Tonight

The President's Daughter

Chapter 19:

 

Sumin's POV

 

It was 4:00 pm already and I was planning on visiting Baro at the Daycare he works at. I took out another one of SangHee's choices of clothes. Its usually cold during the night, so I decided to wear jeans.

Sumin's (your) outift today

 

After I was done getting ready, I dug into my purse and took out the piece of paper that SangHee gave me which had the address of the Daycare. I stuffed it into my pocket and walked out. I walked towards the van and asked the driver to take me to the address.

"Mister driver!"

He turned around and slightly smiled.

"Hello Miss, how are you today?"

"I'm good. Can you take me to this address?" I handed him the piece of paper.

"No problem Miss, but may I ask why must you go visit this place?"

"I'm visiting my friend at work."

He nodded and opened the van door for me. After a few seconds, we drove off.

 

The driver left once I reached the Daycare. The daycare was small, but it looked very pretty on the inside. I walked up to the front desk and saw a girl, probably the same age as me. She smiled brightly and bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo! How may I help you?"

"Is Cha Baro here?"

Her smile brightened once she heard his name.

"He'll be out in a minute. Why do you need him?"

"Oh okay... I was just going take him out for dinner later on."

Her smile faded and her attitude darkenned.

"Baro-ssi doesn't get out of work until 6."

"I know. I'll wait until then. It's already 4:45"

She sighed heavily. Before either of us could say another word, Baro came out from the door behind her. Baro lit up the moment he laid eyes on me.

I smiled and waved at him.

"Oh? Sumin-ah!" He scurried over to where I was and attacked me with a hug.

I hugged him back and we swayed from left to right.

Once we let go, he faced the girl at the counter.

"Sumin-ah, I see you've met KaEun, my co-worker."

I smiled at her to show her a nice-to-meet-you, but all she did was roll her eyes and look away.

Baro turned back to me.

"So Sumin, What are you doing here?"

"I was planning on taking you out to dinner."

"Oh! Cool! But... I actually planned on doing something else."

My heart sank but I could see KaEun smirking secretly.

"I was actually planning on taking YOU out to dinner!" Baro cheered.

Both me and KaEun's heads shot up.

"Huh?" I asked.

Baro swung his arm around my shoulder andanswered me.

"I'll be in charge of dinner tonight! I'll take you somewhere special."

"Oh! Okay... that works too!"

Baro smiled and faced KaEun, who was staring at us in shock.

"KaEun-ssi, I'm going to get off work now. I'll make up the hour I missed tomorrow."

I could see the astonishment and anger she had in her eyes, but she didn't say anything.

"But-"

Before she could say anything else, Baro ran into the room in the back and grabbed his wallet.

"See you tomorrow KaEun-ssi! Bye!"

Baro dragged me out of the daycare with him, leaving KaEun dumbfounded.

 

~

 

Baro took me to Seoul Forest again, but I defnitely didn't mind at all. I loved it here. We sat in the same place we sat last time after we bought take-out food. We shared a big box of Dumplings.

"Ahhh... I'm full!" I let out with a mouth full of food as I set my chopsticks down on a napkin.

"Haha... Me too! But I'll have the last dumpling since you don't want it."

I nodded and watched him eat the last dumpling in the box.

"Nyam nyam nyam nyam" He made noises as he chewed.

I giggled and wiped my mouth.

 

 

Baro's POV

 

She giggled as she wiped .

The last time we were here, she kissed my cheek without knowing that I was really awake. Would she do the same thing if she knew? My feelings grew stronger for Sumin over the weekend. The times we had when we slept beside each other on the grass, riding bikes with her, singing songs with her, listening to songs with her, having her take care of me when I ache somewhere, and having her surprise me at work. Every single moment with her makes me want to confess even more. The indirect confession she gave me the last time we came here made my confidence grow tremendously. So will tonight be the night she finally knows my feelings?

 

 

FLASHBACK

Saturday - the night before Sumin and Baro went to the Park.

 

I recieved a call from SangHee. I hesitated to answer, but I wanted to make her stop bothering me.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Baro!!!"

"Yes? What do you want? If its another proposal from your family, I'm hanging up."

"No, no! It's about Sumin!"

I paused and paid more attention to the phone.

"What about her?"

"Don't get mad at me, but I'm helping you two get together."

"....umm..."

"Okay good! You're not mad!"

"So why did you call me?"

"Has she shown any signs of affection towards you yet?"

"Well.... I umm... recieved an indirect confession. She thought I was asleep."

