Love 5

Surreptitiously love

Kris wipe his wet hair with a towel while pajama hugs his. He quickly went to pick ringing phone. His lips form a smile when he sees the ID.

“Hello, mummy...” He sits on his bed and tosses away the towel.

“Hey, Kris...How are you?” Wu Nana, Kris’s mother asks his son.

“Great...How about you mummy? Can you bear with cold weather there? I think it already winter season there. Mum...Did you must...” Kris can’t continue say it.

“Be at London...Take care of your father? Mummy know, you want ask that. Mummy also want ask you. You don’t want come here? Visit appa? Did you worried about appa? Yes...He survive from surgerybut he still not completely heal yet. Everyday he ask about you, Kris. Mummy know appa miss you, son.” Kris can detect crack in his mummy voice.

He don’t know why everytime issue about his appa his must want to ignore it. No feeling in his heart when his appa become a topic.

“Pity? How can I have a pity to the man that never have pity in his heart before this? Mum, it not easy to make me forget what appa had done to you, mummy. Maybe mummy can forgive appa but I...can’t! Because of the man I almost lost you, mummy. You have a bad mental breakdown...Everyday you are crying. I see it! I see you suffer everyday! All because of appa! He flirt with other woman that call as a daughter! But I can patient because he marry the woman legally. I know mummy sad when appa get a new partner. But I can’ accept that mummy just look them.” He pause before continue burst his heart out.

“But when he began forget his responsibility to us...He rarely sleep at home. He never care you, mummy. What? He thinks he can buy anything with money? And now, he sick. Where his beloved young wife? Never! Now wife that he hates before caring about him. Such a gold-digger! What? Appa think after he divorces the woman, I will forgive him? No mum...Not so easy I can forgive appa. I hate him as well as I hate the woman! And not just them I hate, I also hate all the gold-digger out there!” He pants after he talks what he wants.

Nana can’t hold her tears anymore. Slow sobs become a loud in a time. Kris panics.  

“M-Mum...Why? Did I say something bad to you, mum? Mum...Please doesn’t cry. I’m sorry. I don’t want see you cry again. I will do anything to make mum stop cry. Please mummy...”

“Kris...”

Kris that loss in his own world focus back to his mummy on the other line.

“Kris...Mummy also don’t want cry anymore. But mummy so sad. Because you still can’t accept your appa back. Mummy so lucky has a son like you. Mummy knows how deep you love to mummy. And mummy also loves you. But at the same time mummy also love my husband. Yes...He makes a mistake to mummy and you, Kris. But now he regrets his entire do to us. He never stop say he regret...as mummy at here. Sorry never leave his lips. As a human, we not a perfect. Mummy can’t prevent you to hate the woman. For mummy it is useless to keep grudge. But appa is your own flesh blood. Don’t hate appa, son. If you really don’t want see mummy sad please forgive appa. Mummy hopes you can forgive appa. You are not kid anymore, you’re already 25 years old.”

Kris just shut his mouth. No sign that he want reply his mother back.

“Kris, mummy need to go now. We will back when appa health in good condition. And mummy hope Kris can accept appa back at the time. Hope we can be happy like before. Mummy will call again later. Mummy loves you. Bye.”

“Love you too.” Kris also ends his call.

He stare at the phone in his hand. His appa fierce images come in his mind.

______________________________________________________

Short update...

Kris past...