One Long Day

The President's Daughter

Chapter 18:

 

 

Sumin's POV

 

I was waiting for Baro at the front gate again. We were meeting up at the same time as yesterday. 12:00. I put myself in another outfit that SangHee made me buy.

 

Sumin's (your) outfit for the day

 

It was a dress, so I felt more comfortable wearing it. I let my hair out today and waved the ends for a nicer and more formal look (like in in the picture). I checked my phone for the time. 12:15. I guess he got stuck in traffic. After a few more minutes of waiting, a taxi pulled up and I instantly knew that it was Baro. He hopped out of the car waved at me with one hand in his pocket. I quickly walked up to the taxi and hopped inside with him.

 

"You're not going to tell me where we are going again, huh?" I asked.

He chuckled and shook his head.

 

During the car ride, Baro took earphones out and plugged it into his phone. He put on earbud in his ear and one in mine. Afer a few seconds, the music started.

 

I am lost, looking for myself with the weight of my deep worries
Where am I going? My deep thoughts become more and more dull

 

I look in the mirror but I can’t see my instincts that I can’t hide
I follow the moon and see the beautifully shining picture that embraces me

 

hands up high to the sky

hands up spread your wings

Follow the starlight

 

I am wandering, looking for myself, do it again

I still want it, do it again

I am wandering and looking, do it again

I keep wanting it, do it again

 

I took the earbud off of my ear after the song ended and gave it back to Baro.

"That's a really pretty song." I pointed to him as he took his earbud back.

"Yea, I know right?"

 

We waited for another set of minutes and we eventually reached our destination.

I looked at our surroundings as we got out of the cab. We were at a park. The grass was green and kids were playing on the playground in the corner. Benches were scattered around the park and Cherry blossom trees made the park really beautiful. Baro and I sat on a nearby bench.

"Every place that you take me is beautiful, Baro." I told him, while smiling happily.

Baro smiled back.

"Well, you are beautiful, so every place I take you should be beautiful as well."

I blushed madly. I turned the other way to prevent Baro from seeing my face turning tomato red.

"Yah, Sumin-ah." He called out.

I turned back to his direction.

"You have shorts on under your dress right?"

*Well, that's an awkward question....*

"Ummm... Why do you-"

"Just answer me, I have a good reason for asking this." He chuckled.

"Uhh... Yes, I do." I finally answered to his odd question.

Baro smiled and stood up from the bench. I stood up as well.

"Good. Now follow me." He said, walking ahead.

So I followed him. I followed him until we reached a bike rental shop near the park.

Baro faced me once we entered.

"Go pick out the bike that you like." He slightly smiled and gestured me to look around.

 

We spent 10 minutes picking the bikes we wanted. Baro walked up to me when he was finished picking his. Then he called an associate to help us rent the bikes. After another 5 minutes, we walked out of the bike rental with our bikes.

 

Baro's rented bike

Sumin's (your) rented bike

 

 

Baro got onto his and looked at me.

"Ready?" He said.

I nodded once I hopped onto the seat. I placed my purse in the basket and put my helmet on. Baro put his helmet on as well.

"Ready? Set? GOOOO!!!" Baro flew his fist up in the air and we both started pedalling.

 

We drove at an average pace and rode against the grass, so that we wouldn't disturb the people walking. During the middle of the ride, Baro slowed down so that we would be riding next to each other. When we were driving at the same pace, Baro starting singing out of nowhere.

He sang at a slow tune.

 

As if caught up in a fantasy

As if having everything

Even time seems to stop

I wanna get yours be mine (so hot)

Cute fox, I can’t resist your sweet temptation

I heard a weep and it’s not cool

I’ll protect you forever

 

I’m searching everywhere for you

Love me love me love me love me love me baby

Come out from wherever you’re hiding

Tell me tell me tell me now

Why do your footsteps drag on like magic

I can’t get my head straight, you amazing person

 

O.K girl, I’m all yours, I can be your yes man

I’ll do everything for you

O.K girl, from now on, I’m yours

I love you

I’m your man (You’re my woman)

You have all of me forever

From head to toe, I love you

 

I need you I’ll never let you go

After I whispered ‘I love you’, I feel shy whenever I see you

I’ll never wanna leave you, liss me now

A shy girl like bubble-gum

The popular you makes me unsettled

You! It’s a happy scream

 

I smiled widely and brightly as he sang. He sounded perfect especially during the rapping parts. At the last verse I sang with him and his smile widened.

 

O.K girl, I’m all yours, I can be your yes man

I’ll do everything for you

O.K girl, from now on, I’m yours

I love you

I’m your man (You’re my woman)

You have all of me forever

From head to toe, I love you

 

O.K girl, I’m all yours, I can be your yes man

I’ll do everything for you

O.K girl, from now on, I’m yours

I love you~

 

We sang in unison and in melody. It was perfect. Cherry blossoms were surrounding us, which made the mood nicer and sweeter. Baro started speaking up again.

 

"It's such a nice day today." He pointed out.

"Yup. Sure is."

"I wish it was like this everyday."

"Same here" I giggled.