"AAAAAHHHHH!!! WAAHHH JINJJAAAA?!"

"Yah, SangHee! You almost broke my eardrum! Stop screaming!"

"Haha... Mianhae Mianhae.."

"That's so cute! How do you feel?!"

"Confident in a way..."

"Are you going to confess any time soon?"

"I don't know..."

"Well do it right away or else some other guy may steal her heart before you!"

"But... how..."

"Baro, you have no experience in romance huh..."

I scoffed.

"Yes I do! What are you talking ab-"

"I have an idea! You've heard of promise rings right?"

"Of course!"

"Well, most girls hate it when boys don't keep their promises. I mean... how could a girl trust a guy with her heart if he can't even be trusted with a single promise? So... after you confess to her, give her a promise ring."

"Hmmm..."

"Like it? Like it? Aren't I amazing?!"

"Anything else?"

 

SangHee went on about plans of how I should confess. I followed most of them.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"Sumin-ah..." I mumbled very shyly as we sat down on the grass.

"Mhmm?"

I trembled horribly. Nervousness and doubt were rushing across my body.

I made sure it was 5:55 before I needed to do what I had to do. I checked my phone and there it was.

 

5:53 pm.

 

*OKAY BARO! DON'T MESS UP! YOU HAVE 2 MINUTES UNTIL EVERYTHING SHOWS UP! DON'T MESS UP!*

I cleared my throat and stood up from the grass.

I offered my hand to Sumin and helped her up. She was looking at me, confused.

"Is something wrong, Baro?"

I shook my head and began.

 

"Sumin. You're the President's Daughter and you are also very high up in society while I am very far down from you. You are also beautiful and many guys would love to have your heart. But that is not reason why I like you so much."

Sumin's eyes widened. I took her hand and held it. I continued.

"I not only like you because of how you look. I like you because you make me happy without even trying. The thought of you brightens my day. Your smile is like medicine that can take away my frown. Whenever I think about you and the times we have had together, I can't help but smile like a maniac. My heart beats like crazy everytime you're close to me. Everything I do with you is something I want to cherish forever. From the time we first met in the Blue House lobby, to the time we made paper cranes together, watching movies with you, dancing with you, cooking with you, sitting in a hospital bed with you beside me, going to Lotte World with you, taking pictures with you, sleeping on the grass with you, biking with you, singing with you, listening to music with you, playing with you, doing everything with you. I want to do it all with you. I want to keep making moments like those. One by one. And while we do those things together I want other people to know that you are no one else's but mine. Is it okay if I call you mine?"

 

Sumin's eyes were watery and tears were waterfalling out.

"Baro..."

"Did I say something wrong? Did I say something bad?" I started freaking out.

Sumin shook her head and smiled at me.

"Yes..."

"Yes? I said something wrong?!!!!"

She giggled.

"Yes as in, yes you can call me yours..."

I heart lit up into a thousand lanterns.

"I like you too, Baro."

Right at that moment, lights along the river and trees lit up. The area we were in became filled with lights.

*It must be 5:55*

 

Sumin admired the lights above us and smiled widely. While she was looking up, I took the promise ring out of my pocket and slid in onto her ring finger. I put mine on as well.



Sumin's (your) and Baro's Promise Rings

 

Sumin looked down at her finger and noticed the shiny gold ring on it.

"Starting from today, We are official. No other guy can touch you. Besides relatives... of course."

Sumin wiped away her tears and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

 

"Starting from today, its only you, Baro. You're mine and I'm yours. Don't forget that."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I am soooo sorry for so many stupid typos! UGGHH TYPOOSS!! Mianhaeyo! But I hope that you still liked the chapter. Make sure to comment how you feel! Because I would love to talk to any one of my Chingus~!

So the girl from earlier in the chapter.... KaEun or Ka-Eun is actually very important in the story so pay attention to her.

 

After School's Ka-Eun stars as Lee Ka-Eun

~Details will be revealed later on~

 

I DO NOT want to have fandom wars about KaEun. I actually really like KaEun. She's one of my favorites it After School, so don't think that I hate her because she is the antongonist in the story. So please no bashing or hating either. I rellly love most kpop idols. And she is one of those those idols. So do not think that I hate her. I just thought that her image would fit the role of KaEun in the story.

THANK YOU READING! MORE COMING SOOOON! STAY TUNED AND HAVE FUN READING CHINGUS! Saranghaeyo~! >.<

No New Subbies...