Dumplings and Destiny

The President's Daughter

Chapter 8:

 

 

Sumin's POV

 

A few days have passed since my birthday and Baro and I have only gotten closer and closer. It's almost time for the two weeks to be up. Baro must be leaving soon, but I want to make the last few days memorable for the both of us. Since he has been my bestest friend ever since I moved here, I think he deserves better than just a few normal days. We've watched movies, explored the Blue House gardens, and even told stories to each other in these few days after my birthday. I would hate for him to leave... but I guess he was just temporary happiness.

 

I woke up to the sound of knocking.... Soojin Unnie... as usual.

"Miss... time to wake up now."

I nodded and she left without another word.

 

After I got ready, I dusted off my day dress and made a lazy bun out of my hair. I didn't feel like braided or curling it, but I also didn't want the hair in my face. I exited my room and walked down the hallways and to the dining room. Baro was the only person eating. Once I entered through the doors, he stood up and smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Where is everybody?" I asked

"Minhyuk Hyung and Krystal Noona are going to be exploring the city today, so they left early and had breakfast elsewhere."

He pulled out my chair and seated my next to him.

"I see..." I nodded, beginning to chomp on my kimchi fried rice.

 

After a few minutes, I was finished eating my food.

"So what do you want to do today?"

"I don't know...." He shrugged.

"Do you want to....." I tried thinking of what to do today until I got an idea, "Oooh!"

I raised my index finger up in the air and jogged towards the kitchen.

"Stay there!" I told him as I rushed.

 

In the kitchen, the chef and his assisstants were cleaning.

"Chef Han!" I jogged up to him as he was wiping the edges of the stove.

"Oh! Miss!" He stopped what he was doing and turned to me.

I bowed slightly and he bowed back.

"Is there something I can help you with, Miss?"

"Yes! I was wondering if you can help Baro and I cook something."

He looked at bit perplexed with a  Now-why-would-you-want-to-do-that face.

"Uuhhh...."

"All you need to do is tell us what to do and prevent us from making destruction." I smiled brightly, trying to cinvince him.

"But, I don't think I am aloud to give orders to you, Miss."

"You are not. I am giving you orders..." *That makes sense....*

He nodded and thought about for a few seconds until he finally agreed.

"What do you want to make, Miss?"

"Ummm..." I thought for a bit, "Umm... Mandu!" (Dumplings...)

Mandu (Dumplings)

"Mandu? Jinjjayo? What kind?"

"Whatever is the more delicious!"

Chef Han nodded and smiled and I ran back to Baro.

 

I pulled him out of his seat.

"What'd you do?" He asked, curiously.

"I found out what we are going to do today!"

"And that is...."

"You'll see...." I copied from what he said on my birthday

"Ha Ha..." Baro laughed sarcastically, "Tch, I say it better."

I made an awkward look at him and started dragging him harshly into the kitchen, causing him to yelp.

 

 

*Cooking*

 

Baro and I were in charge of making the stuffing for the dumplings. Baro was in charge of cutting mea and vegetables while I organize and mix them into a bowl. Chef Han was in charge of making the Dumpling skins.

"Mix, mix, mix, mix, mix~!" I sang as I mixed the ingerdients.

Baro chuckled, "Yah, stop singing, you're distracting me."

"Psh, my singing is wonderful. What are you talking about!"

 

We continued working. After another hour, we were finished organizing and making the ingerdients. Chef Han taught us how to properly shape the dumplings and the exact amount we should fill the dumplings with. Once all of the dumplings were filled, Chef Han deep fried the dumplings, because he said that it is much better when they are deep fried. The cooking time took only 30 minutes to cook all of them. Then they were done!

There were about 50 dumplings in total.

Each of us tried one.

"Waaaahhh~ Mashisuhyo!" I commmented.

 

 (Mashisuh is spelled by how it sounds like, I'm doubtful that I spelled it as it is romanized in Hangu. But Mashisuh means: It's Delicious, formally. To make it informal, remove 'yo' from the end)

 

"Wah! Daebak!" Baro also commented.

"Wah~ Miss, Baro-ssi, well done on cooking today! Very delicious!" Chef Han complimented us.

"Kamsahabnida!" Baro and I responded in sync.

 

WIth the rest of the dumplings, I saved 10 for the kitchen crew, 20 for us, and the rest would be shared to the security guards and Blue House staff.

Baro and I jogged around the Blue House, carrying a basket of dumplings, sharing it with the security guards. We recieved many smiling faces from many of the security guards. We spent an hour until there we no more left. When I looked at the time...
3:00 pm

 

Baro and I took a break and sat down on the bench in the backyard.

"Wow... today was tiring...." I chuckled.

"Mhmm....This was new."

"When are you moving out, Baro?" It hurt me to ask, but I can't go on with just waiting for him to walk out the door.

He paused, and glanced into my eyes, but looked away.

"Soon...." He quietly responded.

"How soon?"

"Just a few more days." He looked down, not making eye contact with me.

We had a long, silent pause.

"Lets-" I started, feeling a heavy weight on my chest, "Lets... spend those days together...."

He looked at me, I noticed that w=he had a feeling of disappointment as well.

And he nodded.

"Yeah, let's do that..."

I rested my head on his shoulder and tightly held his hand, not wanting to leave, not wanting to let go, not wanting to lose him.

But this isn't reality.

I'm the President's Daughter,

Only meant to be hid between walls,

Locked away from world,

This isn't my destiny.

And I knew that well.

But will it be okay?

Will it be okay with the world?

If I tried changing my destiny?

Will it be okay?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Suspense is coming! Make sure to comment so that I don't get discouraged and delete this story. Because I have done that before, to some of my other stories. It didn't turn out very well for some of my other stories, and I ended up deleting them becuase of lack of support.

So if you like the story, enjoying it, make sure to let me know!

Sorry if I have grammar errors...

No New Subs....