Chapter 5

Remembering the Forgotten

“NO. So leave”

Jongin sighed as he walked the other way. Kyungsoo looked at Jongin while walking away and tilted her head.

“Why do you seem so familiar?”

She just shrugged it off and decided to go back home.

Upon opening the door, Chanyeol immediately surprised her. Kyungsoo pretended to be expecting him and didn’t flinch. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and landed on the couch. Chanyeol trailed behind her and sat across her, where Baekhyun was sitting. He put an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and looked at Kyungsoo.

“Where did you go?” Baekhyun asked.

“Out there.”

“Mhm. Kyungie, do you have a problem?”

She wished that she can just say her problem straight to her face. But she can’t because as a matter of fact, they’re best friends. All she can do is sigh, look at them, and sigh again. She wanted to say ‘Well, I envy you two because you’re like that. I envy you, Byun Baekhyun, because Chanyeol fell in love with you. I’ve been loving him secretly ever since you introduced me to him. I thought it was your plan… that blind date thing but dang! It was not. If I just happened to see him during one of those dates, I would definitely date him. Aish! But actually I really met him first. Not on a blind date but on a cliche situation where I bumped into him and he helped me. Just like that.' But instead of saying that, she shook her head and smiled. “It’s nothing serious, Baek.”

Baekhyun walked across and sat beside her. “If there’s something wrong, don’t hesitate to tell me, huh?”

“Neh…”

“Ok then, Chanyeol and I will be having a date tonight… Do you wanna—“

“I’m okay.” She answered, holding back her tears.

“You’ll be home al—“

“I’m used to being alone. You silly.” She playfully slapped Baekhyun’s arm. “Enjoy your date.” She told them while leading them to the door and waving goodbye. She carefully locked the door and let her back lean on it. She didn’t realize but tears came rushing down her cheeks.

**

Jongin was looking through the monitor that can see what is happening to Kyungsoo. Seeing her cry almost killed him. But seeing her cry for another guy is worse. Jongin caressed the screen and whispered, “Sorry… If I’m not there to comfort you.”

Suddenly, someone appeared in front of him. His hands were on his pockets and was looking directly at Jongin. He cleared his throat and spoke, “I’m the new occupant of your body on Earth.”

Jongin stood up and walked closer to him. “Then why are you here?”

The other guy chuckled at his cockiness. “Because I live here. I was thrown to Earth by the princess. But I don’t want to talk about that. I wanted to say that I have my choice to leave that body but someone has to take over.”

“Are you telling—“

“Idiot! Of course I’m telling you that. What else? I want to be back here. And I can only be back here if you—“

“You can’t be back here. Remember, I threw you away. And I am the only one who has the power to bring you back. You can only visit here for five hours per day ‘coz that’s Jongin’s time limit. You can only be back if that body has another permanent occupant.”

They both stood there, dumbfounded with her words. They looked at each other and then looked at her again.

“Princess Lu Han, glad to see you again”

“Don’t go near me, Se Hun.”

Lu Han walked closer to Jongin. “You, I’m the reason why you’re here. And I’m the only one who can let you out.”

“But why? Why am I here?”

Lu Han caressed Jongin’s cheek. “Well… Why don’t you guess?”

Jongin swallowed hard and put her hand away. “I’m not playing guessing games with you.”

“Why? You’re afraid? Aw.” Lu Han pulled his shirt towards her to smell him. “Kai, I want you to be the prince of my planet.”

Jongin’s eyes widened out of shock. He held her on her shoulders and pushed her inches away from him.

“I-I don’t want—“

“Whether you like it or not.”

“But if I succeed on my mission…” He smirked.

Lu Han just laughed at him. “I can control you, Kai. I’m telling you, you can’t do it.”

With that, Lu Han went out of his room and winked at him before closing the door.

“So the princess wants you to be his prince? This is pathetic. How come? I’m the one who cares for her. I’m the one who loves her! This is so unfair!” Se Hun stomped his feet.

“Help me finish this.”

“Huh?”

“I want my life back. And so do you. Help me then.”

“What would I get by helping you?”

“Your life.”

“What will I do with my life back here if Princess Lu Han doesn’t like me?!”

“Then try again.”

“I’ve been trying for my whole life.”

Jongin just stared at him. “You mean you’re giving up?”

“I don’t know.” Se Hun looked down.

“That’s more pathetic. After being there and trying for your whole life, you’ll just give up?!”

“Yah! You don’t know anything to begin with. You’re just a simple Earthling who doesn’t know anything about love”

Jongin was about to punch Sehun but then, “Go ahead and punch me. You’re guilty, huh? If you know something about love, why would you cheat? Well, let me rephrase… if you are really in love, why would you cheat? To start with, you were never in love to understand how I feel. Letting her go is the only way for her to be happy. In her whole life, I didn’t see her smile, and if you can do that, I’m giving her to you.”

“You—“

“Why am I even explaining this to you?! You don’t even understand me, right? What did you give up for Kyungsoo, anyway?”

Jongin put his hands on his pockets and thought for awhile. “My life. I saved her before dying.”

“Too late, don’t you think? Too dumb to realize that… never mind.”

“I know. I’m a jerk way back then. I was a wreck. I thought those things I asked would satisfy me.”

“Didn’t they?”

“They did… For awhile.”

“Awhile?” Se Hun scoffed.

“Ok, not for awhile. It’s been a long time. Tch. This bastard.”

“You’re the bastard here, don’t put it on me.”

“Yah!”

“Chill, bro.”

“Wait… if you’re only here when I’m on Earth, why are you here?”

“King Suho let me in. He wants me to be the prince before you came.” He smirked.

“Then be the prince.” Jongin sat down on his bed.

Se Hun followed and knocked his head. “Dumb. He’s now rooting for you.”

“No. I can’t be the prince because I’m not from here.”

“Is there such rule?”

Jongin shrugged. “Just made it up.”

“Really an idiot.”

Jongin glared at him but Se Hun ignored him.

“How many hours left?”

Jongin looked at his watch. It was now 7:00 p.m.

“4 hours.”

“Let’s go.”

Se Hun dragged him to the portal and they arrived at Se Hun’s house which is Jongin’s past house.

“WHAT THE HELL!” Jongin screamed.

“What?”

“What’s this mess all about?”

“Yah! Don’t pretend that you’re not like this. Excuse YOU, I’m only copying the way you live.”

“Tch. Clean up.”

“Clean up your . Don’t you see that I’m letting you use the body? Go ahead.”

Jongin was thankful to Se Hun but can’t say it aloud.

“You’re welcome.”

“Eh?!”

“I know that your pride is too high.” Se Hun rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, yeah. Bye, Se Hun.”

“Go ahead…”

Jongin went inside the body.

“…And clean up,” Se Hun said before finally disappearing.

“Stupid bastard.”

 

A/N: Teehee~ I'm on the mood to update. Kkekek~