Chapter 17: Unwell...

Falling for a Misfit

Seohyun’s POV

 

 

I flinch as I felt Luhan’s lips to mines. He elevated his head quite a bit and smiled awkwardly at me… he must have guessed that It’s actually my first kiss in the lips. OH MY GOD! And he just took it like that! Oh my god! I pushed him with all my strength, he winced as he flew off me.

 

 

“WHAT THE F DID I JUST SAW??” goodness gracious it wasn’t kai, it’s just chanyeol with beakhyun behind him, they were both astonished as they looked at us. Holy mother of crappiness, never have I ever felt so embarrassed all my life!

 

 

“We were just uh—“

 

 

“Making out? Geez, you should have warned us Luhan, tsk tsk… don’t worry you continue with your business, we wont look right yeol?” chanyeol nodded as they walked near us. Luhan bursts into laughter.

 

 

“No we’re not! Tell them the truth you impeccable scumbag!!” he was just laughing so hard. WHAT’s FUNNY?! He took my first kiss!

 

 

“DO you really want me to tell them the truth baby? Well then… She’s trying to break up with me” loneliness changed his voice, beakhyun and chanyeol stood still as they looked at me irritably…. Ok so now I’m the bad one? When all this time luhan’s been so wickedly bizarre towards me and always had been toying with my feelings? And now I look like im the bad guy

“why’d you want to break up with him? Is there something that he did?” chanyeol stuttered. I can’t believed this! They’re actually—argh! It’s so unfair

 

 

“Yes… and my decisions final…. We’re over… we’re so done Xi Luhan, and this time I mean it, don’t come following me anymore, I’m so tired of you” playing with my feelings, I’m only human I hurt too.

 

 

“O-okay then.” I saw him winced once again as I went up to my feet. I looked at them solemnly one by one as I went to the lift. The doors closed and all of them were in awe as I left. The moment when I got to the floor where luhan’s room is, I saw the other exo members. I think they already knew, none of them approached me as I walked pass by to get my things and leave.

 

 

Dad was at the lobby on the ground floor, there’s something in his face telling me that he also knew what happened… he just nodded his head and took the bag in my hands. We walked out of the hospital with people scrutinizing me, some were even throwing negative comments.

 

 

SO this is what its like to break up with Luhan…. People throwing hate chains on you… is this what Yoona felt when she broke up with him? There was never an us, I guess… cause right from the start all of this is nothing but treason and pretension… but why do I feel so… guilty?

 

 

The feeling of misfit kept creeping in once again… that feeling of regret was towering high up above me right now… and it feels so wrong… especially right now

 

 

I called kai right after we got home, and he came over in less than minutes… It happened that he was actually going to our house, cause he didn’t went to the hospital to go see Luhan…. Maybe it’s because of what had happened yesterday. He brushed his hair in my cheeks as he hugged me tightly.

 

 

“so how’s my favourite girl?” He said in a mellow voice. He’s still had his arms wrapped around me. I smile with my crimson lips….

 

 

“to be honest, I don’t know what’s happening to me right now Jongin, I felt weird things…” Especially when Luhan’s lips touched my lips….

 

 

Kai unclasped from the hug, I heard him sighed as he threw himself into my bed. His eyes were closed and he placed his hands at the back of his neck.

 

 

“I see…” He said quietly. I sat beside him and starred at his exhausted face…. I don’t deserve Kai, he’s too precious to be broken… most particularly by me

 

 

“I… I don’t know what’s been playing inside my head for the past days… I mean ever since he left, I felt like there’s something incomplete about me at the end of the day” I was in pain seeing how he reacted… and I know it’s so unfair in his part, cause he’s my actual boyfriend and yet we can’t always hold our hands in public, we can’t do things normal couple does.... he wont be able to do things that luhan did to me… cause in the eye of the public, he’s just my best friend

 

 

“It’s my fault… if I didn’t pushed you so hard to do this, then you wouldn’t have been caught up in this situation… and it cause I’m a jerk” He bit his lip hard that I almost saw that the muscles in his lips got strained.

 

 

“no ones to blame… it’s just me…” He sit straight up and hugged me once again. I felt hot tears streaming down his face as he buried it in my neck. I hugged him tightly as tears started to build up in my eyes…

 

 

“I’m so afraid to lose you seohyun… I told you this before, I can compromise…. Just don’t end things between us, I don’t care if your falling for him now, just don’t leave me… You know how much you mean to me…” This is wrong… being with kai, makes him hurt even more. I bit my lip hard as I felt his body flinched.

