Chapter 9: Why She's a Misfit

Falling for a Misfit

 


Please Play This *for more feels*


 

Seohyun felt exhausted as soon as she reached home. As usual, her dad’s waiting for her to arrive, with his typical pose with his usual props, the news paper... You know, like the typical old man. Seohyun forced a smile as she walked towards her dad and kissed his cheeks.

 

 

Mr. Seo in the other hand, is feeling a bit quirky. He saw her daughter on the news and in the tabloids few minutes before she arrived.

 

 

“Saw you on news today dear.” She just smiled and went to her room. She flew herself in her bed without changing her clothes, and closed her eyes. Just as then her phone vibrated inside her pocket. She immediately took it and answered the call without looking at the caller I.d.

 

 

“Hello?” She lazily said.

 

 

“Tss… The next time you pick up your phone make sure to look at the caller Id first, so you’ll know who you’re talking with.” A smile escaped her lips. She felt so blessed that after all these dramas and everything, Kai’s still got her back. Even if she shut herself in, even if she ignored him for years… he’s still there… The man who can’t be moved…

 

 

“So… why’d you call Kai?”

 

 

“Why? Is there a problem? Is it wrong to ask if my girlfriend/best friend’s home already? Geez…  ahahaha, so anyways, get some sleep, we’ll going somewhere later, I’m going to pick you up at 6:30… alright?”

 

 

“Sure… no problem, Jongin… take care” She ended the call and dozed off.

 

 

Seohyun woke up exactly 6 pm, she has enough time to prepare for her rendezvous later with Jongin. She knows that all of this is only a role play, that it has something to do with Kai, being bored and wanting to play along… BUT THEN, That’s what she thinks…

 

 

 She heard a car honk outside, she rushed downstairs. Nothing changed, her dad’s still there… the only thing she noticed was… Her dad’s infamous Camera...

 

 

He smiled sheepishly as he flashed the camera. Seohyun was caught offguard… it’s actually the first time that she didn’t actually find it annoying. Mr. Seo went up to his feet and flashed another picture, this time Seohyun was smiling. His dad escorted her outside where kai’s waiting… with off course a smile on his face.

 

 

He’s actually the one who informed Seo’s dad that they’ll be dating today… and it turns out that Mr. Seo’s actually cool with it. Before they leave the place, Mr. Seo took some pictures of them… and the last one was pretty much shocking. Kai turned sideways and kissed Seohyun’s cheeks, she’s pretty much shocked but just laughed it away, and Like what I said… MR. Seo’s cool about it… I wonder why?

 

 

 

Kai’s the one driving, guess someone’s breaking the rules too. He drove past way to the forest, Kai’s family owns this lot, Kai already had it arranged. There was this wide blanket with a picnic basket, Seohyun also noticed the scattered rose petals around the picnic blanket.

 

 

“You did this?” She’s not a sentimental person but she found this really touching… she thinks that somehow for a guy, Kai’s a very cheesy one.

 

 

“Yup, I left practice early to do this…” He bowed down and placed his hand at his nape. He blushed a bit when he saw her smile.

 

 

 

“Tss… you didn’t have to, we could have eat somewhere… but all in all… It’s very… nice” Seohyun held his hand and smiled, but then she lost again, Kai’s smile was wider as he took something from his pocket… and nope it’s not a ring, don’t ge your hopes to high mehehe.

 

 

It’s a remote. He clicked the first button and the place lit up, Seohyun saw the tree beside the picnic blanket lit up… There were thousands of lanterns hanging in the tree’s in the place. There was also swans and lanterns in the lake… but there’s these two swans who had their fur painted with J and J… its for Jongin and Joohyun… For a first date… this sure isn’t a bad one.

 

 

“Woah… appreciated your effort Kai… this is too much”

 

 

“and you deserve it… Seo Joohyun” and for the last time, Kai pressed a button from the remote control and snaped his fingers. The music started to play, she was a bit startled… she’s not much into dancing anymore, she doesn’t know how she’ll approach him.

 

 

Kai slid his hands to her skinny waist, she just followed her instincts and placed both her hands to his shoulders. She felt Kai’s stiffness… but he’s really good at his expressions. They started swaying side by side… Seohyun can’t help but look at the ground as they were dancing to the lovely music.

 

 

“Seohyun…”

 

 

“Hmm…”

 

 

“What’s it like to date you… In front of people… without hiding in the woods… What’s it like telling everybody that you’re mine… that you’re my girlfriend… what’s it like to be with you forever? What’s it like to tell people that I love you so darn much?” She felt the sadness in his voice as he speaks.

 

 

“Then date me exclusively Kim Jongin” She was surprised in what just she told him, but she was more surprised at his expression. He winced as he turned away. The music was still playing…. That’s why its more dramatically.