 

We biked along the park for a few more minutes, then we returned them to the bike rental. Baro and I walked out of the bike rental and started walking along the sidewalks. It was only 1:45.

"Are you hungry yet?" Baro asked.

"Kind of..."

"Alright! Lets go!" Baro started walking faster and tried to keep up with him.

We reached a restaurant across the street from the park. The restaurant was modern and nice. Not too fancy, not too shabby. Just right. Baro and I sat down in the corner booth. Baro ordered Naengmyeon and I ordered Kongguksu.

When our food came, we started eating. We ate quietly, we had no conversations. But every once in a while, he would look up at me a smile lightly. I was finished earlier than him, so I waited for him to finish. When he was finished, he drank water and gestured for us to leave.

"Lets go!" He said as he stood up.

"No, wait..."

He made a confused look at me, but still continued gesturing me to get up. When he reached the side of the table, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to his seat.

"Baro, you need to let your food settle in your stomach, or you're going to have a stomach ache."

"Don't worry about me, I'm a big boy now!" He gave me a childish smile.

"You're a big boy now....?" I repeated sarcastically.

He nodded. I waved my hands around and stood up, and her followed.

"Fine, fine! But don't come complaining to me when your stomach starts aching!"

"Arasso! Arasso!" He shouted childishly and softly pushed me towards the door.

 

After lunch, we came back to the park and acted like complete children. We chased each other around the playground and played with a few toddlers until we got tired. Baro knew one toddler in the playground that he has played with at the daycare he works at. Her name was Eunsol.

 

Anyone remember Eunsol from B1A4's Hello Baby?! KYAAA~ ^^

 

When the three of us sat on a bench together, she tapped Baro on the shoulder and asked him something.

"Baro Appa! Who is she?" Eunsol gestured towards me.

"Ahh... That's my Chingu! Her name is Sumin."

Eunsol scooted next to me and smiled. She bowed politely and held out her hand.

"Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Eunsol. Is it okay if I call you Sumin Unni?"

I shook her hand and smiled birghtly back at her.

"Annyeong Eunsol-ah. Yes, you can call me that, I don't mind."

 

 

When she let go, she scooted back next to Baro a spoke into his ear. But I still heard what she was saying.

"Baro Appa, Sumin Unni is pretty."

Baro giggled and nodded.

"She is pretty, huh?"

"Why isn't she your girlfriend?"

I turned to the both of them, surprised. I waited for Baro's answer. Baro glanced at me and turned back to Eunsol.

"Because Sumin Unni is out of my league..." He chuckled.

I caught myself laughing as well.

 

 

When we were all done playing with Eunsol, she left to go home and Baro and I were left in the park.

"Eunsol is sooo cute!" I cheered quietly to Baro.

"Yup! She is!"

We sat on another benhc and sat there for another few minutes. The silence broke when I heard a noise come out of Baro's mouth.

"Ahhhhh!"

I instantly turned to face Baro, who was holding his stomach and bending towards the ground.

"What?! What happened? Gwaenchana?!"

"My stomach hurts...." He complained.

"Oh..." I said and slapped him on the shoulder which made him yell in pain.

"I told you so! I told you that you would get a stomach ache! But you wouldn't listen to me would you!"

"Alright! Alright! I'm Sorry! I'm sorry!"

I pouted and grabbed a water bottle out of purse.

"Here..." I said as I handed him the bottle.

"Thanks."

"Drink a lot. It will help take away the aching for the time being."

He nodded and chugged down the water.

"Come on... Let's go home. It's already 4:10."

Baro stood up and walked along with me. Anyone could tell that he was in pain by just looking at the way he walked. I felt bad for him so I helpd him walk by linking my arm to his. I guided him to the street and signalled a taxi. Eventually, a cab reached us and took Baro.

"Get home as soon as possible and rest. Okay Baro?"

"Yes. Thank you, Sumin."

"This wouldn't have happened if you just listened to me."

Baro pouted.

"I'll call you later to check up on you. You go home first. I'll catch another taxi."

Baro agreed and the taxi left. When I signalled another cab, it brought me back to the Blue House.

Another great day. I guess...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the super duper uper luper nuper looooong chapter. I bet it was pretty boring also. But I promise that the story will fasten soon and more events will bring you excitement and suspense. Sorry for all the chapter of boringness that I have brought upon you....

This week has been very busy. I also have projects that I have to finish because I am sooo far behind. So that means I won't be updating for probably 1 or 2 days.

This was officially the longest chapter I have EVER written! 8000+

I think thats a bit too much writing....

But OH WELL I love writing.

Regarding the EXO Kris issue going on. Turns out that Kris officially left EXO. *Tears* I'm really sad that this was the result of this problem. But if that is was makes Kris happy, then I am happy too. But that doesn't mean that I don't prefer EXO as 11 rather than 12. At least I got to see him in person before he left EXO. Thank goodness to the Korea Times Concert in Los Angeles May 3rd. But even if he's not part of EXO anymore, he will always be EXO-M's leader in my heart.

The deepness there....

 

New Subbies!

Shout out because I love you and you are forever my Chingu~! Saranghaeyo~ ^^

 

marijoong