Flowers become your sky

The President's Daughter

 

Chapter 24: FINAL

 

1 month later

 

Sumin's POV

 

Baro has been working overtime for the past month. He has constantly been coming home late and exhausted. But even though he's tired, he always has the energy to come home with a smile. I usually make him dinner with the recipes I find online. And once the day is over, we bid each other a goodnight and a warm hug.

But today was different.

 

6:45 am

I woke up to a Baro shaking me awake. I groggily moaned, showing that I was still sleepy.

"Sumin-ah! If you don't wake up, I'm going to tickle you!"

"I'm... still.... sleepy... *Yawn*" I paid very little attention to him until I felt him tickling my sides.

"WAKE UP!!!" He continuiously tickled me until I couldn't take it it anymore.

"OMG! BARO STOP! YAAAHHH!" I pushed his hands away, but they kept coming back for more tickling.

"Are you gonna wake up or not?" He teased.

"Okay! Okay! I'm awake! Geez!" I stood up from my bed slipped my slippers on.

I looked up to Baro, then down to his toes. He was already changed to go out.

"Its Saturday. You have no work today." I rubbed my eyes.

"I know. We're going somewhere."

"What? Where?"

"You'll find out later. Go wash up first."

I nodded and yawned as I obeyed his orders.

 

 

7:15

I closed the bedroom door behind me and I was now fully awake. Baro was in the kitchen, drinking coffee until he saw me. He instantly smiled and ran up to me with a tiny lunchbox.

"There's my beautiful girlfriend!" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and dragged me outside.

"Mwuh-ya... I didn't even eat breakfast yet."

"That is why I have a lunchbox for you. So you can eat in the car. It's Kimchi fried rice! Your favorite!"

Baro and I quickly put our shoes on and pulled me to the road. He called for a taxi and we hooped in. Baro told the driver the address and sat next to me. He handed me the lunchbox and smiled brightly.

"Eat up! Nyam nyam!"

I giggled at his expression and ate the food. We weren't even close to getting to where we needed when I finished eating breakfast. I neatly reorganized everything back into the lunchbox and nudged Baro on the shoulder.

"Baro.... Where are we going?"

"Well, you have to wait."

"But-" I got cut off.

"Shhh... It's going to be a long drive. You can go back to sleep if you want."

I felt a bit suspicious about this. But I laid my head on the side door and tried going to sleep, but I felt someone pull my head to the opposite direction.

 

"Sumin-ah! Sleep on my shoulder. If the door randomly opens, you'll fly out of the car and I'll lose you forever! I don't want that to happen, so sleep on my shoulder instead of the door."

Baro pulled my head towards his shoulder and patted it.

I felt myself blushing for a bit but then after 5 minutes, I drifted to a nap.

 

I woke up to the driver's voice.

"We're here!"

 

I looked at the time. 11:40am

*Wow, that was a really long drive* I thought to myself as I wiped my mouth. Baro's head was resting on top of mine. *I guess he fell asleep too*. I shook him softly and whispered in his ear to wake up.

"Oh...*yawn*.... we're here already?"

I nodded. Eventually, Baro piad the driver and we hopped off.

 

"Where are we anyways, Baro?" I asked him as I fixed my shoulder bag onto my shoulder.

"Don't you like surprises, Sumin? Do you really want to know THAT bad?"

"Well...."

"I'll tell you later. But right now, let's just walk around."

Baro wrapped his arm around me again and we walked to the nearest hotel and booked one room with two seperate beds. Then we walked out to the nearest restaurant to eat lunch.

 

Baro and I shared Bulgogi together and a plate of kimchi with rice.

As we were eating, we talked to each other.

"Baro, This place doesn't seem familiar to me. How were you familiar about this place?"

"My aunt and uncle used to go on vacation here a lot. I don't know why... but they really liked it here. I used to tag along with them when they were going on vacation. They brought me to a ton of different places, but I saw no huge differences than other south korean cities. But then they took me to this one place that really made my eyes glow. It was beautiful and I wanted to take you there."

"What is the most beautiful part of that place?"

"When it's night time, lights shine in the trees and flowers will become your sky."

"That's kind of confusing. How can flowers become your sky?"

Baro only chuckled and continued eating.

