Chapter 8

Remembering the Forgotten

Jongin marched down the streets and found the café where Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo went. Kyungsoo, like the usual her, was faking her smile. And everytime Baekhyun will do something sweet to Chanyeol, she would look away.

Kyungsoo laced her fingers together and looked out of the window. Her gaze met Jongin’s. She glared at him and then looked back at Baekhyun. When she looked back, Baekhyun is already looking at the direction where she looked at.

“That guy seems familiar,” Chanyeol said. “Do we know him, jagi?”

“Aniya. Why are you glaring at the guy, Kyungie?”

“Uhm… N-Noth—“

“Hi bae!” Jongin sat beside Kyungsoo. “Sorry to interrupt you guys.” Jongin chuckled. “Bae, are they your friends that you’re talking about?”

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped. “Are you K-Kim Jongin?”

Jongin nodded. “Neh. And you are?”

“I’m Baekhyun, this is my jagi, Chanyeol.”

“Annyeonghasaeyo.” They greeted each other.

Kyungsoo just stared at him for like two minutes.

“I’m now sure that you’re a stalker,” she hissed.

“Just be thankful because I saved you from drowning from the situation.” He pinched her cheeks “Cutie”

Kyungsoo facepalmed herself. “How did you know that I’m here?”

“Boyfriend instincts.” He winked.

Baekhyun squealed at their sweetness. “Oh gosh, you’re so lucky, Kyungie! He’s so damn sweet.”

Chanyeol cleared his throat.

“But of course, jagi is the best.” Baekhyun pecked his lips that made Chanyeol smile widely.

“Derp.” Baekhyun ruffled his hair.

“So how did you meet Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked. “She’s always at the house, as far as I remember.”

“Uhm… I met her at a haunted house. The funny thing is, she wasn’t the one who’s squealing, but it’s me. She was alone and so am I. I don’t know what to do so I hugged the nearest person which happened to be her. She touched my hands and told me “Yah. Who the hell are you to hug me?” Then I let her go. But then when we reached the end, I caught up to her. Then I apologized to her. It was awkward that time because she just stared back and didn’t say a thing. She just said ‘I’m Do Kyungsoo.” Then left. That took my interest of her. She’s such a cold girl but couldn’t resist my charm.”

“You entered a haunted house? Aren’t you afraid of the dark?” Chanyeol asked.

“I dared to enter once. And I’d never go inside again. And as a matter of fact, I’m not mesmerized by you, you bastard! Zoning out is my hobby, kay? And I just assumed that you’re asking my name, that’s why I told you.”

“So you assumed that very moment that I’m interested in you?”

“IT’S NOT THAT!!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed at them. “Why are they so cute, jagi?”

“Aye! I’m also cute”

Baekhyun knocked his forehead.

“But they are so so so cute.” Baekhyun pouted.

Kyungsoo frowned at Jongin like questioning him ‘What the hell are you saying?’

“I think we need to talk alone first,” Kyungsoo stated.

“Sure, sure. Should we wait for you?” Baekhyun asked.

“No. Thanks. I’ll be home later.” Kyungsoo dragged Jongin away.

Upon exiting the café, Kyungsoo glared at Jongin. “What the hell are you doing?!”

“I’m YOUR BOYFRIEND, right?”

“W-What are you talking about?”

“You told Baekhyun.”

“A-Ani!!”

“Why are you blushing?”

“Am not.” Kyungsoo turned away and held her cheeks that are emitting a blast of red.

“I can act as your boyfriend, don’t worry. It’s no problem with me.”

“Tch. Of course it’s okay with you. You’re the one being advantageous here.”

“Nah! You know, many girls are up for me but here am I, chasing you.”

“Then go chase them.”

Jongin sighed. “I don’t like them. I like YOU.”

Kyungsoo didn’t expect those words to come out from Jongin’s mouth.

“Kim Jongin… how many days/months/years have you been stalking me?”

“Since I was born… again.”

“Again?”

Jongin held her hand. “Don’t mind what I’m saying. I’m really straightforward.”

Kyungsoo let Jongin drag her along. Halfway their walk, Jongin stopped in front of a fountain.

“Do you have a coin?”

Kyungsoo put her hand on her pocket and felt a single coin. “Here.”

Jongin smiled at her then faced the fountain. He was silent for a moment then he threw the coin to the fountain.

“What did you wish for?”

“Wished that everything would be back to normal”

“What do you really mean? You’re really mysterious. You’re creepy.”

Jongin chuckled. “You just thought. But if you only knew…”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

Kyungsoo shrugged it off as she already found him interesting. It’s like he’s a puzzle that she needs to solve. She kept on getting clues but she doesn’t know how to put them in place.

“You’re full of secrets.”

“I am not.”

Kyungsoo pulled a paper bill on her wallet and closed her eyes. Later, she threw it to the fountain.

“Seriously?! That’s too much to throw. Don’t you know the word ‘importance’?” All of a sudden, Jongin felt bad about the topic. It’s like he’s not the one talking.

“It’s just money, Kim Jongin.”

“It’s a paper bill”

“So? You know I don’t believe in this but then I’ll just try. And I didn’t throw a coin because it’s cheap. I believe that wishes come true faster when you give more money.”

“It’s not like that.”

“Then how is it?”

“It depends on your determination to fulfill what you want. It’s stupid to rely on a fountain, you know? But there’s no harm in trying, that’s why I tried.”

Kyungsoo shook her head. “Jongin, if it’s meant to be, it will be.”

“Meant to be? You mean us?”

Kyungsoo glared at him. “We are NOT.”

Jongin just chuckled and looked at her again. “What did you wish for?”

“For you to be gone.”

 

A/N: Sorry I'm just so busy :'( Huhuhu