Chapter 29: The Bitter Truth

Falling for a Misfit

*Third Person’s PoV*

 

Mr. Seo left the girls for work at the Dining Hall, after eating, they all winded up outside their garden. Tiffany decided they’d be practicing pitching the ball, it’s been a while since seohyun got into practice, and like EXO they have regionals to catch up with, and with the regional baseball tournament coming, they decided to add Yoona in the picture, not knowing of course her true condition.

 

“So you really can’t remember us? Like… really really?” Tiffany said in disbelief, seohyun gathered up the force to smile as she was… again, trying to tell them that she can’t really recall anything other than her marriage with Kris.

 

“woaaaah, you mean… you really have forgotten everything that happened before that? Man, that is tough!” Sunny uttered and pitched the ball back to Sooyoung.

 

“Are you sure that you have amnesia? You seem okay” Yoona said while looking at the others who seemed to may have agreed. 

 

“Okay girls, that’s enough…Can we enjoy the pool first before we get back to practice? I heard from the maids that the water’s well treated” Hyoyeon suggested that gained attention from everyone, and without further ado, they took off their shirts only revealing their inner clothes.

 

“Are you guys insane? The water is freezing! You’ll get cramps” Yoona screamed, but when she did Yuri found her way to push her into the pool.

 

“WATER FIGHT!!!!” Sunny and Sooyoung screamed, and despite of the cold water and winter cold breeze, they still found their way to play around and enjoy. Then all of a sudden, Yoona’s manager entered the picture, and killed the fun. It appears that Yoona needs to back at the studio to have her interview with a reporter regarding her quitting the showbiz world for a bit. After that the others decided to get out of the water and go home.

 

On the contrary, seohyun went back to her room but as she did, she ached for her migraine that was attacking her since the girls had arrived. She just decided not to tell them and to not kill the fun they were having. She collapsed in her bed screaming in pain. She reached her phone and pressed her speed dial one, which appears to be Kai. She doesn’t need anyone in particular, she just need someone who knows about her condition all too well. Within minutes, her door went open and Kai stood there with a paper bag on his hand with medicine inside. He immediately helped her up and let her take in some medicines.

 

The colors in her face were all flushed out, but that didn’t stopped her from smiling and thanked Kai for coming despite what has happened for the past week.

 

“You can always fool them, but not me… You’re really stubborn aren’t you?”

 

“I had no choice… besides… isn’t it the original plan?”

 

“Then that’s bullcrap Seo Joohyun, if You love him then go tell him, and I suggest that you stop this freaking pretension at once, its no good no anybody, not you, not me, and most especially not Luhan. You’ve seen his face when he realized you cant remember him, You saw how hurt he was. He needs you right now”

 

“But—“

 

“No buts Seohyun, this needs to end, I’m telling them that—“

 

“Jongin no, im begging you, you didn’t know how this week has turned me, I WAS DYING, I WAS STRUGGLING FOR THIS WHOLE WEEK, and I thought something might have changed, but no… it only made matter worse… I AM STILL DYING KIM JONGIN. And for that matter… for the first time, I was afraid of dying… I am afraid of losing Luhan, loosing you… but knowing that now, now that I have one thing that would work, that’s the only thing I’m holding into right now, that’s all I have” Tears started b out her eyes as she looked at him

 

“I-I don’t understand, I-I can’t understand Seohyun…” Kai went down to his knees as if his legs weren’t able to sustain his weight

 

“You don’t have to, I just need you to trust me… trust me on this Kai…”

 

*KRIS’ PoV*

 

“Are we just staying here until Kai gets out of her house?” Tao said as we were looking from the inside of my car

 

“that would be the plan...” I looked back to seohyuns window, just like the old times.

 

“So she’s dying… “ Tao muttered, I clenched my fist as I was holding the steering wheel. I hate to admit it but she really is dying… in a matter of days. But before that, let’s get back to that day our flight was said to be missing.

 

It’s only been 30 minutes since take off when Seohyun had an attack, and this time it’s not just a typical migraine, We had to get back to land and send her to the nearest hospital. Basically speaking, we never really left South Korea, and she was at the hospital for the whole week, actually it’s just 6 days, but it’s still a week, and so moving forward. She told me not to tell her dad… and with the help of my mother’s authority, she made it look like our flight was missing for it never went back to Paris, as for the hospital security, I just had to pay everyone who saw her in there to keep their silence for her stay.

 

She’s confined for the next 5 days until a decision has to be made… she’s becoming worse, she’s had more migraines, and more agonizing ones.

 

“What’s it going to be Kris, her brain tumors been malignant… and I’m afraid it can only result to two things, She can be treated, you still have chemo therapy as an option or the operation, but seeing how the tumors been well spread out in her… there’s a slight chance that she’d survive the operation.”

