Goodnight

The President's Daughter

Chapter 22:

 

3 weeks later

 

Baro's POV

 

"WHAT?! But why?!" KaEun seemed furious at me.

"I just don't think that I should be anywhere near you anytime soon."

"B-b-b-but what about the new apartment that you're working for?"

"I already bought one. My brother and my father lended me money."

"But Baro, don't you love kids? I thought this daycare was perfect for your liking!"

"It is. But there are lots of other Daycares in Korea that I can work at."

KaEun furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"Mianhaeyo, KaEun-ssi." I smiled awkwardly.

She sighed and stomped into the room behind the counter but came back out with something in her hand. It was an envelope. She slid it across the counter to me.

"What's this?" I asked as I picked it up.

"Your last paycheck. With umm *Cough cough* a bonus."

"Bonus? Why?" I opened the envelope and saw the pile of money inside.

"I kind of made you go through a lot. But I don't regret anything, still..."

I laughed nervously.

"Well, Thank you KaEun."

I was about to leave, but then she stopped me.

"Baro..."

I turned to see her smiling warmly.

"Sumin is a very lucky girl to have you."

I could see the change in her personality. She changed since the last time I met her. From cold and alone type to the warm and caring type. I felt bad for leaving her.

"Thanks KaEun. I hope we see each other again one day."

She nodded and waved me a goodbye.

 

 

*New Apartment*

 

Baro's New Apartment

 

Sumin was in charge of designing the apartment's furniture and ways to make the apartment look nicer. Even though the apartment was small, she did a really good job. Not too drab and not too fancy. Not too boyish and not too girly. The apartment had 3 bedrooms and one bathroom. The president, Sumin's dad, lended us a lot more money once he found out that Sumin and I were dating. He helped pick out the apartment and a safe neighborhood. He also made Sumin stay with me since he didn't want her to stay in the boring Blue House. So Sumin now lives with me. I felt like a burden to the President, but Sumin said that he is over generous to everybody. So I didn't need to worry. And of course, Sumin and I had seperate rooms.

 

Sumin's room

My room

 

Once I arrived back home from the daycare, I opened the door to the apartment and saw Sumin and Krystal Noona in the kitchen.

 

Sumin's (your) Outfit

Krytsal's Outfit

 

They were laughing and talking until I walked up to them.

"Oh hey Baro!" Krystal waved at me

"Hi. Where's Minhyuk Hyung?"

"He's at work, settling some stuff out for a vacation."

"Vacation? Why? Where?"

"Yes, vacation. Sumin can tell you why. I need to go catch up with him at the company."

"Leaving already?" Sumin asked.

"Yeah, I was only intending to stop by and check out the apartment. I'll send you guys the invitations in probably 2 or 3 days. Bye love birds!"

Krystal Noona left after we all said goodbye.

 

 

"What was she talking about?" I asked Sumin, regarding Krystal Noona's and Minhyuk Hyung's vacation.

"They're getting married soon." Sumin answered.

I paused.

"Oh. Cool!"

Sumin nodded at turn the other way to get a drink from the fridge.

 

Then she left to go to her room and I went to mine.

 

 

*Later*

 

It was 6:45 already and I haven't seen Sumin ever since Krystal Noona came over.

I knocked on her door.

No answer.

I knocked again.

Still no answer.

 

I scratched my head and peaked my head into her room. No one.

*Hmm... Where is she?*

 

I checked the kitchen and living room. Nothing.

 

I jogged to the front door and went outside. I called her, but no answer.

I was getting worried.

 

I jogged to the nearest park and checked to see if she was there. I ran in circles.

Then I saw her sitting on a swing. *Phew!*

 

I ran to her. She had earphones on and a scarf around her neck. She was looking down.

"Sumin-ah!" I called out once I reached the front of her.

"Baro?" She pulled her earphones out and looked up at me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were here? Why didn't you answer your phone? I was worried sick!"

She looked down but looked back up.

"I just needed some fresh air. My phone is charging in my room. I'm using my ipod. I'm sorry."

I sighed and sat in the swing beside her.

"Why didn't you just get some fresh air beside the apartment?"

She shrugged.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Nothing. It just felt boring and stuffy in my room."

"You sure?"

Sumin nodded and smiled warmly at me. I placed my hand on hers.

"Do you want to watch TV with me?"

"TV?"

"Yeah, sure. I'm not busy."

She assuringly nodded. We stood up and walked home with my arm around her shoulder.

 

 

*Home*

 

We spent 2 hours watching the drama 'You Who Came From the Stars (My Love From the Stars'. We cozily sat next to each other on the couch. We also shared multiple boxes of Pepero with each other. The perfect movie night.

After another episode, it was already 10:20.

I turned the TV off and looked over to Sumin, who was sleeping on my lap. Tiny snores escaped an her hair was all messy. *Aww... So cute!*

 

 

I carefully lifted her up and (Bridal Style) carried her to her room. I tucked her into her bed and turned the lights off.

 

Goodnight Sumin.

Sleep well.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, Hello! The next few chapters will be the focused on Sumin's and Baro's relationshop and how it is starting to settle and smoothen out. The fluff of the story will really surface through the next chapters. The antagonist was dealed with and soon, all or most of the characters that were introduced in the story will be intoroduced again. And I think that my chapters are off.... Something doesn't seem right about the amount of chapters I have right now.... hmmm...

WELL Finals are also over. So that means more internet and more time with you guys! My amazing and beautiful Chingus~!

 

New Subcribers:

Shoutout from me because you are awesome and just plain perfect! Saranghaeyo Chingu~!

_felicia_mariah