 

 

“I cant.”

 

 

“What? But why… In the first place that’s what you wanted right? Then now I’m telling you, date me exclusively” His knuckles turns white as his grip tightened.

 

 

 

“I can’t date you on public Seohyun… I can’t do that… I can’t make people hate you… I don’t want you to shut yourself from me again… I can compromise, I can keep things between us… It’s better if its this way… date you secretly, keep things real from both of us.”

 

 

“what do you mean? I don’t get you Kai… I thought this is what you wanted…”

 

 

“I did… but then it’s too late…. Everyone knows that you’re dating Luhan… If we go public, they’ll call you names… and I can’t let that happen” Now she remembered that her dad mentioned that she was seen on news. She rushed to Kai’s car to get her purse, she took her phone out and went to the news section.

 

 

And it was no joke, she’s totally on news… and she’s named as “Luhan’s Official Girlfriend” and there were tons of articles below saying that… Finally Luhan moved on from his ex-girlfriend Im Yoona.

 

 

She turned off her phone and looked back at Kai… She knows that she can’t be dramatic now, she knows that at least she should be thankful for Kai’s efforts this night. She swallowed a cold lump in as she walked back and took Kai’s hand.

 

 

“Seohyun… you don’t have to… I’ll just bring you back” Okay… their date didn’t go much well, they ate a few and decided to go back to Seohyun’s house. Kai didn’t went in and went straight to his home as soon as he dropped her off that’s why he didn’t noticed that someone’s waiting at her in the veranda.

 

 

“Oh great.” She mumbled in her heavy breathing. It’s Luhan he has this dark circle at the side of his lip and a bruise on his chest.

 

 

“Can we talk?” He said as the pain in his body grew when he tried to stand up.

 

 

“I can’t believe you Luhan. You told me that you wont ask me to be your fake girlfriend! How could you?”

 

 

“Can we just go in? Who knows if there are paparazzi’s in here…” She ignored him and walked passed him slamming the door in his face, but good thing he managed.

 

 

Well he deserves that, he also deserves the punch Xiumin gave him for acting like a horse earlier and the intended assault by Kai. He bit his lip hard as he entered their house with his heart pounding hard against his chest. He thought that seohyun won’t talk to her, but then again he’s wrong.

 

 

He came back holding a first aid kit. She dragged him to the counter at the kitchen and made him sit. She placed the kit on the counter and took a small sized towel and a small basin. She went to the sink and took some hot water then mixed it with some cold one. She returned to the counter where the cahir Luhan is sitting at.

 

 

She dipped the towel grabbed Luhan’s chin as she pressed the towel on his bruise. None of them was talking, just pure silence between them two…

 

 

“Ow-ouch…” Luhan muttered trying to kill the defying silence, he just wanted to alter the presence… But seohyun didn’t said anything. She continued pressing the towel lightly to his bruise, She stopped and opened the kit to get an ointment. She was so quiet and sure about what she’s doing, she applied an ointment on her finger and rubbed it on Luhan’s skin… and with that she’s done.

 

 

“You can go now.” She said

 

 

“U-uhm… thanks… and sorry, I just didn’t know what to tell her…” She twitched her brows and rolled her eyes.

 

 

“really? You should give me better answers, but for now… Clean the mess you made Xi Luhan, I’m all over the news! And you know what’s funny? This happened before… and you want to know what happened next? I shut myself in! I isolated myself from others! They judge and criticized me! I was only 13 that time, I didn’t know how to handle those kind of things… but now that I’m older, I’ll do what I think is best for me. I’m going to tell everybody that you lied, that up to now you’re still head over heels on Yoona, that you still feel the same about her. That your ego was badly hurt when you two were talking earlier.”

 

 

“You can’t do that”

 

 

“Oh please! You just met me and you can’t go around ordering me things to do and not!” She’s fuming mad when her dad entered the kitchen. But he wasn’t surprise at all in their sudden visitor.

 

 

“Seohyun… I didn’t know you’re home, did you enjoy your… date?”

 

 

“wait? You’re dating someone? You just can’t date someone Seohyun! What will other think of you?” Luhan retorted.

 

 

“Oh so you’re my daughters boyfriend now? Howcome mr… Luhan?” Mr Seo said rasing a brow. Seohyun left the kitchen and went up to her room… This is just too much to handle for her.

 

 

First… She’s dating her bestfriend secretly, which she thinks is now working… She think’s she’s somehow on the process of feeling the same thing for Kai… but then here comes Luhan telling everybody, the whole wide world that Seohyun’s her girlfriend….

