Chapter 5: Sweater Weather

Falling for a Misfit

Kai ate dinner with Seohyun and Mr. Seo. He stayed at their house for a bit, talking to Seohyun. Though she really doesn’t know why Kai would want to date her. For her it’s still a silly little game so she just agreed in exchange for her secret. They’re at the veranda, star gazing like they used to when they were younger.

 

 

“You don’t know how hard it was, Seohyun... 3 years of not seeing you, that’s like mind wrecking, there’s no day that I haven’t thought of you... and so, I promised myself that when you get back... Nothing can ever come between us.” Kai placed his hand to hers as he planted a kiss on her forehead. She was flabbergasted, her hugs are limited and her kisses are not for sale. She just smiled; Kai ruffled her hair as he bid his goodbye.

 

 

She went back to their house... and of course, her dad’s waiting for some gossips.

 

 

“How was it? Is he your boyfriend now? Should I call the press? You know if you’re jealous of Yoona, Right now I can make you famous” Seohyun’s brow twitched, just hearing her name makes her feel uneasy.

 

 

“No need dad, I do want the spotlight like she does... and by the ways... thanks for inviting Kai over” She hugged her dad in a playful manner. Her dad chuckled.

 

 

“Do you like him? If you want I can make arrangements with his mom.” Seohyun can’t believe how her dad has become this outrageous. Most dad doesn’t tolerate this, but hers... it’s like the total opposite. What’s with you Mr. Seo... always pushing seohyun to such things...

 

 

 

“eww no, that’s like , he’s almost my brother dad... Why don’t you sleep, cause I’ll be sleeping, and when I sleep you don’t have anyone to pester anymore” Seohyun left her dad and headed up to her room. She took a quick bath and changed into her sleeping clothes. There’s something’s that she couldn’t explain...

 

 

First, her sudden jealousy, second, her assurance that Luhan would come over and apologize for his absence and third, Kai asking her to date him for a month... And besides if he wants to date her for just a month, why not make it longer? Seohyun rolled over and over her bed till she hit the floor. She flinched as she went to her study table and opened her laptop.

 

 

She’s doesn’t exactly know what she’ll be searching for, but then there’s something really ticking her off. Yoona and of course, her ex boyfriend from Exo, Her hands were sweating as she began typing.

 

Im Yoona and EXO member Boyfriend

 

 

There were thousands of results. There were even pictures with some of the members. Just as then, she hears stones being threw at her window. She quickly closed her laptop and looked down. She saw Luhan standing in there. Seohyun was taken aback, she opened her window slowly.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” She hissed, Luhan just shrugged, she went down as fast as she can, maybe the reason Luhan didn’t bothered to knock downstairs because the lights were all closed, and most probably her dad’s already sleeping.

 

She sneaked out quietly, Luhan was waiting for her outside... patiently

 

 

“why are you here in the middle of the night? It’s already late, and how do you know that its my window?”

 

 

“whoa! One questions at a time alright?” He chuckled as he ruffled her hair.

 

“alright... why are you here?” Luhan smiled goofily as he took her hand and dragged her to his car more like his car when he turns 19

 

 

“Where are you bringing me? W-what do you really want??” she started panicking from the inside, luhan can’t help but smile at her innocence. Luhan drove downtown, they stopped in front of a cafe.

 

 

“What are we doing here?” Seohyun’s starting get pissed off, she keeps on talking but all Luhan did was smile, and smile the whole time. Seohyun looked down to her feet. She then realized that...

 

 

She’s just wearing a night gown. She shrieked as she tried to cover herself.

 

 

“why?” he asked, he furrowed his brows... and bingo! He noticed her problem. He took off his sweater and handed it to her.

 

 

“what do you expect me to do with this?”

 

 

“wear it, unless you want to get out of my car only wearing a thin clothing”

 

 

“okay, okay! Don’t look! close your eyes and no peeping.” Luhan did what she told him to. She wore Luhan’s over-sized sweater for her. It reached halfway across her legs, barely covering the lower lacy part of the night gown. She sighed exasperatedly, how can she actually forget to dress decently? Maybe the fact that she’s been waiting for luhan the whole time made her so excited to see him.

