Chapter 16: Goodness Gracious

Falling for a Misfit

Seohyun’s PoV.

 

 

The newscasters and reporter surrounded me, asking me what I felt after the surprise. I told them with pure honesty that I loved it. I smiled a lot in front of the camera’s and others even took my autograph. I even felt like I belonged to the showbiz world because of this, everything was so fun and giddy… but then breaking news flashed the whole field.

 

 

My boyfriend who’s just talking with kai a moment ago was already caught up in a car crash. I didn’t know what to do, dad drove me to the scene where I saw men taking Luhan out of his crashed car. I shouted his name twice, I saw him flicker. I ran towards him… Tears brimmed out from my eyes, blood’s been drenching out of his body. I couldn’t help but to take his hand

 

 

“stay with me” I whispered in his ear when he was placed inside the ambulance, I was with him. They gave him oxygen and checked his vital signs. I looked at his leg, some bones were crushed and his ligaments were torn apart. I gave him shallow kisses in his forehead and his hand.

 

 

“stay with me please, Luhan…. I can’t lose you… please” I felt like I was in those bloody K-dramas’s… but what I feel inside of me was so subtle and weird, It’s something I felt before…

 

 

Flashbacks flashed inside of my head… this had happened before… not to him but to the boy… Like Luhan, the boy whom I’ve helped had the same incident with a car but a different scenario… I felt Luhan’s grip on my hands was sliding away. I held his hand firmly and kissed it once again. I was praying so hard. I’m not doing this for a freaking publicity, I’m still his girlfriend fake or not and I should be here for him especially right now that he really needs me.

 

 

“You need to stay with me honey

 

 

When we arrived at the hospital, our ways parted, he was brought immediately to the operation room while I went to the front desk. Dad already fixed everything, and all the details needed. When I got there a woman in her mid forties was standing with tears jerking out from her eyes. She stopped at the moment when she saw me standing in there.

 

 

Luhan got her eyes and height and I’m pretty sure that it’s her mom. She immediately went after me and gave me a big hug and cried in my shoulders. I tapped her back twice and returned the hug. We cried on each other’s shoulders for a while. We went to the cafeteria to grab some snacks, though I’m pretty messed up with all the blood stains in my sleeves.

 

 

“ I was just watching luhan’s surprise for you in KBS2… then the next thing I knew, my son was caught uo in a accident…” She was starring at the pavements as she was talking to me.

 

 

“This happened before… Once I almost lost my Luhan… If it wasn’t for that little girl who motivated him he could have died… I couldn’t thank her enough of what she did” I don’t know what to response, I just kept on chewing my burger… well it’s the only proper looking food from the menu, so… yeah

 

 

“Yoona.” The moment I dropped her name, she scoffed… in a jerky way. Oh I could sense her dislike to Yoona… well I think we could get along

 

 

“Everyone thinks that it was her… and worse, my son believed her too, when the truth is, she’s just using him right from the start. She’s not the girl who helped him, she made my son fall for her…. But when she entered the showbiz where billions are, she broke up with him… and its because she knows he wont come in handy anymore” Woah, hold it right there… am I really talking to a mother? She almost sounded like a teenage girl.

 

 

“then… who is she?” I swallowed a bite and drank my milk tea. She smiled weakly as she took my hand

 

 

“You’ll know soon dear. You’ll know soon” We waited for a couple of hours before the operation is over. We went to his room immediately, he’s still not coming back to his senses. He was just lying in the white sheets with his eyes closed… He almost seemingly looked like an angel that fell from the ground. He’s almost a fantasy…

 

 

“Your dad texted me Seohyun, I might go down first…. Why don’t you stay here for a bit” I just nodded when she left. So… It’s just you and me huh?

 

 

I sat beside him and put my arm above his head. He’s still cute no matter what happens. I scrutinized his face all over and over again… he has a pinkish lips, well… wth, his lips should be pale. Sometimes I wonder how my first kiss would go… should I give it a try right now? Ahahah I’m just messing with my brain.