 

“what’s the other one?” I had to be tough, and so is she, If I let her see that I’m slowly crashing too… then there’s no one she’s be able to hold unto.

 

“Let her live, 5 days maximum.”

 

“There has to be something else, she’ she just can’t die—“

 

“That would be all Mr. Wu… I suggest you take this conversation to her, I need the decision by tomorrow, or I’ll be calling her dad”

 

“But Dr. Han, it’s Seohyun” Dr. Han dismissed me and I went back to Seohyuns room. She was sitting in her bed while looking outside.

 

“How many days? 3? 4? Tell me… that’s what he told you right?” She said without turning her gaze to me, I went to her and sat beside her. I moved closer to her and rested my head on her shoulder. She took my hand and interlocked it with hers.

 

“It’s okay… we’re both afraid…” She said, I held it up and kissed her hand. Why is this so hard?

 

“I’ll probably see your dad and my mom… and we’ll surely be talking about you, how you’ve become such grown man, and a reliable co-captain… I’ll tell your dad how you looked a lot like him when I get to talk to them… I’ll still watch your games from up above the clouds, I’ll tell the other angels to cheer up on you once I get there” Tears started to brim up her eyes. This time I didn’t wiped it off, I want her to cry… cry her heart out. After all it’s all she can do. I know seohyun, and she must have been talking to Mr. Han about this beforehand.

 

“Yah, Wu Yifan… do me a favor and fall in love with someone else… and I want you to love her how you loved me… and you know what… she’ll be the luckiest girl because You will love her” I remained silent as she was speaking…

 

“and one more thing… I’d probably donate my heart to the girl confined to the next room… She’ll be dying soon too… though our only difference is, someone can donate her a heart… no one can donate their brain to me, haha, you get the joke?” I smiled a bit and stood up, I help her get up too.

 

“where are we going?” She asked.

 

“Let’s see who’s lucky enough to get that heart of yours” I was still holding her hand as we stumble to the next room. We knocked first before entering, but as we did, a familiar face was there. She was looking pale as she saw us both.

 

“why are you here?” Both Yoona and Seohyun said. I was caught up in the middle…

 

“So much for a show huh? You made everyone believe that your plane was missing when you’re just here… with him” she bitterly said to seohyun

 

“wow. Talk of gratitude… woah.. you just don’t know who you’re talking to huh? You’re talking to the person who’s going to make your life longer” I said in disbelief, seohyun remained silent this time.

 

“Tss… don’t be silly, she’s not donating her heart unless of course she’s—dying… do they know? Does luhan know? Kai? Exo? SNSD? Your dad?” Her expression changed, and so did Seohyun’s

 

“They don’t have to, j-just do me a favor and… act like you know nothing about all of this… I-I’d highly appreciate it” Seohyun went back to her room, and I followed after. She locked herself up in the bathroom, but I can still hear her sobs, and the most painful thing is, you know that you can’t do anything to ease up the pain.

 

The following day marks EXO’s football tournament, and apparently, the day Seohyun was dismissed out of the hospital. She nagged about how she wanted to see EXO again, she was so excited about it… but when she saw Sehun back at the restaurant… she became speechless… then she later revealed that she just can’t do it…

 

She just can’t bring it up to them… she just can’t imagine their faces when she brings up the topic of her dying…

 

“ Kai left, are you still going to see her?” Tao said

 

“Let’s just give her some space… she needs it right now”

 

“ Alright…”

 

*Third Person PoV*

 

*at the hospital*

 

“Luhan, the invitation for the Senior’s Night is out, I’m fetching your suit by tomorrow” Luhan’s mom said.

 

“I’m not going… I’m on a wheelchair mom.”

 

“and so? You’re going whether you like it or not, plus that suit it really expensive”

 

“Okay mom, okay…”

 



and with that we are down to the final chapter, yes the final chapter 

and I want to thank you beforehand, for reading and appreciating this peice of crappiness that I made. 

Get ready for the twist and turns that will be happening in the next chapter and dont hate me 

haha T^T but for the meantime... YOU, YES YOU THE ONE READING THIS... if you want to be 

part of the upcoming special chapters (I'LL be making up to 5 special chapters because I 

love you guuys) 

Comment the following: 

Name: ( It can be any name, it will serve as the name of your OC) 

attitude: ( it can be anything, name it haha) 

 

*and that feeling when you're randomly surfing tumblr and saw this... fandom please! hahahahahah and this is our 

Jongdae trying to be smexy~ hahahaha*

okay hahahaha, Let me just spazz for Call me baby once again... i just hope they're still OT12 T^T aigoo... 

That would be all for today and~ to infinity and beyooond! 

 

MTH