{Chapter Thirty}

No Boys Allowed!

When they were finished at the doctor’s office, Youngjae went to call a cab but Daehyun had different ideas as he tugged on his boyfriend’s hand, leading him down a random street.

“Where are you taking me Daehyunnie?” Youngjae asked as he followed his boyfriend.

“I don’t know where exactly, but we’re going on a date today.” Daehyun said, slowing his pace so he fell into step with Youngjae.

“And when did we decide this?” Youngjae questioned, his hold on Daehyun’s hand tightening as their clasped hands swung happily between them.

We didn’t, I did, just now.”

“I'm mean to stay off my feet.”

“And I have many plans for that, but a few more hours won’t hurt you. Besides, I know you’re going to hate being bedridden for the next few months so you might as well enjoy the next couple of hours.”

“And what if I don’t want to go on a date with you?” Youngjae playfully nudged his shoulder. “I mean you haven’t even asked me.”

Dramatically, Daehyun got on one knee before Youngjae. Youngjae looked around, but no one on the bustling street seemed to care that there was a man on one knee before another man in public.

“Yoo Youngjae, my super y, gorgeous, beautiful, pretty, adorable boyfriend who I am so crazy in love with,” he took Youngjae’s hand, smiling brightly as Youngjae laughed (he loved that laugh, and the way Youngjae’s eyes crinkle when he laughs sends Daehyun’s heart fluttering like mad). “Would you do me the honour of going on a date with me?”

Youngjae let out another loud bark of a laugh. “Of course I will.”

Daehyun sprung up and kissed Youngjae’s cheek. “Then let’s go.”

They walked down a few streets until Daehyun saw a place that caught his eye. He dragged Youngjae across the street by the hand, ignoring his protests of ‘watch where you’re going!’

He stopped before a bakery and Youngjae’s eyes sparkled happily.

“Daehyunnie! This is the City Bakery from and the City!” he exclaimed happily.

“I know.” Daehyun said, kissing his boyfriend’s smiling lips.  “Could I please get one pretzel croissant and one brownie?”

The lady at the counter nodded and went to get their food. When she returned, Daehyun thanked her and passed her the money.

They sat at a park bench. Daehyun gave half the croissant and half of the brownie to Youngjae. Daehyun watched as his boyfriend ate. How did he get so lucky to have Youngjae? He remembered the first time they met that fateful day in Advanced Chemistry (he mentally thanked his father for making him take one advanced subject). He remembered the way he felt the moment he saw the then-blonde. He was never one to believe in love at first sight, but the boy beside him has changed his views.

It feels like so long ago now that he was trying to woo Youngjae. Back when he was asking advice from Yongguk and flirting with Youngjae every way he knew how. He remembered how close he was to kissing Youngjae at the movie night, and their real first kiss at the top of the Ferris wheel not to mention the butterflies he got when Youngjae called him his boyfriend. All of those things were stepping stones to get them to this point, incredibly in love and about to start a family.

“What should we call our child, Jae?” he asked and finally took a bite of the pretzel croissant (which tasted heavenly, he might add).

“I haven’t really thought of any names yet to be honest.” Youngjae admitted.

“I was wondering, if it’s okay with you of course, if we have a boy could we name him Tae Sun, after my grandfather? As you know, my dad isn’t the nicest person and it was my grandpa that really taught me what it is to be a man.” Daehyun said, avoiding eye contact with Youngjae as he confessed.

Youngjae hooked his finger under Daehyun’s chin and turned the elder’s face to his own. His gaze flickered from Daehyun’s eyes to his lips for a brief second before bridging the gap between them. The kiss was sweet, tasting like brownie and croissant, and desperate as Youngjae tried to pour all of his love for Daehyun into it. He didn’t know that he could fall more in love with this man, but he was just proved wrong.

“Of course Dae,” Youngjae said. “I wish I’d had the chance to meet him. He seems like a great person.”

Daehyun nodded, his eyes shining with tears that he wasn’t going to shed. “I wish that too, Jae-ah.”

“So do you have any ideas for the name of a girl?” Youngjae asked.

Dae thought for a moment. “Maybe we could combine our mothers’ names? Sun Jin?”

Youngjae screwed up his nose. “That’s such a cliché though. I’ve always liked the name Min Ji for a girl, but if you hate the name then we can-”

“Youngjae I love it.” He left a chaste kiss on Youngjae's irresistible lips. “I love you and if you love something, I love it.”

