Chapter 16

Remembering the Forgotten

Kyungsoo grasped her hair while thinking. She frustratedly ruffled her hair. "Why can't I remember anything?! King Suho, if you're real, talk to me!"

She ate the piece of bread on her hand. "What I'm asking is impossible. Why do I have to be in this situation?"

Her phone rang and she saw Baekhyun's name on the caller ID.She quickly answered it. "BAEKHYUN!"

"My eardrums! Gosh, Kyungsoo."

"I'm sorry, Baek. I just missed you"

"I missed you too, Kyung. And I want to say sorry to you. I'm sorry for those I said. Come back home~"

"OH MY GOSH BAEK. Don't be sorry. I'm the one who should say that. Sorry, Baek. Really"

"No. I'm sorry. Accept my apology, please"

"Accept mine first."

"Kyung, can you just come over? I want to see you"

"OF COURSE, I'D COME."

Kyungsoo hung up and went straight to their home.

**

Kyungsoo hugged Baekhyun the moment she opened the door.

"I was worried, Kyung! Where have you been?"

"In Jongin's--" Kyungsoo looked down, her face red.

"Oh well, if you want to live there, I won't force you to stay"

"Yah! Of course I want to be here!"

"I know that you want to be with Jongin all night-- I mean every day." Baekhyun chuckled

Kyungsoo's face flushed even more "It's not what you think! This dirty-minded girl, really."

"Eh? How am I dirty-minded? I didn't say anything. Guilty girl"

"Whatever." She walked past Baekhyun and saw Chanyeol who was just about to approach Baekhyun. They caught each other's eyes for about 2 seconds then suddenly, the atmosphere became awkward.

"Hi," Chanyeol greeted Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo nodded and walked back to Baekhyun. "You sure you want me here?"

"I trust you both. Chanyeol said it was all infatuation that he still loves you. Sorry about that"

"Don't be sorry. I don't love him now anyway."

Baekhyun flashed a genuine smile and Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly. They headed toward the couch and sat comfortably there.

"Enough of the drama, tell me everything about you and Jongin. Well, it's okay if you don't tell me the censored parts. I understand--"

"BAEKHYUN!"

"Chill! I'm kidding." Baekhyun giggled. "Just tell me everything that happened"

"Uhm... I actually don't know how to explain this."

"The sensation?"

"WHAT THE "

"You can continue." Baekhyun tried to control his laughter

"He told me something I can't believe. You know that? Something impossible."

"Did you mean he proposed?!"

"Gosh, Baekhyun. Not that."

"Then what?" Baekhyun shifted from her position and eyed Kyungsoo curiously.

"EXO planet ."

"The hell is that?"

And with exact words, Kyungsoo told her everything that Jongin said.

"I think you should break up with him."

"Actually there's no 'us.' There was never an 'us.'"

"And he doesn't have a big "

"You're such a byun. Can we talk about this seriously?"

"Yeah sure. What are you saying awhile ago?"

"There's no 'us'"

"So what do you call the relationship you have?"

"It's called friendship. Or something lower than that. Acquaintance-ship? If there's such word."

"Don't fool me, Kyung. You don't do that to me."

"Well, I'm not fooling you." Kyungsoo gave her a serious face.

"So you lied to me? To everyone of us?"

"Practically yes. And I'm sorry."

"Oh. So what do you want me to say?"

"Hey, forget about that. I'm sorry. It's not a big deal anyway. I'm sorry if everyone actually believed that act. But that everyone we're talking about is just you and Chanyeol. So pls don't make this a big deal. I have this big big big problem on hand, so pls just let it pass."

"You know what? I want to be mad. But I think... you wouldn't be so concerned about this if you're not into him."

"Hey stop that. It's not like that."

"It is. So let me tell you this." Baekhyun cleared . "I mean, Kyung, if you think you already love him and he's worth it, go for it. Be there for him. What I mean here is if he needs medical advice, you can bring him to the doctor and so forth. Then act as a nurse."

"Maybe I'll just talk to another person." Kyungsoo stood up but then Baekhyun stopped her by holding her back.

"The first two sentences are true. Love conquers all, afterall. If your love is strong enough for you to have eternal faith on him, I think you should just believe."

"I don't know what to do already."

"One question, one answer. Do you love him?"

"I don't think I should answer that?"

"This is not a math test that will take you an hour to finish. You just need to feel it. Close your eyes and feel it."

Kyungsoo tokk a deep breath before closing her eyes. 

"Ok Kyung. Can I ask you the same thing?"

"Sure."

"Woman, do you accept this man--"

Kyungsoo opened her eyes immediately and slapped Baekhyun's head. "You're not a priest or a pastor or what. So don't act like one. You're never gonna be one of them, you're a sinful human being. Or are you even human? Or maybe an alien?"

It's Baekhyun's turn to slap Kyungsoo's head. "Be thankful that I'm helping you with this."

"It's because you're like a love guru."

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who's busy watching TV. "I'm not a love guru, I'm just in love."

"How would I know that I'm in love? Love is so confusing."

"Don't ask me how it feels. You should know how it felt when you loved Chanyeol."

"Don't bring that up," Kyungsoo said sternly.

"Well, I'm sorry, ma'am. Now close your eyes and we'll start the ritual."

"You're a witch."

"Close your eyes, I said."

"Fine." Kyungsoo closed her eyes and inhaled sharply.

"For the last time, Kyungsoo, do you love Kim Jongin?"

And as if the time stopped, Kyungsoo didn't answer for about 10 seconds.

"That's too much internalizing--"

"No. I don't think I love him."

 

A/N: OMG sorry for the long wait. I've been busy and lazy. But more of busy of course XD So sorry