One Morning

The President's Daughter

Chapter 1:

 

Sumin's POV

 

"Ugghh... Life isn't fair anymore!" I threw my pillow at the wall in frustration.

In seconds, I heard a knock on the door as I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Come in..." I said bluntly.

"Miss?" I stood up into on sitting position on my bed.

"Yes?" It was my assisstant. Private assisstant actually.... She doesn't want people to know that she works for me. My father hired her to take care of me while he's busy doing president duties.

"I heard ruckus from your room. Are you okay?" She asked me in the softest and most gentl way possible. She's more of an Unnie to me then an assisstant.

I nodded slowly and brightly smiled at her.

She nodded back and called me over to have breakfast with her.

I agreed, of course, maybe becuase I had nothing else to do in this big, boring house. I brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, put BB creme and some light press powder on, and changed into a sophisticated day dress. Mostly what I do every morning.... I walked out of my room and into the hallways.

I greeted the security guards that guarded the halls and they greeted my back politely. I knew all of the security guards, they were somehow nice to me, but they weren't true friends. I greeted each and every security guard that I passed. "Good Morning!"

"Good Morning Miss. Did you sleep well?" One of them said.

"Good Morning Miss. You look quite beautiful today." The other would say.

"Good Morning Miss. Have a lovely day." Said by another.

I hated how all of their greeting started with the exact same sentence, "Good Morning Miss." It reminded me that they aren't my friends and are only nice to me because I am the President's daughter and the fact that they work for my father. It annoyed me very much.

Once I arrived at the dining table at where Soojin Unnie, my assisstant, was at, I sat down beside her. She handed me a plate with red bean paste filled pancakes and rice cakes. Before I began eating, I thanked the chef in kitchen for making the food.

"Thank you for making my breakfast. I will eat well." I smiled brightly at the chef.

"You are welcome Miss" He smiled back and continued wiping the marble counter.

I sat back down with Soojin Unni and began eating my pancakes.

When I was almost finished with my breakfast, Soojin Unni suddenly spoke up.

"Your brother called Miss...." She looked down at her food while saying it.

The only thing that I hated the most in my "President's Daughter" life was that, no matter how close I am to someone, they would always think I am higher than them because of my father. One of the things that I seriously wanted to get rid of, was the fact that Soojin Unnie called me "Miss" instead of my actual name.

"Unnie...." I sighed in disappointment and set my untensils down on the plate "How many time do I have to tell you.... My name is Sumin.... not MISS!"

"Yes, that is true.... Your name is Sumin... BUT you are also CHOI Sumin... the daughter of the President of Korea."

I became fed up by all this "President's Daughter, President's Daughter, President's Daughter" craziness.

"Unni!" I heard my voice rise, but also with a hint of disappointment. But then, instead of forcing her to quit calling me "Miss", I was too frustrated to do it today so I just wanted to hear what she was going to say.

"What about my brother..." I looked back down to my plate.

I heard her hesitate to answer, but she answered anyways.

"Your brother is coming to visit."

My heart fluttered in happiness as she said that. Minhyuk Oppa hasn't visited for a whole 6 months. Mostly because he's been busy and that he is far away. Oppa doesn't hate the Blue House like I do, but he still doesn't want to live here. But even though he doesn't like staying, he promised me to visit often to see father and I.

"When is he coming?"

"Next week."

That's still a while from now, but at least he's coming. I should get him something to welcome him back. I thanked Unnie for having breakfast with me and I ran back to my room to get my purse, then off to store to get something for Oppa.

The first floor of the Blue House was full of tourists. It was so crowded, everyone of those people would probably be touching skin with each other just to get through.

I reached the outdoor portion of the Blue House but forgot to bring my sunglasses. CRAP!

I had to run back upstairs and grab them from my vanity in my room. I tried rushing through the crowd, but it was way too crammed. I hid my face so that no one would recognize me. After about 5 minutes of being squished and getting ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE, I decieded to push through.
"Excuse me! Excuse me! Sorry...." I could see the staircase that led upstairs in a distance. THANK GOODNESS. I tried walking faster but before I reached the staircase, I felt my body being pushed from the sides. My shoulders and legs started losing control and next thing I knew, I was on the floor....

 

I whined in pain. I tried getting up but I felt like people would trip over me if I made the wrong move so I stayed in my position until the crowd died down. When I found the right time to get up, I found a shadow in front of me.

"Excuse me... Are you okay?"