 

 

Aigoo luhan, after that accident you still look the same, cute and everything…. That’s why I lo—That’s why I’m so attached to you. My heart skipped a bit when he moved a little. I was about to stand up when he took my hand and hugged it. He’s like a 7 year old boy…

 

 

“No need to hold me, cause I’m not going anywhere, I’ll stay with you all through the night, till tomorrow even if you won’t wake up for a week I’ll stay with you… alright?” Her mom came back with a bag, she told me that it was my clothes… Oh dad. He knows that I won’t leave him here. I cleaned myself in the toilet in luhan’s room at the hospital and changed clothes.

 

 

“You’re really something… No wonder he chose you” I almost choked… does she know something? Oh my god.

 

 

“Y-you know?” Sh nodded with a bright smile on her face

 

 

“He’s my son of course I’d know… don’t worry he’ll fall for you soon… all you have to do is wait, and that Yoona girl, he won’t get her back… I can feel it in my veins you know” Luhan told her? OH MY FREAAAAKIN GOD

 

 

“D-ddid he told you?” gosh, I wish I could stop stuttering

 

 

“Nope… I just can feel it, It’s called mother’s instincts, one day if Luhan scores a Homerun to you and you had twins and you’ll name them Xiupau and Lin Mei you’ll know their every move” My jaw dropped… Oh my god. Homerun. Me. And Luhan….. BABIES? What the heck… WHAT THE HECCKKK, I’m a senior highschool student now’s not the time to talk about that. Oh my god

 

 

“Hey, I said one day, not now ahahaha, you really are something…” I just laughed… an awkward one. >W<

 

 

“o-okay..”

 

 

“From this day forth you’ll be calling me Mommy alright?”

 

 

“o-okay… Mommy” It’s somehow weird and at the same time overwhelming… the last time I called someone mommy was when before the accident happened… I just miss my mom

 

 

“why the long face?”

 

 

“I just remembered something… aha ha… lets sleep. Mommy” The couch was a little bigger than expected, cause this room’s a VVIP one, they pay hundreds of thousands so we could use this accommodation.

 

 

I slept beside her, I can feel her breaths, when she began to hum… Tears were slowly rolling down my cheeks… I really miss my mom.

 

 

“I’m right here dear… and don’t worry, Luhan won’t hurt you” I smiled as she hugged me. There’s something in her hug that makes me want to drift away from the past and just let go to face the present… the unstoppable now

 

 

***

 

 

I fell asleep last night to Mommy’s hums… When I woke up she’s all dressed up already, I think she’s going out to buy some fruits for luhan since the food in here isn’t that reliable, they don’t look edible, and they taste like junk. SERYOUSLY

 

 

I took a quick bath too and come with her. We just walked from the hospital to the market nearby and I guess our lucks were too high, the fruits delivered were all fresh. Mommy brought one basket full of assorte fruits, I volunteered to bring the basket, and she didn’t hesitate to not give me the basket. We made our ways back, she told me a lot of stuffs when Luhan was younger, how he’d cry all night if he’s not in his favourite pajamas

 

 

“Miss Xi” One of the nurses called, she turned to her while I remained walking.

 

 

“Someone’s inside your son’s room, she’s a friend… that’s what she addressed herself when she came here few minutes ago” I pressed the button to open the elevator. I took a quick glimpse and saw that mommy was already walking towards me. Her face seemed annoyed; I wonder whose luhan’s visitor is.

 

 

“I’d definitely sue this hospital for allowing trespassers. Oh my god.” She’s infuriated. I wonder why… We stopped in front of Luhan’s door, we heard a loud voice inside, I quickly opene it and Holy other of crappiness, what is she doing in here? How could she…. Oh I forgot that I shouldn’t be thinking like this, after all Luhan and I are doing this for the sake of Yoona’s feelings to come back again, for them to reunite once again… for his happy ending…

 

 

I placed the basket in the table immediately, Mommy’s really mad at her, she shouted at her… which I think is somehow still inappropriate… I made my way out of the room to give Luhan and Mommy privacy… I think they should discuss matters, regarding… Me and her

 

 

I was walking along the hallways of the hospital. It’s so peaceful in here… Just then, my migraine happened! Oh gosh, why do you need to be so often, can’t you just leave me all alone? Tsk. I saw yoona sulking in one corner, I can hear her sobs in between my migraines… Is she really crying or is it just my brain’s really malfunctioning?

