The Long Night

The President's Daughter

Chapter 12:

 

Baro's POV

 

I barely remembered what happened to me. All I remembered were cars beeping, people screaming, and headlights facing towards me. I also remembered serious pain.... My body ached, especially my right leg. I woke up on a hospital bed, seeing the bottom half of my leg in a cast. I sighed and threw my head back on the pillow. Then I stood back up, looking downward. I saw a girl, holding my hand while she was asleep. Instantly, I knew it was Sumin. But why would she be here, and not the Blue House? I thought for a few minutes.

I slid my hand through her light brown hair, which was tied up in a high ponytail. Some of her hair covered her face, so I folded back behind her ear. Suddenly, she shuffled around. She squinted her eyes and blinked a few times. Then she looked up at me. What I noticed on her, completely stunned. As she looked at me, her eyes were bloodshot and red.

"Baro..." She whispered and showed a weak smile.

"Sumin-ah...." I wanted to ask her why her eyes were red, but she interrupted me with a warm hug.

 

"I'm so glad, you're okay... You don't know how worried I was!" She tightened her hug.

I slowly hugged her back.

"I'm sorry I worried you...."

She let go of the hug and sat back down in the chair beside the bed.

"What happened?" She asked softly as concern filled her voice.

"I- I- I don't know... all I remember were beeping cars, screaming people, and bright headlights."

Sumin sighed and looked down. But then looked back up after a few seconds.

"At least, you weren't hurt badly...." Sumin forced another smile.

"Yeah...."

 

Sumin's POV

 

I'm so happy, he woke up. Considering that it was dark outside, it must have been evening already. And I didn't even eat the entire day, but Baro woke up, so I guess its worth it. I could tell that he wanted to ask me something, but he didn't ask me anything. He hesitated.

"Yeah...." He looked into my eyes and sighed, looking down.

 

In must have been my eyes. I've been crying for a long time, before he woke up.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Narrator's POV

"I'm sorry...." (From previous chapter)

Sumin cried for 1 whole hour, nonstop. She sobbed as she held Baro's hand, holding it tightly. After a few minutes, a nurse entered the room to collect information about the patient, Baro. She noticed Sumin, crying and not noticing that she entered the room. As she stood on the other side of the hospital bed, collecting information and reading her clipboard, she could hear Sumin's soft, quiet sobs. As she was walking back to the exit, she stopped beside the door. She slowly walk back to Sumin.

"Mam... Uljimarayo (Don't Cry)... I am sure Baro-ssi wouldn't want to see you cry..." She patter her on the shoulder.

Sumin looked up at the nurse and started wiping her tears away. She nodded.

"Okay, I will stop crying..." Sumin sniffled and rubbed her eyes. "Thank you..."

"It is almost 2 pm mam. You should go get some rest or some food."

Sumin shook her head. "I can't leave..."

"Are you sure, mam?"

Sumin nodded and glanced back at Baro.

"I understand, mam. Take care of yourself." The nurse smiled at her and left the room.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Sumin's POV

 

"Is it because of my eyes, Baro?" I asked him.

He looked up at me with a How-did-you-know kind of face. I giggled.

"I know.... Don't worry about it..." I tried smiling at him.

 

After a minute, I heard a knock on the door and the door opened. Familiar faces stood in front of the sliding door. Minhyuk Oppa and Krystal Unnie. They both bowed slightly. Krystal Unnie jogged to the other side of the hospital bed and Minhyuk Oppa stood beside me. He placed a tray full of food on the counter across from us.

"Oppa... Unnie... What are you doing here?"

"Soojin Noona told us that Baro got into an accident and you left the Blue House to visit him." Minhyuk Oppa explained.

"We brought you two some food." Krystal Unnie pointed at the tray of food and smiled at Baro and I.

"Thanks...." Baro said.

"I'll go get you some water..." Krystal Unnie walked to the tray and opened a water bottle, pouring some water into a seperate cup. She walked back and handed it to Baro.

Baro bowed slightly and accepted the water. In the meanwhile, Minhyuk Oppa tapped me on the shoulder.

"Can I talk to you?"

I nodded and followed him outside the hospital room.

 

 

*Outside the Hospital Room*

 

I closed the door behind me.

"Sumin-ah..." He mumbled.

"Neh?"

"I don't mind you coming all the way here to visit him. I don't mind at all. I would've even drove you here myself, but I heard that you didn't eat breakfast before you left. Did you eat anything after you arrived here?"

I shook my head.

"I accidentally fell asleep while waiting for him to wake up. The next thing I knew, It was night time already."

"Sumin, I'm not scolding you okay? Just make sure that you take care of your health."

I nodded and we went back inside to eat the food.

 

1 hour later, Minhyuk Oppa and Krystal Noona left to take care of some more business.

 

"Baro, does your brother know that you are here?" I asked him, randomly.

He shook his head.

"Do you want me to call him?"

"Sure, go ahead."

 

I grabbed his phone and dialed the contact of "Gongchan"

 

 

He picked up.

"HYUNG~~~!!! WHERE ARE YOU?! YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO SPEND TIME WITH ME TODAY!"

I giggled.

"Hyung, you sound like a girl while you laugh. Do you have a cold?"

"Yoboseyo?"

"HYUNG! You need medication! We can't have you sounding like that in public!"

"Ummm.... Baro is not here right now, but I'm his friend, Sumin. I need to tell you something."

"Oh... sorry... embarrassing..."

I giggled harder.

"I needed to tell you that Baro is at Sond-Do hospital right now. He was in an accident."

"Huh? Hyung got into an accident. Aigooooo.... I'm on my way! Thank you, Sumin-ssi!"

I hung up.

 

"Your brother is really interesting...." I giggled to Baro, who was still beside me.

"Haha.... Yes he is something. But don't develop feelings for him, he's wierd..."

"Well.... I does sound really cute and caring. I'd like to have some lunch with him one da-" I joked.

"NO NO NO! WOAH THERE! NO! NUH-UH! I don't permit you!" He crossed his arms and looked away. I laughed at his expression.

"I was just joking...." I giggled softly.

Then he glanced back at me and did a sudden aegyo. *KYAAAA SO ADORABLE*

 

 

Aigooooo.....

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's really boring guys... *Face Palm* But I have more ideas coming up next. I don't know if you guys want a happy ending or not. So comment which one you would prefer. Happy Ending or Sad Ending. Also, I don't know how long you would like the Story to be. 1 - 20 Chapters or 25 - 45 Chapters.

I really dont know....

SO make sure to send me your opinion of what kind of ending you would like and how many chapters you would like it to be....

Thank you soo much for reading! Have a wonderful rest of the day!

 

No New Subs....