Chapter 13

Remembering the Forgotten

She felt safe in Jongin's arms. She didn't even know why she asked Jongin to hug her. Maybe because she can't handle any other conversations aside from Jongin.

"Are you, ok?" Jongin asked awkwardly. For the first time in forever, his confidence was quiet.

"I don't know. I just don't know what to do..."

Jongin took a peek at his watch. "," he muttered.

"Why?"

"I-I'm afraid I need to go."

Kyungsoo sighed. "I'm afraid I don't want you to."

Jongin was quite taken aback. Normally, when he says he needs to go, Kyungsoo would almost kick him away but now it's like she's pleading for him to stay.

Five minutes. Five last minutes on Earth for this day. The five-hour limit is about to end. 

"I'll just call my friend."

"Please..."

"You know how much I want to stay. But... something came up."

"What?"

Jongin thought of an alibi. "This close friend of mine is on a critical condition. I need to visit him as soon as possible."

"Can I just go with--"

"It's already dark--"

"Just like you"

"Kyung, listen. I don't have much time-- I mean, he doesn't have much time. There's 90% that he'd die."

Kyungsoo's wide eyes was almost about to run out of its sockets.

"I need to go."

"O...kay." Kyungsoo released him unwillingly.

"I'll meet you tomorrow at 7."

"Fine."

Jongin kissed her forehead and ran away. 

***

"This can't be. Kyungsoo is actually falling for him?! NO!"

"Again, Lu Han, what are you doing in my room?!"

Jongin glared at her but Lu Han just rolled her eyes.

"You are not gonna end up with that Kyungsoo."

"I am. And you're not doing anything to stop us. Get out. Now"

Lu Han Kai's cheek. "I'll do anything I can. Watch."

He held her by the wrists. "One wrong move and I'll kill you."

Lu Han laughed hysterically. "Are you nuts? I am PRINCESS Lu Han. PRINCESS. You know what? You are lucky because I like you, because if I don't, you're already dead by now."

"Should I thank you for that?"

"Of course you should."

"No thanks." Kai stormed out of the room.

"Kai?"

"What now?"

"I'm glad you're making progress. Can we talk?"

"We're already talking."

"A private one."

Suho held his wrist and teleported to his room.

"Kai, I'll ask you a question."

"Fire it."

"Do you love-- or like my daughter?"

"Hell no."

Suho ignored his nasty reply. "Well then, I'm not rooting for you to be the prince."

Kai celebrated inside. "I want her to be happy but I think you're not capable of returning her love."

"I really am not."

Suho can't help but to glare at him. "That's rude, Jongin. If I were to choose, I'd choose Sehun to be the prince. He was the only one who dared to pursue his love for Luhan. He's extremely determined to get her hand."

"Then just set up a wedding date and I'll attend the wedding then I'll go back to Earth, with Kyungsoo."

"We had a deal, remember?"

"That ing deal. Luhan is the reason why I'm here, right? Then if she's already married, I'll be useless here. It's like I'm just here to feed her eyes. Nothing more than that."

Suho studied him carefully and remembered what Luhan had said. 'Dad, I want him. Only him. I pretend to be strong around him but inside I' dying, literally. I don't know why I'm captivated by him. But dad, just give me this guy. I won't ask anything aside from him. Remember dad, my days are numbered.'

He sighed. "Why can't he just see Sehun as her ideal guy?"

"Yeah right"

"But please...just do me a favor. And after that, I will let you out of this planet."

"Can I trust you this time?"

"Kai, didn't I made a deal with you before? It happened."

"Let's see. What favor?"

"Can you feed Luhan with affection?"

"Are you--"

"She's dying. She acts strong outside... but she really is dying. She has pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.."

"Uhm what?"

"In your world, that is the longest word. But here, it isn't."

"So what is that disease all about?"

"It's a serious lung disease."

"Are you serious?"

"Her condition is serious. And I want you to give her forever within the numbered days."

"How many days left?"

Suho looked up, controlling his tears. 

"A month, they say."

"Says who?"

"The doctors. Please Kai... Please."

Jongin thought for a while. "After a month, I can return to Earth...And live there permanently?"

"Yes"

"But within that month, I can still visit Earth 5 hours a day?"

"I'm afraid you can't. Luhan will need more attention from you before she dies."

"But you can lengthen her life, right?"

"No. Death is still the problem we haven't solved."

"She is really dying?"

"How many times will you ask?"

Jongin cleared his throat and slouched back. "I want to have my own set of conditions."

"Go ahead."

"Give me a week to be on Earth. Not just five hours per day, but whole week. The remaining three weeks, I would be here. I'll spend time with Luhan. But after that, after showing her 'affection,' I'd go back to Earth and you'll have to bring their memories back."

"Oh...those memories. That is another thing. I'm afraid to say that their memories are trapped under a spell that you need to break."

"What spell?"

"The spell of importance. They won't get their memories with you unless you finally know what 'important' means."

"I know what it means."

"I didn't mean here." Suho pointed his brain. "I mean there" He pointed Jongin's chest where his heart is located.

"How can I possible break that spell?"

"You'll know soon. Once you get back there. I agree to your conditions, so it's a deal?"

The word 'deal' seemed wrong to Jongin's mouth. It was like every deal has a consequence that he wouldn't like. But hey, this is his only chance to get back on Earth permanently.

An opportunity, indeed.

He let out a sigh before answering, "Deal."