Chapter 24: Her Sake

Falling for a Misfit

*Third Person’s PoV*

 

A month earlier

 

 

Kris was looking at her window again, like he used to do whenever he has free time. He’s okay with this setup… silently looking at her from her room, while she was playing her piano every 3 pm in the afternoon. He may already seem like a stalker but he didn’t care…

 

 

He was pushed away by Mr. Seo several times, right from the start; Mr. Seo never got the urge to like him for his daughter. If it weren’t for his late wife’s wish… he could have done everything in his power to call off the wedding. Only Kris can lift up their marriage.

 

 

“You love her that much don’t you?” Tao was sitting beside him. Kris let off a deep sigh and looked at Tao. He’s his best friend… the one who witnessed all of his efforts and hard works

 

 

“why don’t you just go to her, you’re such a scared cat” Kris just ruffled his hair and went inside his car. It was a moment before Tao went in too and started the engine. The days continued and he would still watch her from afar…

 

 

And then a miracle happened… it was all of a sudden that seohyun went out of their house for the first time in three years… and so that day forth he promised himself that he’d make his move to her… that he’ll no longer hide the fact that they were engaged since they were little… that he’d live up to his promise and marry her…

 

 

 

Even if he knew that… someday, she’d be gone in the wind too… yet, he didn’t care about the odds he may face in loving her…

 

 

Though… destiny… seemed a bit too harsh for him… the moment when he had the courage to speak with her at lunch, she was too upset over luhan. And trust me, no guy who likes someone likes the thought of them thinking about someone else too…

 

 

“You’re fighting a losing battle Kris” Tao muttered as they were watching Luhan and Seohyun from the Café that Xiu’s family owns… by just looking at them, Tao already felt moved… because of their simple gestures towards each other. He’s his best friend and he didn’t want to burst anyone’s bubbles but it seemed way too obvious that it ought to be.

 

 

“shut up. I’m not losing to anyone…”

 

 

“oh really? Then can you explain that? And what we saw the other day with her and Kai… she’s such a b—“ kris gritted her teeth and took Tao by his collar.

 

 

“She’s not like that and you know it! People are just using her!”

 

 

then stop sulking in one corner and protect her. If you really love her then why don’t you step out there and get her. Geez, that’s your problem dude!”

 

 

Kris’ observations… have gone too far, too far for him to notice that he’d been hurting himself little by little… though little did he mind. All he cared about was her smiles… laughs, and well being… and that… little by little, his secret was slowly drifting to others.

 

 

“You should know better Kris… we both know that Luhan and Kai’s already fighting over her, I can’t let you go in their fight… You’re my co-captain and I can’t digest the thought that you’d also lose yourself like that.” Kris clenched his fist as suho left the locker room. The rage between Kai and Luhan had been spilling at their practices… it was as if both of them would go kill each other if given the chance…

 

 

And Kris… wanted to fight for her too… but certainties are holding him back… guess he was too scared for her own good. He didn’t want to cause another commotion for her, he thinks that her condition is already enough to handle… he just wanted to be someone who’s best for her… even if it means sacrificing his owns happiness…

 

 

*Kris’ Point of View*

 

I’ve held back long enough… but seeing how things turned out to be? I was ready to give her up… but when I saw how she was in the hands of those two dimwits… I wanted to take her with me and bring her to another world where no one, not even anything can hurt her.

 

 

I’m tired of watching from the sidelines, I’m tired of watching her cry every single time… I want to cherish her more than anyone else could. You could say that I’m crazy about her, insane it may seem but I love her and I’ll do everything it takes…

 

 

“You can’t marry him, please say you wont” I was walking at the hallways when Luhan’s voice echoed… I can’t help but let out a sigh. Up to now… I’m not sure of how he feels for her, if he’s just using her still to get her back… but even so, I can’t grasp the fact, I mean, it’s way too obvious that Yoona wants him back…

 

 

“Luhan” as I walked closer to her room, I heard Mr. Seo’s voice too and his footsteps towards him. In a short moment I saw both of them walking out from her room down to the stairs. I took a deep breath before I entered her room.

 

 

she was looking at the windows, watching the leaves falling from the tree… She took a deep breath before she faced me with a timid smile on her face. Is she really okay with our marriage?

 

 

“are you just going to stand there?” she said in a monotone voice… I knew that I wasn’t the one she seeks and yet here I am showing in front of her. I’m such a douche, she didn’t like me and yet I’m pushing myself to her.

 

 

It’s just that sometimes when people fall in love… they tend to do the stupidest s in their lives… but hey? Is it wrong to even wish her happiness with me? I swear that I’m god damned much better than Luhan and Kai combined. They only made her cry, leave her when she needed them most… Toyed with her feelings when she’s all new to all of these things…

 

But most of all, I’m one jerk myself… cause all this time I can see her and yet… I didn’t do anything… and so, this time… I’m doing my all for the sake of the woman I love.

 

 

*Third Person’s PoV*

 

 

Mr. Seo and Luhan was already taking rounds at the park… for some odd reasons they were just walking… but not talking… Luhan took a deep breath before he said something.

 

 

“Uhm… sir, Uhm”

 

 

“I have nothing to explain… especially to you Luhan, I-I hope you… understand that”

 

 

“uh… yeah…”

 

 

“You were so little when I last saw you” Luhan was taken aback when he heard him say that…

 

 

“I beg your pardon.” Mr. Seo cleared his throat… for he wasn’t meant to say something like that, as per condition with Luhan’s mother.

 

 

“I think it would be better if you ask your mom yourself.” Mr. Seo left him there dumbfounded… then all of a sudden, a tough strike in… ‘what if we’re actually siblings’

 

 

“No it can’t be.” He started running to take a cab home. There were endless thoughts came crashing in… and he didn’t liked any of it. As for Mr. Seo… that was a close call… he could have spilled everything and make things more complicated for their children.

 

 

For now… what’s more important is Seohyun’s state

 



Please bear with me as I'm struggling in this... <3