Chapter 7: Yoona's Side Story

Falling for a Misfit

There was complete darkness as she lost consciousness. Everyone else was startled; Jongin and Luhan appeared out of nowhere. Kai immediately bought her to the infirmary, he was carrying her in his arms. He’s gone mad, running ruthlessly. Everyone in the hall gives way for him.

 

 

 

 

 

In the other hand, the class was dismissed early. Yoona’s still in awe shock, she’s the one who threw the ball at Seohyun, she didn’t expected that that would happen to her, she felt guilty even if no one’s blaming her cause she’s a freakin’ celebrity. Luhan went up to her in an instance. She grimaced... so how do you approach your ex? *uh... awkward*

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened here?” Luhan asked sincerely, Yoona winced as she looked at him. After 3 years of not talking to her, here he is... In front of her, not even asking how she’s been these past years.

 

 

 

 

 

“We were just having a small game, then she passed out” She said, she swallowed a cold lump in as she looked at Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

“oh... okay then” He sighed as he turned his back

 

 

 

 

 

“Luhan wait—“ Luhan smiled, but quickly diverted his emotion from the outside. He turned back, biting his lip. Yoona came closer to her...

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Is she your friend?” Yoona isn’t much confident of what Luhan will say to her. Luhan smiled at her and ruffled her hair just like the old times, she scowled as she tapped his hands away from her.

 

 

 

 

 

“See you later, going to check if she’s okay” Luhan chuckled as he left her. Yoona couldn’t help but kick a pebble. She watched Luhan ran away from her... again. They haven’t talked for 3 years and this is the first time that she talked to him again. Let’s go back few years back then...

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona and Luhan started as long distance best friends, they met each other during Luhan’s vacation in Korea when he’s younger and after that they always kept in touch, they don’t go to the same school when they were in middle school. And when they both reached the freshmen year in high school, they both transferred to Jeongsin. Yoona got in by joining the baseball team as a varsity scholar. She’s been an orphan ever since she’s 10, that’s why she’s always relying on scholarships and sponsors, on the other hand Luhan’s the only son of one of the richest men in China but then when his parents divorced he was given to the custody of her mother and later on moved to South Korea and studied there.

 

 

 

 

 

Right from the start, Yoona already knew that Luhan feels something for her, though she’s afraid to admit that she also like him because she thinks she might lose focus on her baseball career. Luhan didn’t give up, he did everything. He was even featured in magazine because of the undeniably sweet things he kept giving her, from the roses to the surprises. Everything, name it and he did. It didn’t take much time when she said yes... and that was the happiest thing that ever happened in that year.

 

 

 

 

 

Just as then, A talent scout saw Yoona the potential of being a great celebrity, she has the beauty and everything... at first Yoona didn’t grab the opportunity, but the talent scout wanted her so badly, Her scout adopted her without her knowledge of it and the moment she knew, she was fuming mad, she said that she’s doing fine in the orphanage that she need not a family, or more like bunch of producers just using her.

 

 

 

 

 

In the end she lost, she didn’t have the choice. Her manager, the one who scouted her spreads false news, that Yoona finally agreed to their request, that she’s finally part of the showbiz world. But that’s not the truth, she never wanted the spotlight, she never wanted that attention, she’s doing fine at the orphanage, she has luhan and her baseball team. Yoona thinks everything was perfect until she entered the Showbiz world, a place wherein lies, treachery and a whole lot of dramas are.

 

 

 

 

 

She told Luhan what happened, but he didn’t seem to understand her condition, he tried to listen but it didn’t sink in. He ran away, he never turned back. That night, Yoona cried a river, she didn’t knew that she was followed by a paparazzi. As fast as a lightning, there were news and pictures of her and Luhan together, most of them are Luhan shouting and her crying. Luhan had negative comments, he had a lot of basher that made their relationship more complicated.

 

 

 

 

 

“break up with him” Her manager demanded. She was in all tears, she won’t do that, he’s the only thing she has right now. Her manager cut all her connection through the outside world, well luhan’s the only exemption and now she also wants yoona to break up with him/

 

 

 

 

 

‘Make me” She said as tough as she can, her voice was raspy because of the endless crying she had last night.

 

 

 

 

 

“Your career is at stake here Yoona. You don’t know how hard it is to enter this industry and you just can’t play the tough girl, people wont buy it! They like the teen yoona, always smiling, living in a world of sunshine! You’re not a drama queen yet, you should be stable at one thing first and that is, to be the yoona that everyone loves! Not the attention seeker yoona, broken hearted wanting to make amends with her so called puppy love!” She pressed her eyes hard as tears started to run down again.

 

 

 

“give me your phone.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoona i said give me your damn phone!” her lips ware trembling as she reached for her phone inside her pocket. She placed it on the table as she looked at her manager.

 

 

 

 

 

“Now I want you to call him, break up with him now Yoona.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t make me repeat everything I’m saying twice! God damnit! You’re old enough to understand what I want you to do, I didn’t adopted you for nothing” She dialled Luhan’s number, she started having heart palpitations as she was calling. She promised herself that one day, things will change, and no one can ever separate them again.

