Chapter 4

Remembering the Forgotten

Jongin found himself staring for so long at Kyungsoo. He decided to take a look at the bus. It’s the usual bus he used to ride. When he eyed his favorite spot, he saw himself—his body. He grinned as he walked towards his body.

“Feels good to be back.” He entered the body without warning. He cupped his cheeks happily and wriggled his eyebrows.

He stood up even if the bus is moving and walked towards Kyungsoo.

“Can I sit beside you?” He motioned to the empty chair beside Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo stared at him then looked at the window like she didn’t care about Jongin’s existence.

“My name’s Kim Jongin”

“I’m not asking,” she scoffed.

Jongin cleared his throat, ready for his second attempt. “You?”

“I’m human.” She answered, still looking out of the window.

“What’s your name?”

“Do you need to know?” She raised her eyebrow and turned to look at him. “You guys… Tch. You’re probably one of those guys who will make someone fall for them and then leave them alone. Then you’ll be happy with your new girl—“

“Hey, hey. Chill. Just asking your name”

“Well yeah. All will start this way. So just don’t ask me.”

The bus stopped and Kyungsoo immediately get off of the bus, thinking that Jongin was kind of a ert or something. Jongin silently followed behind, slightly distracting himself by playing with his phone. When Kyungsoo noticed, she faced Jongin with an irritated face.

“Are you stalking me?”

Jongin looked around. “Me?”

“Who else? Maybe the tree! Tree, come talk to me”

Jongin chuckled. “Silly. I’m sorry. Well, what a coincidence, huh?”

“Coincidence your ,” she whispered to herself. “Don’t follow me”

 She turned to a corner and just walked. She didn’t know where to walk. Finally, she saw a bench so she decided to sit. She closed her eyes and inhaled the wind. Jongin watched her silently, not going near her because it would be too much of a coincidence.

“Hi”

Kyungsoo opened her eyes and was about to yell when she saw that the guy standing was not Jongin but an ahjussi.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, ahjussi.” She stood up and bowed 90 degrees.

The ahjussi laughed and held her shoulders. He suddenly stopped and became serious. “Come with me?”

“W-Where?”

“Don’t ask. And don’t shout. Or else…” He put his index finger on his neck and motioned it like saying that she’ll die.

Kyungsoo shivered to the ahjussi’s words. The ahjussi tilted his head and inched closer to Kyungsoo.

She tried to push him but no avail. Then when she closed her eyes, the ahjussi was not there anymore. Her eyes found him being punched by Jongin.

“Don’t touch my girlfriend ever again!” Jongin finished him with a sharp blow on the face.

Jongin’s expression suddenly changed into a worried one and rushed towards the shocked Kyungsoo.

“Are you okay? Where does it hurt? Aish—“

“Thanks…” She’s so shy to say anything so she started walking away.

“What’s your name?” Jongin who is now following Kyungsoo again asked.

“Do Kyungsoo.”

“Can I call you mine?”

“MWO?!” Kyungsoo stopped and faced him.

“Whoa! I’m just kidding. Nice to meet you, Kyung.” He offered out his hand.

Kyungsoo just stared at it but Jongin got her hand and shook it. “Are we friends already?”

“Not because you saved me from that ert—“

“Can we at least just be friends? Please?”

Kyungsoo sighed. “Am I pretty?”

“Eh? Of course.”

“Tch. I said it. You’re just one of them who only looks—“

“Aniyo. I’m just telling the truth.”

“Truth your . You—“

“Well—“

“Would you stop cutting me off?!”

Jongin put his hands in his pockets and looked down. He cleared his throat and looked at Kyungsoo once more. “Go on.”

“I’m not befriending those people I just met out there. I befriend those people that can be trusted. Prove me that you have good intentions and I’ll let you be a part of my life. Well… as a friend only.”

“Of course. Friends… You can trust me, right?”

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and looked at Jongin from head to toe. “No.”

She turned away and continued walking. “You still owe me. At least let me be your friend.”

“What do you want?” Kyungsoo asked, irritated.

“If I tell you everything, you won’t believe me.”

“Of course I wouldn’t. It’s not like I know you.”

“I’m Kim Jongin. KIM JONG IN.”

“Oh… Hi Jongin. Can I go now?”

“KYUNGIE!”

Kyungsoo froze. Only Baekhyun calls her that way. She stopped but didn’t turn back. She heard Jongin’s footsteps coming near but she can’t move.

“Kyungie… Don’t you remember me?”

 

A/N: Short update TT^TT I really want to make it longer but oh well, I think I have the 'writer's block' or maybe I don't know what to do first. The sequel or this. If someone would give me a poster, I'll post the foreword. Anyway, for whoever would do that, the title is QWQ 2: Starting A New Start. Thanks subbies <3