{Chapter Six}

No Boys Allowed!

“Wow,” Youngjae said in awe as they approached the festival grounds.

While he'd never been to one of the school's festivals, he'd still seen them. This year was bigger than any he'd seen before. There were larger rides, including one that took you right to the top in a cart and then just dropped you straight back down, a roller-coaster, a claw-type thing that swung you into the air and the biggest Ferris wheel Youngjae had ever seen.

Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's hand and started to walk forward. Youngjae didn't follow, pulling his hand from Dae's and staying standing in the festival's entrance.

“What?” Daehyun asked, walking back to Youngjae. “What is it?”

“We're just here as friends, Dae.” Youngjae stated.

Daehyun's smile faltered a little. He thought that after the movie night, things would be different between them but they weren't. Youngjae had acted as though nothing happened between them. Daehyun couldn't do that, though. The memory of Youngjae's mouth so close to his and the feel of Youngjae's neck beneath his lips was burned into his mind, and no matter how much he wanted to, he couldn't stop thinking about doing it again.

“I know.” Daehyun said as though it didn't bother him at all, when in reality, it was making him crazy. Well, crazier than usual.

“Friends don't hold hands,” Youngjae pointed out and then added “well, not guy friends, at least.”

Daehyun rolled his eyes and took another step closer to Youngjae. He knew that he was probably standing closer than what is considered 'just friends', but neither of them could find it in them to care as they enjoyed the lack of distance between them.

“Then stop being my 'guy friend', and just be my boyfriend.” he said, a small smile finding its way onto his face.

Youngjae shook his head slowly, looking down at the floor because he knew he couldn't say this if he was looking into Daehyun's chocolate eyes.

“I can't date you, Daehyun. You know that.” Youngjae said.

Daehyun sighed. “Don't you even want to try?”

Youngjae's head snapped up and he frowned at the boy before him.

“Of course I do! But my parents have one rule for me. One! The least I can do is follow it.” the younger argued.

Daehyun huffed, understanding his reasoning but not liking it. “Fine.”

“Thank you,” Youngjae whispered.

Part of him felt disappointed that Daehyun gave in that easily. Part of Youngjae wanted Dae to keep fighting for him, wanted him to just lose his patience and kiss him already. But Jae knew that was selfish of him. Dae was just respecting his wishes. So why wasn't Youngjae happy about it?

“Come on,” Daehyun said, “let's go win you something cuddly.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes fondly and followed the Busan boy.

Daehyun did as he said he would – he won Youngjae a small yellow bunny (which he named Joko) and as much as Youngjae loved it, Daehyun was determined that he could win him something better. Due to Daehyun's stubbornness, Youngjae ended up with another bunny (that was white and named Keke), a blue teddy bear (Mr. Blue), two aliens (Mars and Venus) and a black and brown puppy wearing a bow tie (Sir Patches). Youngjae was glad that he decided to bring a backpack with him, even though they didn't all fit in there.

“Come on Daehyun, is this really necessary?” Youngjae asked as Daehyun stopped in front of the ski-ball machine.

“Yes it is,” Daehyun said. “You told me you love pandas. The prize if I get 1500 points is a giant panda. It's perfect for you, therefore, I have to win it.”

“But you've already won me all these little teddies,” Youngjae replied as the lady gave Daehyun five balls and he gave her some money. “Don't you want to win anything for you?”

“No, I prefer spoiling you,” Daehyun smiled sweetly. “Now, will you just accept that your argument is invalid and that I will get that panda for you if it's the last thing I do.”

Reluctantly, Youngjae smiled and nodded. When Daehyun smiled back, Youngjae was hit with a surge of sudden emotion that literally made him light headed. Feeling unusually brave, Youngjae pressed his lips to Daehyun's cheek at light-speed. Daehyun stared at Youngjae like a deer caught in the headlights of a car travelling at one hundred miler per hour.

“W-What was that for?” Daehyun asked.

“Luck.” Youngjae told him with a small smile and a shrug.

With a newly-found confidence, Daehyun stepped up to the machine and, needless to say, Youngjae walked away with a giant panda.

“I can't believe you actually won this.” Youngjae gushed.

“Well, I couldn't have done it without my good luck.” Daehyun said with a wink in Youngjae's direction. Youngjae blushed but didn't say anything more on the subject.

The next few hours, the boys spent eating as much sugary food as they could stomach, going on every ride they saw (Youngjae noticed – to Daehyun's dismay – the way the elder boy got nervous before they went on the roller coaster. Youngjae gave him the option to back out, but Daehyun faced his fears, not wanting to look scared in front of Youngjae), and playing every sideshow game, no matter how low the chances of them actually winning anything were.

“Come on,” Daehyun said, “there's one more thing I want to do with you.”

Upon instinct, he grabbed Youngjae's hand. Daehyun hesitated, waiting for Youngjae to pull away.

His heart fluttered when he didn't.

“Where are you taking me, Dae?” Youngjae asked as Daehyun pulled him across the fair grounds.

Daehyun ran up to the ticket booth and bought two tickets – despite Youngjae's protests that he had the money to pay for himself and didn't need Daehyun to pay for him.