 

 

 

 

 

“Luhan..” She said carefully, her manager’s piercing her with her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“H-hey Yoona, good thing you called... I missed you so much baby, can we talk? L-lets fix things, I know we can work it out...I swear, I’ll be less jealous, and I won’t mind your fans” Luhan’s also crying at the other line, she feels like her heart’s been being broken into pieces as he was talking.

 

 

 

 

 

“Break up with him” Her manager hissed.

 

 

 

 

 

“Luhan... it’s over, I’m sorry” She ended the call and finally handed the phone to her manager. She went back to her room and opened her laptop. She scoffed as she saw the latest news, It said that it was official, that Luhan and Her are already finished... and it also said that it was confirmed by her manager. It was unbelievable, one moment, she demanded to have a break up, and now she confirmed that they’re already finished as a couple.

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona’s still looking at Luhan’s back. She let out a bitter scoff, she must admit that... she’s pretty much jealous of Seohyun, not just seohyun... any other girl that Luhan made contact with today.

 

 

 

 

 

“I came back for you, I just hope that I’m not too late...” Yoona went to the locker room to change her clothes and to get her things.

 

 

 

 

 

Her phone beeped three times and her manager’s name popped up. She ruffled her hair,till it’s messy enough.

 

 

 

 

 

“How could she possibly know my every move?” she said bitterly. Apparently, someone told her manager that Luhan and she talked with each other. It’s not that she isn’t allowed to, but she isn’t allowed to enter a relationship with him again, not after her contract with the singer/songwriter/actor Lee seungi. 1 week ago, she signed a contract that she will be dating him for a month.

 

 

 

 

 

Plus its not good for her... You know showbiz.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun’s Point of View

 

 

 

My head hurts, It hurts so much, is if my head was placed in a nutcracker or something. I woke up and it’s all white.... I hate this place, it’s almost like the hospital... creepy and white

 

 

 

 

 

“You ok now. I was about to call your dad” I sit up quickly, good thing Jongin’s here at least he could assist me somehow, and he knows things, so it’s better if its him.

 

 

 

 

 

Plus, if it’s anyone else, they would probably call my dad, and when they do, dad will be sooooo over reacting, exaggerating things to the next level, and then he’d bring me to the hospital and trust me... The hospital isn’t the best place you can ever be. It’s like entering a house of lies, they tell you weird things which you tend to believe afterwards.

 

 

 

 

 

“don’t call him, you know what he’ll do Jongin” He just flashed a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“I know... let me get us something to eat, I’ll be back, alright?” he stood up and pressed his lips on my forehead lightly. Im getting more used to his forehead kisses... okay, just to inform you.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been minutes since he left when Luhan entered the infirmary with a tray of food in his hands. He was even singing Apinks Nonono, and it’s really... cute? I guess. He placed the tray on the table near my bed. And he’s smiling widely

 

 

 

 

 

“what’s with the smile?” I managed to say

 

 

 

 

 

“Nothing, It’s just that... Yoona talked to me, that’s why i brought you lunch” tss... I thought he was concerned that i stumbled almost lifelessly on the ground but no, he brought me food because he’s happy that his crush/ex-girlfriend talked to him. Tsss bunch of hypocrites.

 

 

 

 

 

“You don’t have to, Kai’s already at the cafeteria to get us food, go along now, shooo~” I said it with matching hand gestures.

 

 

 

 

 

“Really? So what’s the score between you two... I’ve heard that you had this ‘interesting’ past together... Was he your boyfriend, and now he’s trying to get you back?” gosh I didn’t know he’s also into gossips!

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s my bestfriend, now shut up and leave me alone~”

 

 

 

 

 

“does best friends kiss each other? You know, I’m getting a little suspicious in here... are you not telling me anything? I thought I’m im your friend...” He pouted his lips... oh god cuteness overload! Wait a minute! He’s there when Jongin kissed me?! Holy cow!

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, you’re my friend... and no he didn’t kissed me, It was all your dirty imagination Luhaaan”

 

 

 

 

 

“well then... do I get a kiss from you too?” he walked closer... and leaned to me... I moved backwards till I reach the wall... oh god... NOOOO

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey this ones different! He’s the one who kissed me, I’m not the one who kissed him okay” I heard him chuckle, my eyes were already closed.

 

 

 

 

 

“ See I told you, he kissed you... so is he your boyfriend?” why is he even interrogating me? Seriously!!

 

 

 

 

 

“No he’s not I told you Luhan, he’s not my boyfriend, were just friends okay? Stop it, it’s not funny” I can smell his scent, he smells the same, like his sweater. Gosh... I can feel my heart beating faster.

 

 

 

 

 

“Can I kiss you...”

 

 

 

 

 

“what? No of course not, You like yoona, not me” my voice sounded like a dying whale...

 

 

 

 

 

“then I like you... Seohyun” a.moment.of.silence. oh gosh... Ommoooo omooo! I can’t feel my heart.

 

 

 

 

 

“and I’m going to kiss you now” I felt him moved closer. My eyes were still closed when our nose bumped each other. Is it really like this? The feeling when you’re in the middle of having your first real kiss?

 

 

 

 

 

Just as then... he moved back... what the heck? Am I disappointed?

 

 

 

 

 

“Kidding!! Ahahahah, see you around Seohyun, gotta go”

 

 

 

 

 

Great... just....Great