 

“There better.” She muttered. They both went off the red sports car, Luhan initiated and took her hand. She felt electricity ran down her spine. She just flashed a smile as she took it back. They walked in to the Cafe. Seohyun sat on a chair near the counter while Luhan orders

 

 

There’s no one else inside the cafe, Just her, Luhan and of course the staff. She kept on looking around. She actually like the furnish of the cafe and it’s intricate designs on its walls, truth be told that she haven’t went to a place like this even when she was younger. She also noticed the sign at the door.

 

 

“No way!” She exclaimed, gathering all of the attention of the ones inside the cafe. She stuttered.

 

 

“T-the sign says its already close”

 

 

“Oh you noticed? That’s because it is Seohyun” She’s even more surprised of the one who spoke. Xiumin’s here too.

 

 

“Luhan?” She snapped at Luhan who can’t smile at her innocence.

 

 

“What? Don’t look at me like that, I just want a place where I can talk to you and It just happens that Xiu’s dad owns a cafe... so...” she felt giddiness when Luhan mentioned that they will be having a talk. It’s really unusual for her to feel things like this. I mean it’s so rare for her to feel giddiness towards a guy and for the record they just met... TODAY, so it’s actually bizarre and weird.

 

 

“Oh... a-alright then” They went to the cafe’s veranda. It’s really cold, she can feel the cold breeze crawling under her skin. She shivered as she sat on a hanging chair, Luhan was smiling as he was looking at his phone again.

 

 

“why?” seohyun asked, just trying to kill the utterly disturbing silence.

 

 

“Nothing, It’s kai... he tweeted something, he said that he’s really happy, and oh here comes another one... he says “ She’s back and I’ll do anything for her to stay with Me.”” She felt a cold lump on . She almost forgot her deal with the dare devil, her very best friend...

 

 

“So what are we going to talk about? Cause I’ll be dead if dad knew this”

 

 

“Well... It’s about, Yoona” Shoot! Her expression changed as she twitched. She looked at luhan with bitterness... Oh boy, what about Yoona then? She didn’t say anything, she let him finish. She felt something inside her twisting. She can’t actually believe what’s he’s asking for.

 

 

After a longer period of silence, she opened .

 

 

“and what makes you think that I’ll do what you’re asking for?” She raised her brow as she scoffed at him.

 

 

“Please... Just for a Month, come on Seohyun I know you’re not that bad... please, You’re my only hope” He said, almost begging. Seohyun breathes out exhaustedly. She ruffled her hair as she looked at Luhan who’s been walking back and forth. She let out a tiny scream.

 

 

“Gosh! Why did I ever come with you!! You’re so—Arghh! Okay fine, one month and after that it’s over arraso?!” Luhan smiled... a big wide smile as he came across her and lift her up on the chair. He walked backwards and turned 3 times while seohyun was in her arms.

 

 

“hey stop it! Stop it” She started laughing as she felt Luhan’s chin on her belly.

 

 

“I’m so thankful that I have you! Come on now, I’ll drive you home” Luhan dropped her slowly and they both took their milk tea’s. Xiumin was no longer there, he already went home, maybe because he’s bored.

 

Luhan drove her home. Seohyun’s still wearing his sweater which smells much like him. She sniffed the sweater once, she felt her cheeks heated. She wrote something at a post-it paper that says “Don’t Drink” and pasted it on the cover of her milk tea. She knows she won’t be able to drink it now because for sure she won’t be able to sleep.

 

 

She hurried back to her room and locked it. She took of Luhan’s sweater and folded it properly. She placed it on a box-sort-of material under her bed. Just as then, her phone beeped. She lazily took it and bam! A message’s in there.

 



            From:*Insert Kai’s Phone number In here puhlease*
            To:*insert Seobaby’s num here*
 
                        Hey, It’s me Jongin, save my number and sleep now ayt? I don’t want to see you stressed tomorrow. Night night Joohyun... Love U

 



She just smiled as she looked at the message. How can Kai possibly get her phone number... Clue *seo’s dadddeeh*

 

                                   

She jumped to her bed and placed the phone at the top of her chest. She closed her eyes as she remembered everything that happened today.


 

I just miss updating, My laptop was confiscated TT^TT anyways, It's worth the confiscation ahahha, I learned thing about my ancestors... and guess whaaaat

 

I'm a spanish-chinese Descent... Emergheed ahahahah