 

 

“are you okay?” I managed to say despite of the pain creeping inside of my brain.

 

 

“Y-yeah, I was just… uh, about to leave… see you next time seohyun, and do me a favour, take care pf my EX BOYFRIEND, he still means the world to me” excuse me? Did she just indicate the word ex boyfriend? Oh how dearly pathetic, you’re over… but then again, isn’t this the reason why I’m here? Even if it hurts like hell…

 

 

“Of course… though there’s one thing I’d like to know.” I said with shaking hands…  god my head!

 

 

“what is it?”

 

 

“Do you still love him? Cause you cared about him as if you’re his girlfriend… and if not, I’d be more glad to know that… Luhan and I we’re in peace, but then you came along and ruined this thing we build together. So if you still feel the same thing for MY BOYFRIEND, tell me now, so that I can compromise.” I’m no longer aware of what I’m saying my minds been jagged up by pain so right now…. My heart speaks for me.

 

 

“I’m not in the position to answer that Seohyun, so if you’ll excuse me” Something inside me rose up, I don’t know if its anger or what, I just felt that something’s abut to erupt… She walked passed by me as my migraines worsen… I’m losing my grip…

 

 

I stumbled across the floor and the next thing I knew was… darkness, plain dull darkness…

 

 

***

 

 

I woke up in a room, it’s no biggie, I’ve been here several times, Mr. Hans was always been my doctor… and we do share this little secret, not even dad knows… well Kai does cause he’s a little fox.

 

 

“You’re no longer drinking you medicine don’t you?” I’ve had this trauma ever since the accident… that’s why he’s making me drink medications that tastes worst than expired kimchi.

 

 

“It’s getting a little obvious… I don’t want dad to know” I said biting my lip, he just nodded and wrote down things. He’s a family friend, she’s actually my mother’s bestfriend… that’s why she swore to my mom’s graveyard that he would do anything for me… and so he did

 

 

“It’s alright… but you do remember our terms right” I smiled weakly as I sat up. He replied with a warm smile as a little tear went down from his eyes, He managed to wipe it away, but I still saw it.

 

 

“Of course I do… don’t worry I’m using it wisely… so I’ll catch up with you next time, I need to get back to my boyfriend” he opened the door for me. I went back to Luhan like what I’ve said, but mommy wasn’t here… just Luhan and me again

 

 

But this time, his angelic face was covered with anger… okay what did I do now?

 

 

“what the hell did you do to her?” I was taken aback, what is he talking about? I didn’t do anything to her, I just asked and she refused to answer… I don’t see anything wrong in there.

 

 

“I did not do anything to her.”

 

 

“Then why was she crying, I opened the news and they reported that she was seen few minutes when you were gone… she was crying for petes sake!” Oh… so now you put the blame to me? Couldn’t it be because of mommy not wanting her to be with you?

 

 

“It’s not my fault, I’m not the one who shouted at her” I said as calm as possible

 

 

“Don’t you bring up my mother in here! I know what you did seohyun! You brainwashed my mother, you told her things you told her about our deal… I thought you’re different, but you’re just like the others using me!” Then it struck me, I felt like my heart was being crumpled like a paper.

 

 

“really? So you want us to end this now? Huh? Tell me, cause I’m sick of pretending for someone who doesn’t even care about what I feel.” Tears started creeping out of my eyes… It hurts, it hurts so damn well. I can’t believe that after all this time I still don’t have his trust.

 

 

“That’s not what I meant I was just—“

 

 

“Let’s just end this thing, I’m breaking up with you and don’t argue… I’m so wasted.” I went out from his room and slammed the door, the nurses and the other patients that were roaming around looked at me. There were tears in my eyes as I ran to the wellness garden at the left wing of the hospital.

 

 

Why do I keep forgetting that… I don’t have the right to complain, cause the things between us stays outside only… cause it’s just all a pretend. Nothing more…

 

 

“What’s with this day… you girls kept on crying” h=I heard a familiar voice, he’s also the one in the music room who interrupted me.