 

 

So what will happen now is that… She’ll date Kai secretly while dating Luhan exclusively? How insane is that? She pressed her eyes shut as she clicked the remote beside her bed to open the tv. She's listening ti the news as her name was being said for many times, she kept on changing the channels but all the news are about her and Luhan. It's all over South Korea... And remembering what had happened before, makes her want to pass out. 

 

 

Tear's started to flow out her eyes as a huge wave of flashbacks apporached. Seo Joohyun was on her last year in middle school, she's classmates with Jongin, they we're both part of the varsity game, both valuable players on the sports they play. For Seohyun it has always been baseball and for Kai whelp, it's nothing but football. A lot envied them, but most of them, dislikes Seohyun for the attention she get's from the teachers and the majority of the boys in the school. They hated her... and when they had this opportunity to wreck her career, they didn't hesistated. 

 

 

It was may 7, their final match of the season against other school. Seohyun's dad was rushed to the hospital, she wasn't able to concentrate in their game, they lost and blamed her, but she couldn't careless... She was so paced out thinking of his dad's condition, her motherwent back to South Korea in instant when she knew what happened to her husband, Instead of going straight to the hospital, she came to pick Seohyun from her match that didn't went well. 

 

 

Right after they left the stadium, a heavy rain poured, blocking most of the roads because it was too dangerous, but then... Seohyun hesitated that they need to see her dad. Mrs. Seo had no choice but to do what her daughter wants to... after all, she knows that her daughter's in deep pain right now, losing the match that she's been training for, is already a lot to take in. Because of the bad weather, it's almost impossible to see the road... and before Mrs. Seo could have shifted her phase, Seohyun saw a boy walking and is sure to be hit by their car. 

 

 

Seohyun screamed as her mother tried her best not to hit pass by him, but it was too late, Mrs. Seo knew that she hit something. She stopped the car, trying her best to try not to slip because of the wet road. Seohyun went off the car to check the boy, he was a mile away from them, he stumbled on the ground wincing in pain. Seohyun tried to help him up, but he was too heavy for her. She kept on calling her mom, but little did she knew that... A van lost its breaks, the van was swaying sideways as it approached their car. Mrs. Seo was about to open the door of her car to get out but then again... The last thing Seohyun saw was a big fire when the Van crashed her moms car. 

 

 

She passed out holding the boy's hand. It's only minutes when people rescued them and bought them imiddiately to the nearest hospital. The hospital where Seohyun's dad was also brought. Seohyun and the boy was rescued, but her mom and the driver of the van didn't made it, they were both dead on arrival.The news reached Mr. Seo in a blink of an eye. He rushed to her daughter's room even though he wasn't feeling well yet. He was crying while holding her daughter's hands... She opened her eyes carefully and saw her dad wiping his tears away. 

 

 

"Dad, I had the strangest dream..." She said while smiling at him. Mr. Seo tried his best to smile, but then as he did tears started to flow out. 

 

 

"Dad... It's just a dream. and oh! I still have a match to win, I better get ready now" Seohyun sit up straight and realized that she's in a hospital room. Tears started to build up as she remembered what happened... 

 

 

"Dad... is mom coming home for my match?" Her voice started shaking as she looked at her dad. 

 

 

"S-she won't come back dear... I'm sorry" 

 

 

"why? I thought you won't be filing a divorce anymore, I thought we'll be all together again, dad I don't understand... Dad... why are you doing this? why are you lying to me?" There were non stop tears running down her cheeks. Mr. Seo just stood up and gave her a hug. Seohyun started hitting mr. seo's chest as she cried even more. 

 

 

She's crying a lot, no one can talk to her, and sometimes she won't even eat her food. There we're news about her in the internet, her bashers kept on bashing her through social media sites. Kai forced her to go to school, and he did... But then again, he didn't knew what would happen. Seohyun was massed bullied by a lot of people, blaming her because of the match they lost about her, she was kicked off the baseball varsity team, teachers started treating her like bull. No one wanted to be paired up with her anymore because of what happened to the game to their family... Everyones treating her like a bad luck. 

 

 

And in the end... when she had enough of it... she pushed away the only person who's been there for her all along. She pushed away Jongin from her life, the people around her got her believing that everyone and everything she loves will definitely turn into something bad, like their game, the team, her dad... and lastly her mom. She ran away from Kai, because she didn't want to see him be hurt next because of her. She knows that Kai's the only thing left for her to hold onto... but she just decided to let him go, because that's what she do... Protect him, and if being away from him means that he'll be okay... she'll do it. 

 

 

 

On the contrary, Mr Seo’s still downstairs discussing such matters with Luhan. Oh boy… You are so dead.


 

Oh gosh, I never wrote anything this... this... I was in tears writing this chapter... 

TT^TT I hope You felt the same thing I did <3