“Youngjae,” Daehyun said softly, tilting his head to the side like an irresistible puppy, “can't you just let me treat you?”

Unable to resist Dae's big brown eyes gazing into his own as if he were staring at the only thing that could ever make him happy, Youngjae gave in with a mumble of “fine.” but he still felt bad. All day, Daehyun had been paying for his tickets – no matter what Youngjae said against it. Of course, Youngjae repaid him by buying all of the food (and there had been a lot of food) but Youngjae still felt like he was taking advantage of Daehyun because, well, paying for someone else this much is kind of like something you do on a date (not that Youngjae would really know, since he hadn't ever dated anyone, but he'd seen enough k-dramas to know that much). Right?Still, Youngjae felt bad, even though he wasn't really doing anything wrong; after all, he was only being a good son. If he were allowed to, he would love to hold Dae's hand as they walked to class; to kiss him goodbye after school when they had to part ways; to cuddle into his side at Himchan's movie nights; to ring him at two in the morning if he couldn't sleep or had a bad dream and know that Daehyun would do whatever it took to make him feel okay.

If he was allowed. Which he wasn't, and he'd always been a dutiful child. So why was he feeling the urge to say 'screw the rules' and kiss Daehyun until they could no longer breath?

“Now, can we get on this thing or not?” Daehyun said, gesturing to the large Ferris wheel behind him.

With a smile, Youngjae nodded and the two of them entered the carriage the Ferris wheel operator held open for them. It was a small, intimate, compartment made of smooth silver metal with a large strip of thick glass going sideways around the middle so the people in the carriage could see outside as they circled.

The operator announced that the ride was about to begin and Youngjae eagerly looked out the window. As they ascended, his eyes grew wider. He had never been much of an admirer of landscapes, but he had to admit the view was breathtaking.

“It's beautiful,” Youngjae said softly as the Ferris wheel neared it's peak and he looked upon Seoul from a (literally) whole new perspective.

“Yeah, I know,” Daehyun muttered, his eyes locked on Youngjae, not even remotely interested in the city below them. “Youngjae?” Daehyun whispered, as if he didn't quite want Youngjae to hear him.

“Yea-”

Youngjae froze – because Daehyun was kissing him. Daehyun's lips, his soft, plump, pink lips that Youngjae had always wondered about, were on his. He could feel a fire building in his chest and butterflies in his stomach.

And then the sensation was gone.

“Daehyun, I-” Youngjae started but was cut off again by Daehyun's shaky voice.

“Wait. I need you to hear me out,” Daehyun sighed. “First of all; I'm sorry I just stole your first kiss like that.”

“Dae-” Youngjae wanted to tell him his first kiss couldn't have been more perfect (after all, it was with a gorgeous guy that adores him, at the top of a Ferris wheel. It was like something from a Disney movie) but Daehyun kept speaking.

“But I can't just be your friend, Jae. I like you! More than I probably should – more than is considered healthy. I've only known you for a few weeks, but it's like every time I see you I can't see anything else,”

“I-” Youngjae wanted to say that he felt the same, but he didn't get the chance.

“You drive me crazy, and I know you like me too. I understand you not wanting to disobey your parents, but isn't it better to break a rule – a stupid rule at that – and be happy, rather than listen to your parents and spend your life thinking 'what if'? I want to be more than friends. I want to be the only person that makes your heart beat faster. I want to be the one you rely on. Please, let me be that person Jae. I don't care if I have to-”

Youngjae finally managed to shut Daehyun up in the best way – with a kiss. Youngjae's hands flew into Daehyun's hair at the same time Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's hips, pulling him closer. Feeling bold, Daehyun swiped his tongue along Youngjae's lower lip, asking the other blonde's permission to enter. Youngjae opened his mouth and let out a soft moan when Dae's tongue danced with his own.

And then the realisation hit Daehyun like he'd just walked into a brick wall. He was kissing Yoo Youngjae! For the second time!

Breathing heavily, Daehyun pulled away.

“What are you doing?” Daehyun asked, a confused frown on his face.

A bone-melting smile formed on Youngjae's kiss-bruised lips.

“I do believe,” the younger said, wrapping his arms around Daehyun's neck, “that I'm kissing my boyfriend.”

And with that, Daehyun bridged the gap between them.

Youngjae knew he was in deep trouble.

He had stumbled out of the closet he didn't even realise he was trapped in and now, he was falling fast with nothing there to slow him down. The only thing keeping him sane was knowing that Daehyun was falling alongside him – only, Daehyun was falling even faster, just so he could be there to catch Youngjae before he hit the ground.

X x X x X

Yay DaeJae beebees are together!! But don't worry; the story is far from over!! There is still a rollercoaster ride (see what I did there?) of happiness, fluffiness, sadness and angst to come!

I apologise for not updating since ever, but if you would like to know why I dropped off the face of the earth, know I didn't forget you all and feel free to PM me because I'm not comfortable talking about it in such a public place as this.

One last thing, I've been getting a lot of PM's, so I just wanted to say that you're all welcome to send me a friend request because I accept them all :)

I hope you liked the chapter and please leave me a comment! The next chapter will be posted tomorrow to make up for the total lack of updates.