Chapter 12

Remembering the Forgotten

'The week was brutal,' well that's what Kyungsoo thought.

Having Jongin trailing behind her every time. Not practically every time of the day. Of course Jongin's time is still limited. And little by little, Kyungsoo gets used to Jongin's presence.

The four of them were playing truth or dare. Actually it was Jongin's plan, so that Kyungsoo would speak her thoughts.

Jongin spun the bottle and it pointed Baekhyun.

"Ha. Baek, truth or--"

"Dare, you bastard. Won't ever say truth again." She rolled her eyes at Jongin.

Jongin chuckled. "Ok. Twerk here in the middle. Your facing your boyfriend"

". YOU , REALLY"

I nodded innocently. "What's wrong with that? He's your boyfriend. And perhaps you've gone to numerous intimate moments." Jongin winked at her.

"YOU ING PIECE OF "

"Do it now, Baek. Or maybe you can just say 'tru--"

"No thanks, Jongin. Imma do it. It's easy"

"Ok. Wait 'til I play the song"

Jongin scanned through his phone and clicked 'Anaconda'

~Ma anaconda don't, ma anaconda don't~

"YOU YOU YOU. ARGHHHH. HEAD BASTARD."

She leaned down and did the twerking in front of his boyfriend. Chanyeol, on the other hand, wanted to her but can't do it in front of them. Like hell do they know what they're doing when it's only the two of them.

The chorus ended with Jongin still laughing.

"That was the weirdest song ever," Kyung commented

"Oh Kyungiee, the MV is a must-watch."

"Are you kidding, Kim Jongin?! You're ruining her innocence!"

"Innocence?" Jongin laughed. "With you around her, I don't think she can maintain that so-called 'innocence'"

"Oh shut up. You don't know a thing."

Baekhyun grabbed the bottle and spun it inside our little circle. Which doesn't look like a circle but a square. 

"OH IT'S PAYBACK TIME!" Baekhyun smirked.

Jongin just shrugged nonchalantly.

"Truth--"

"Dare."

"Kiss Kyungsoo for a minute."

Kyungsoo stared at her. 

"Uhm.. Kyung, are you shocked or are your eyes normally like that?"

"My eyes are normally like this but I am shocked. Baek, it's payback time, you are rewarding him."

"Oh it's a reward? I'm so dumb--"

"Of course I'd do the dare."

Quickly, Jongin pulled Kyungsoo closely to him and kissed her sweetly. Kyungsoo tried to pull away but it seemed that her inner soul is too weak and it seemed that she's enjoying the kiss.

After a minute or so, Jongin was the one to pull away.

"That was 1:10, you es."

"It was a dare after all, and we both like it." Jongin smirked at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo flushed dark red that he put his head down. "Bastard, you are so dead."

"Remember, Kyung? I didn't control you or anything. You responded to the kiss."

"Holy-- Kyungiee is a good kisser!" -Baek

"Uh-uh. So good."

Kyungsoo didn't dare to look up. She knew for a fact that her cheeks were flaming.

Jongin spun the bottle once again and it landed on Chanyeol.

"Kyung, since you're a very good kisser, I give you the privilege to ask a question or dare this guy," Jongin said, pointing to Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo studied Chanyeol's face for a while. "Truth or dare?"

"I'll go for truth."

"I've been curious about this for a long time. You said before that before meeting Baek, you had this girl you like but it seemed that she doesn't like you. Tell me... who's that lucky girl?"

"That again. Do we really need to tackle that thing?"

"I asked for it. Because I got the... privilege."

"Jongin, ask me another one."

"Same question, dude."

"There's no point. I already got my bae." He smiled sweetly at Baek.

"Just answer it, I won't be jealous."

"Tch. Fine. It was you, Kyungsoo. I met you first right? From the very start, I got this feeling that you're one of a kind. There was something special that I can't fathom. But then, I thought... 'She seemed to delicate and I don't think I can protect her' and then suddenly Baek came along. Then that's the end."

Kyungsoo was beyond shocked to hear that one.

"You like me?"

"I used to. Don't overreact, ok? That's why I don't wanna talk about this." He sighed.

"That was...unexpected," Kyung replied with an unreadable expression.

Chanyeol spun the bottle and it pointed to Kyung. "Won't ask you about truth or dare. Who's your first love?"

"Sort of revenge, huh?"

"Yes. Now tell me."

"Tch. That day when you met, I already like you, silly. Sounds odd. We both like each other but we didn't let our feelings pour out of us. Same time, same location, but nothing ever happened. Woah."

"Are you serious right now, Kyung?" Chanyeol stared at her in disbelief.

Disappointment flooded Kyung's face. She was blaming herself about not making the first move.

"Past is past anyway." Jongin cleared his throat.

"Uh-uh. I also think so. So jagi, let's go eat dinner outside." Baekhyun stood up and offered her hand to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol reached for it and smiled at her upon standing up.

"Want me to carry you bridal style?" Jongin asked jokingly.

"I'm not in the mood for your flirtatious jokes, Jongin."

"Did that put you out? Past is past. Don't overreact, he said."

"Damn. If only I knew."

"You still love him, don't you?"

"Maybe yes, maybe no."

***

All of them were having a quiet dinner. Chanyeol can't even look at Kyung. He was also surprised by the revelation. What could have happened if ChanSoo dated?

"Yeol, you there?" Baek asked, slightly annoyed. "You've been daydreaming since forever."

Chanyeol put his attention back to Baek. "Was just thinking about things."

"Things like what could have happened if you ended up with Kyungsoo?" Baek whispered through his ear.

"Don't think bad thoughts about your boyfriend. I'm loyal to you," he whispered back.

Jongin, on the other hand, was just assisting Kyung with the sweet sherry that she kept on ordering. 

"You still fine, Kyung?"

Kyung rested her head on Jongin's shoulder.

"Glad you're here, Jongin. For the first time, I feel safe."

"Or maybe you feel cold. Wait, I'll pull off my jac--"

"No, Jongin. Please hug me."

 

A/N: It's been awhile. But it seems like no one notices if I update or not. Sad.