 

 

“Oh hey it’s you” I wiped my tears away.

 

 

“Here… wipe your own tears, if people see’s me wiping yours they’d definitely make rumors” I chuckled a bit as I took his handkerchief.

 

 

“Thanks” I muttered.

 

 

“He’s a jerk… I can’t believe he did that… Aunt Mei already scolded him when we went there right after you left” I just nodded my head and place a small smile in my face. Not all people deserve to see me crying… Him for an instance, he’s like a mushroom, appearing out of nowhere as always.

 

 

“I know… and yet, I still… love him” why is it so hard to say that I love him in front of all the people who needs to see us as a couple? Maybe it’s because I actually don’t feel that way… maybe this was just anger inside of me… or maybe it’s just somewhere in between.

 

 

“are you sure? Cause if not, there are a lot of people wanting to be with you… you’re not a misfit like what you think… cause you belong with—“ He stopped for a moment, he looked down instead. I turned sideways and saw my dad.

 

 

“d-dad… you’re here” I said as cheerful as I could pretend.

 

 

“I’m the one who should ask you that… why are you here, with him… aren’t you supposed to be with Luhan?” I quickly stood up and kissed my dads cheek. And ran back to luhan’s room, even if it’s not my will…

 

 

“I looked back when I was already halfway away from them. Dad was talking to him… well… what were that for, we’re just friends, and he’s definitely not one of my boyfriends… okay that was awkward.

 

 

“seohyun, we need to talk” Sht. It’s Luhan, I told him not to bother me anymore. What the hell is he doing here… BEHIND ME

 

 

“we’re not talking”

 

 

“but we already are… come on just give me 5 minutes” I rolled my eyes and looked at him, he’s in his crutches. We walked to the elevator and he pressed the rooftop. I’m literally counting in here. When we reached the rooftop, he threw his crutches away and held me tightly

 

 

“what the heck.” I muttered, He’s heavy!

 

 

“If you move, or if you leave me, or if you dare try to… I’d fall...” gosh so that’s why he took away his crutches.. he knows I can’t leave him in this state

 

 

“NOW WHAT, the clock’s ticking…. 1 minute left” I said in annoyance, he smiled… HE SMILED AS IF HE DIDN’T SHOUTED AT ME EARLIER

 

 

“Don’t break up with me baby…” There was seduction in his voice. He moved his face slowly to mines, I jerked back and sht. He almost lost balance when I did that.

 

 

“what the fudge! XI LUHAN!” I said like a raging ahjumma

 

 

“I know you can’t break up with me… you’re my baby, and you know that…”because of what I did few seconds ago, his face was now buried in my neck, and his lips were brushing in my neck. Oh god!

 

 

“what the heck is your problem, we are so owww!” We immediately fell into the ground, his hand was at the back of my head, that’s why I didn’t bumped my head… though… there’s this… Oh my gosh! He’s on top of me, and no, our lips are not touching yet, there’s one inch away… SO IM SAFE. He smiled sweetly that turned into a smirk.

 

 

I can’t move, and his cast was so heavy TT^TT

 

 

“You’re still breaking up with me?” I was stuck in his gaze… THIS IS BAD. I’m trapped

 

 

“Y-yes..” I swallowed a cold lump in my throat… oh god why do I feel so giddy all of a sudden… he slowly moved my head…

 

 

“How about now…” Our lips were just centimetres apart and I could smell his breath, cool and minty…

 

 

“Are you still breaking up with me Seobaby” my heart skipped a beat… Xi Luhan you are so….

 

 

The elevator door flew wide open as someone came, luhan and were both startled… and as the result, our lips, instantly met… It was just for seconds but I felt this tingling feeling inside of me, oh my gosh … This is such an embarrassment

 

 

“Goodness gracious! You guys! Get a room!! My innocent eyes! Deym burning!!! Oh god!!”  

 

 

 

 


I enjoyed writing this chapter, how about you guys? did you enjoyed reading this? 

 

OMO SEOBABY's FIRST KISS <3