 

 

“Kai…” No voice came after I said his name, as if even myself couldn’t say those magic words to end things… between us…. He’s right I’m caught up in this situation and he;s not right to blame it to himself, its me this whole time…  

 

 

“I’m willing to see you fall for someone, just let me be your back up… cause I swear to god, there is nothing in this world that I’d ever want more besides you… so please, don’t take this only chance of mine to be… happy for a while…” a small smile escaped my lips… oh kai, what will I do without you—amf! M-my head!

 

 

“se-seohyun what’s happening? W-where’s your medicine” He quickly unclasped from the hug and wnet to my drawer under my bed… I kept a small drawer underneath my bed, I don’t want dad to know about my little condition.

 

 

“Here, Ill get you water” he went downstairs and ran back to my room, My head was aching like hell, I felt something inside me twisting as my legs cramps, even my vision doubled. He helped me drink my medicine, to be honest its been a while since I last drank one of these… cause what’s the use? The pain will just come back.

 

 

“Better?” I nodded as I smiled weakly. He kissed my forehead and bid his goodbye, I know that it’s urgent, their coach was calling him, I bet they’re going to make changes since I think luhan won’t be able to play football for a while, because of what had happened.

 

 

I was all alone in my room again. I looked into my ceiling…. I decided to take a stroll around the house… I grew up in here…. I used to run around this house while mom’s trying to catch me… cause when I was young, I was so afraid to go take a bath… and I can’t believe that within 2 weeks I’ll be living this all behind, to start a new one…

 

 

It to be me… cause there are things that me myself can hardly understand, things why a Misfit like me… is one.

 

 

Third Person’s PoV.

 

 

Seohyun fell asleep in the couch at their living room, her dad saw her and didn’t bothered to wake her up. On the other hand, Luhan’s still at the hospital. His doctors haven’t dismissed him yet. He winced as he was eavesdropping in his mother’s conversation with his doctor.

 

 

He pitied himself as he looked at his cast… he slammed himself into his bed hard as he pressed his eyes firmly. Tears started streaming down. He bit his lip hard trying to not make any sudden sound of him crying. He thought that maybe this is his Karma… for not accepting what happened…

 

 

“Your son might not be able to play football again.”

 

 

“His fracture from his first accident haven’t seemed to be alright all along, and because of what happened to him yesterday… things got worse”

 

 

“I advise you to restrict your son from playing any gruesome, and dwelling sports from now on…”

 

 

The voice of the doctor echoed inside his brain for a little while. He’s sobs were getting louder and louder as he bit his lip harder. Football has always been there for him ever since he was young… taking away that sport from him is like taking away half the portion of his life.

 

 

Just as then… he heard the same voice that encouraged him…

 

 

“You need to stay with me….”

 

 

“Y-yoona…”

 

 

“your false hope always gives you strength…” Her mother was standing there, he was to emotional to even recognized that his mother’s already inside his room. She sat beside him and helped him sit up.

 

 

 “why are you so against the girl I love mom? When she’s the mere reason why im still alive” His mom winced

 

 

“It’s because you never loved her… it wasn’t her you love Luhan, you’re just blinded by the fact that she was there when the real person who saved you wasn’t…. yes, she’s the one who called the ambulance, but no… she wasn’t the girl who gave you strength and encouraged you, she isn’t the girl who made you stay” Luhan was taken aback, he never knew that his mothers hatred for yoona would go this far.

 

 

“You’re just saying that.” He said bitterly as he looked away

 

 

“I’m saying the truth because I’m so tired of seeing my only son aacting so pathetic towards some girl… so tell me, if it wasn’t yoona who came n that room, if it was any other kid, if it was any other girl… would you still fall for that person? Cause if that is… let me tell you dear, it’s not love, it’s just called gratitude.”

 

 

“You still don’t understand. Mom, I love her… can’t you see—“ He was cut off

 

 

“Of course I can clearly see that you have been completely blinded by her. All this time… the person whom you’d been hurting…. Is the girl—You know what… I’m also tired of arguing with you, cause in the end of the day, you’d still choose her” her mom went out of the room, luhan’s the only one left inside his dark room. He flinched as he remembered everything again…

 

 

He wondered for a little while… If it was another girl… would he fall for her too? Is it really love he felt for Yoona? Or is his mother right, that it’s just a plain gratitude towards her… but the one question that’s been bothering him since his mom left is…

 

 

Whose voice does it really belongs? Who’s the girl behind of all this mystery…

 

 

“Yoon… hyun… yoon… hyun… yoon—“

 

 

 

“S-seoHyun

 


 

 

What do you think will happen next? OMOO this is so fun to write <3

and it alread surpassed my first finished story "Summer Train" 

so please upvote for those who haven't upvoted yet :)) thanks