Explanations

The President's Daughter

Chapter 16:

 

 

Sumin's POV

 

 

It's been one week since the day Baro and I went to Lotte World and we haven't seen each other ever since. Fortunately, he has been texting and calling frequently. Lately, he has been trying to search for a job and a low-priced apartmentfor himself. Whenever he is not busy searching, he would call or text me. Usually, he calls during breakfast and before I go to sleep. But he texts me as much as he can.

 

 

*Breakfast*

 

"So what are you eating?" He asked on the phone as I walked into the dining room.

"Ummm.... it looks like I'm having egg noodle soup and egg rolls today..." I replied as I sat down in front of my breakfast.

"Yumm..."

"So how is job-searching going?"

"Not bad. I got a full time job on weekdays at a day care center."

"Oh my gosh! JINJJA~! I love kids! I wanna come!"

"My first day was yesterday. I watch the kids."

"How many hours do you work?"

"From 11am to 6pm." He responded.

"Well thats good! Congratulations Baro! KYAAA~!"

He chuckled.

"Well, I have to go to work now. I'll talk to once I get off work okay?"

"Arasso! Annyeong~!"

"Annyeong!"

Call ended.

 

After breakfast I thanked the chef for the meal and walked back to my room. I used my time by catching up with my favorite dramas. I layed in my bed, watching episodes until I my phone rang. I read the bold letters of the caller ID.

 

Han SangHee.

 

My eyes widened and I instantly answered the phone.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

"Choi Sumin?"

"Neh? SangHee-ssi..."

"Sumin-ahhhh, I told you to drop the formalities. We're only about a year apart."

"Okay, okay. SangHee.."

"Good, Good!" She giggled happily, "Are you busy today? I just got off of work. Do you want to spend some time together? You know... get to know each other better?"

"Uhh, let me check." I checked the time 2:00pm, "No, I'm not busy. Where do you want to meet?"

"Great! There's an ice cream bar about 3 blocks on the left of the hospital we met at."

"What's the name of the ice cream bar?"

"Ice Kiss"

(Ice Kiss is actually a real name of an ice cream shop. The thing I am not sure of is that if the shop really exists in Korea. I actually found the shop in KoreaTown, Los Angeles. So... yea)

"What time?"

"3:00 would be fine."

"Alright! See you there! Annyeong!"

"Annyeong."

 

Call ended.

 

Well, looks like I'm going out again today. It looked warm outside, so I changed into clothes for warmer weather.

 

Sumin's (Your) outfit today!

 

Once I was ready to go, I checked the clock, 2:15. I walked out of my room and closed the door behind me. Before I even let go of the handle, Soojin Unnie came up to me.

"Ah... Sumin-ssi. Are you going somewhere?" She asked.

"Mhmm!" I nodded, "I made a new friend and she invited me to go have ice cream with her."

"Good! It's been a while since you've been interacting with other people. What's her name?"

"SangHee. Han SangHee."

"Does she know that you're the President's Daughter?"

I shook my head.

"Not yet."

Soojin Unnie nodded and I told her where I was going.

"Be sure to be back before 10:30! If not, just call me or your brother."

"Sure!" I paused before walking off, "Where is Minhyuk Oppa and Krystal Unnie anyways?"

"They're looking for houses in Seoul. Krystal suggested to live nearby, so they are searching right now."

I nodded and thank Soojin Unnie. Then I left to meet with SangHee.

 

*Ice Kiss*

 

I hopped out of the car and closed the door behind me as I made my way into the ice cream bar.

"Miss!" I got interrupted by my driver.

"Neh?"

"Won't you need your sunglasses, Miss?"

I waved my hands in front of me.

"Aniyo... This place doesn't seem too crowded."

The driver nodded and I continued walking back into the ice cream bar.

I saw SangHee sitting in the corner, eating a banana split. I sat down with her after I bought myself a Dweji Bar.

A Dweji Bar is  chocolate crunch on the outside, vanilla ice cream and strawberry jam on the inside.

 

"Annyeong..." I waved at her as I sat down and she waved back.

"Mmmm!"  She tried gulping down the food in before talking.

"So, how's it been? How are you?" She smiled softly and ate tiny bites of her banana split.

"It's been good." I took bites of my ice cream.

"So I called you hear because I needed to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"I'm sure that you heard Baro and I's conversation in the hospital."

*How did she know?!*

"Oh... Umm..."

"I know you heard it... There was some screaming and yelling going on in there." She giggled softly.

"I just wanted to explain everything to you."

I nodded slowly, letting her go on.

"My father arranged a marriage between me and Baro. It wasn't something I wanted at first, but when I met up with him and got to know him better, I started supporting the marriage more and more. But Baro didn't. He opposed it. He wanted to find someone he really liked. Someone he would choose himself. Baro told my father that he wouldn't marry me. His family supported and helped him escape. They moved away from us and he didn't show up until I met him again at the hospital. There are more details, but that's the general explaination."

I nodded and thought to myself.

"Don't worry, Sumin. I don't really have feelings for him anymore. They sort of disappeared. I'm also here because I wanted to help Baro."

"With what?"

"He likes someone."

"Who?" *WHO WAS THIS PERSON*

"You really don't know? It's pretty obvious..." She chuckled.

"No! Who is it?!"

"Sumin.... It's you..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Boring Chapter... I'm sorry guys... Jungmal Mianhaeyo! *Sulking*

WELL!!! GUESS WHAT TODAY ISSSSS!!!!

SAENGILCHUKHAHABNIDA! SAENGILCHUKHAHABNIDA! SARANGHANEUN MINAH UNNIE! SAENGILCHUKHAHABNIDA!

Today is my Idol, my role model, Bang Minah's Birthday! KYAAAAA!!!

 

I am also writing a new AFF. More details will be revealed later on^^

 

New Subcribers:

Shoutout because I love new subbies! And because you are amazing! >.<

 

baekiebaconie