 

Baro and I went shopping after we ate. We bought a lot of things, shopping bags covered my arm.

5:00pm

Baro and I stopped by at the hotel to drop our things off. We watched dramas until sunset came.

Baro jumped up from the couch we were on and looked out the window.

"It's time!"

I checked the clock.

6:45

 

"Time?" I stood up next to him.

"Let's go to that place I was talking about!"

 

I grabbed my purse and we put on our shoes. Soon, we were off again. Baro called another taxi and we hopped in.

"Don't worry, this taxi ride won't take long." He said.

We arrived at our destination in just a few minutes.
Outside the place we need to go into, a food truck parked. Baro bought both of us hot chocolate. Then, we went inside.

The next thing I knew, we were standing on next to a railing beside a thin stream. Above us were cherry blossom trees. The sunset had already ended and it was getting dark. Baro and I leaned against the wooden railing, drinking our warm beverages.

After a few minutes, something caught my eyes. Hundreds of lights lit up the trees and cherry blossoms were blown by the cold, autumn wind. I shivered, but Baro hugged me from behind, giving warmth to my arms and back. We swayed from left to right slowly as we watched the lights on the trees twinkle. I looked up to see if the stars would twinkle brighter than the lights but there were no stars in sight from where we were. All I could see we bright pink cherry blossoms covering us. I remembered Baro's words.

"Lights shine in the trees and flowers will become your sky."

He was right.

The view was beautiful and heartwarming.

The place Baro took Sumin to. (Yeojwa Stream in Jinhae-gu, South Korea)

 

As we swayed, Baro suddenly planted a soft, slow kiss on my cheek.

 

 

"Ever since the first time I've seen this place, I've planned on bringing someone special here. Someone important. And you were the first person that

I have ever brought here."

"Will there be a second?" I teased.

"Of course not. You are the only person I ever want to be here with."

I blushed and faced him, with the railing behind me and being face to face with Baro.

"I hope that's true." I said.

"When did I EVER lie to you?" He teased, he wrapped his hands around my waist and smiled warmly.

I giggled.

"Who am I, Baro?" I asked, wondering what he would answer with.

"You are Choi Sumin. My beautiful and flawless girlfriend." He answered.

I felt my cheeks heat up.

"You don't see me as the President's Daughter? Like the first time we met?"

"Oh yeah huh! You're the President's Daughter! I keep forgetting that. The only things that remind me of that are the Blue House and your dad.

Haha... sorry"

I shook my head.

"No, no! Keep it that way! I've always hated that label. I like it better now. Not having to be stuck in the Blue House, no security guards, no constant

reminders of getting home before 10. I like it better today. Mostly becuase I'm with no one but you. Someone who sees me none other than Choi

Sumin, myself and not the President's Daughter."

I hugged Baro tightly.

"Thank you for breaking me out of the past, Baro"

I looked back up and quickly pecked Baro's lips with a kiss.

"I LOVE YOU~~~~!" I sang to him, in an aegyo-ish way and he chuckled.

"I LOVE YOU MORE~~~~!" He sang back.

Baro kissed me one more time, only this time, it was longer and sweeter.

 

Saranghae, Baro. Don't forget that.

 

Please read below(:

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry if I lacked fluffiness in the chapter): I feel like I really rushed this one. Mianhaeyo~!

WELL This is the final chapter! I really really really loved writing this story! I sometimes even fangirled over my own story. Which is unusual for me.

I'm leaving on Monday and promoting to Tomorrow! I hope you guys can give some feedback if you liked it. You know what to do!

I would really like a promotion gift from you guys.... IDK... upvote...comment...(:

But you don't have to...

 

If you want more of my stories, I will definitely write more AFFs in the future, so subscribe to me as an author!

You can do that by visiting my profile and clicking on 'Subscribe as Author'.

I really really loved all of you guys' company as you read this story! I'm going to miss all of my Chingus!

Please also friend me, if you want. Because I don't have to say Goodbye to any one of you amazing people!

SARANGHAEYO, CHINGUS! DONT FORGET THAT!

AAGGHHH! I WANNA CRY RIGHT NOW~~!!

 

New Subcribers:

Shout out becuase this is my final shoutout and I love your company here, Chingu! Saranghaeyo~!

 

Daniel092