Chapter 9

Remembering the Forgotten

Jongin felt a pang on his chest when Kyungsoo said those words. "Are you serious, Kyungsoo?"

"Neh."

Jongin turned away and walked ahead but Kyungsoo matched his pace. "I was kidding. I wished that I could unveil the mystery in you"

Jongin's heart pumped more blood and he smiled unconsciously. "So you're having interest in me, Kyungie?"

Kyungsoo slapped his arm. "It's not that. You're so creepy and I don't even know why I'm with you"

Jongin leaned closer to her. "Because I'm your boyfriend."

She just stared at him for seconds. "Jongin, you stop."

He laughed heartily. "You're so cute, Kyungie. Should I call you jagi?"

Kyungsoo rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Jagi, do you want to go to Namsan Tower?"

"Eh?"

"Love locks."

Kyungsoo pushed his face playfully. "We're not even a couple."

"We are."

Jongin rushed towards a stall and found a couple necklace. 

"Aw. it's cute!!" She squealed.

"You like it?"

"Neh." She examined the necklace and then put it back. "But it's only for couples."

"I'll buy it"

"Eh?!--"

Before she can even say a thing, Jongin already payed for the couple necklace.

Jongin gave her the other necklace. She was about to put it around her neck but then Jongin spoke, "Yah, that's mine. Put it on my neck. This is the one for you." He raised the other necklace.

"Are you nuts? Tch. Sit down, you're so tall."

Jongin chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Shortie."

"Take that back," Kyungsoo threatened with a death glare.

"Fine, fine. You're tall." He went down a little.

Quickly, Kyungsoo put the necklace on him without touching his skin.

Jongin stood up and went in front of her. "Jagi, wear this necklace as a sign--"

"Freakin' put it on"

"Aish jinjjah. This stubborn kid."

Jongin ignored her glare and put the necklace on her. 

"See? The necklaces suit us."

"Tch." She folded her arms in front of her chest. "Why are you like this?"

"This is how I show my affection."

"Don't you realize that you won't win my heart?"

"Why? Are you in love with someone else?"

Kyungsoo fell silent for a moment. She thought of Chanyeol. The love of her life but also the love of Baekhyun's life. She thought that if she admit it to Jongin, he won't know who is the guy.

"Neh. I'm in love."

"Ah. I knew it. You're in love with me"

"Jongin... I'm serious."

Jongin shook his head and smiled painfully. "I know. I knew it all along. You're in love with HIM."

Kyungsoo shivered at his voice. The tone of his voice, it seemed that he really knew it all along.

"What do you know about him?"

"His name is Park Chanyeol. Unfortunately, he's taken... he's your best friend's boyfriend."

Kyungsoo's jaw literally dropped. "A-Ani!"

"Don't lie, Kyung. I know everything."

"Jinjjah? Are you a robot or what that knows everything?"

"I... I'm a stalker. A handsome one."

"I'm serious. You're really creeping me out."

"Even if I say it, you won't believe me."

"What is it?"

"Just think of this. I'm your ex and all of you have amnesia."

"AISH. What are you? Stop it. Just tell me."

"What if I tell you that I'm telling the truth?"

"You are not."

"What if?"

"What you're saying is impossible"

Jongin turned away and looked at his watch. 

"It's because you don't trust me."

"How can I possibly trust you when you can't even tell a single thing about yourself?"

He stared at the ground.

"Jongin, we can be friends. FRIENDS. That's the boundary."

He looked up at her. "Wae?"

"Because it's like that."

"Why are you so sure that I don't have a chance? Don't you know that I'm striving to win you back? Don't you know that it's so hard when no one can even understand you?! Tell me, Kyungsoo!" 

"Win me...back?"

Jongin bit his lower lip. "Never mind. Forget everything that I said. Just remember this, I won't stop."

"Can I also say something?"

He put his hands on his pockets. "Sure"

"Why are you giving me clues and then don't tell me where to put the clues? Don't you know that I'm also striving here to understand your ing history?! You're creepy and all but I'm trying my best not to be suspicious or what about you. And you know what? I'm so tired of trying. Why won't you let me understand what you are saying? You keep on telling things and then later tell me to forget it. What are you, really?"

Jongin stared at her longingly. "It's because even if I tell you, you won't understand. It's okay if I look creepy to you. I am fully aware that I'm creeping you out. I'm just desperate... Really desperate."

Kyungsoo shook her head. "You know what? I don't know why I told you those. I shouldn't have. In the very first place, we barely know each other. I'm sorry, okay? I'm going." She turned her back to him and walked fast away from him.

Jongin held her wrist and made her face him. "This is my way of letting you remember me. If you will ever remember me. Kyungsoo, it's me."

"You are who?" Kyungsoo asked, irritated.

"Kim Jongin."

"I'm so done with you."

"I'm Kim Jongin, your ex."

 

A/N: The UD is short, right? Mianhae TT^TT /sulks in the corner/