Youngjae smiled softly. He wrapped his arms around Daehyun, nuzzling his face into the elder’s neck. Daehyun’s hand came up to Youngjae’s hair softly, the other arm wrapping around his torso. He felt the pregnant boy’s body start to shake and grew worried.

“Jae baby? Are you okay?” he asked soothingly but the other boy said nothing. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

Youngjae shook his head. He spoke and although his words were muffled by Daehyun’s neck and shoulder, the elder understood him perfectly.

“Nothing is wrong.” He said. “I’m just happy.”

Daehyun smiled. Youngjae detached from Dae, sitting up and wiping his eyes.

“I really like it here.” Daehyun said, leaning back into the bench and looking around at the crowded, hustling streets.

“Me too,” Youngjae said. Now was the perfect time to breach the subject he’d been working toward talking to Daehyun about all week. “There’s actually something I’ve been wanting to discuss with you.”

“What is it? You can talk to me about anything, you know?”

Youngjae nodded. “I know. I just don’t know how you’re going to react to this.” Daehyun gestured for him to continue. “I love it here, Daehyun. Since I’ve been here I’ve fallen in love with everything about this place; the people, the city, the culture. I mean, how many times have we kissed in the middle of the street now and no one’s batted an eyelid. Homophobia is such a big thing in Korea and I don’t want to have to hide or be shunned for being with you. I don’t want my child growing up in a place where two men or two women are frowned upon for together. That being said, after we graduate next year, I’d like us to move here, permanently. Only if that’s okay with you, because I don’t want to go anywhere if you won’t be with me.”

“I’ve already told you, Youngjae,” Daehyun took both of Youngjae’s hands in his own and kissed every inch of his boyfriend’s face. “I’ll follow you wherever you go. It’d be my pleasure to follow you back here.”

“Really?” Youngjae’s eyes were shining. He wasn’t expecting Daehyun to agree so easily. “But your whole life is in Korea.”

“No jagiya, my life is right here. My life is you and our little Tae Sun or Min Ji.” Daehyun said and after one last kiss to Youngjae’s cheek, he stood up from the bench and pulled Youngjae up with him. “Come on, there are a couple more things I want to do.”

Daehyun said and they began their adventure again. Youngjae was confused when they stopped before a hair salon.

“Dae, what are we doing here?”

“Well, I’ve been thinking about what you said about new beginnings and I’ve decided it’s time to get rid of the blonde.” He said.

“I like the blonde.” Youngjae said, running a hand through Daehyun’s locks.

“I do too, but I feel like that part of my life is over. I was young and naïve when I got it done. I'm more mature now; I have a boyfriend who I'm so in love with and I'm about to be a father. It’s time for something more toned down.”

Youngjae watched as the hairdresser cut Daehyun’s luscious locks shorter and dyed them a dark black, per Daehyun’s request. Youngjae sat beside him and watched. It was such a small thing, but it seemed to bring on such a big change to Youngjae. They were both changing, they were growing, they were maturing and they were doing it all together. Youngjae couldn’t be more proud to of his relationship with the elder.

“What do you think?” Daehyun asked, flashing Youngjae a quick blue steel. Youngjae took in his new appearance. Short black hair styled up at the front like a wave.

“I think you look good.” He admitted truthfully. “Though, I'm afraid you’re now so hot you’re going to be even more full of yourself.”

Daehyun snorted a laugh.

“Please, I know I look hot, but you’re the one that’s going to be full of me.” He said with a wink. Youngjae went red and was about to protest but Daehyun stopped him. He sat him down at a table outside a small café. “There’s one more thing I need to get. You wait here, okay? Excuse me, waitress! Could you please get this wonderful boy a spearmint milkshake? Thank you.” He dropped some money on the table for the waitress and then ran off, leaving Youngjae stunned.

Your boyfriend?” the waitress asked with a smile as she picked up the money.

Mm-hmm, sorry about him. He’s an idiot.” Youngjae apologised to her for Daehyun’s behaviour.

True, but he’s an idiot that is obviously crazy about you.”

Yeah he is.” Youngjae smiled and she left to get Youngjae’s milkshake.

The brunette had no idea what was taking Daehyun so long. He had been gone for nearly 20 minutes now and Youngjae was getting impatient as he tapped his foot and sipped his milkshake.

“I’m back!” Daehyun exclaimed as he bolted around the café, stopping before Youngjae. Out of breath for all the wrong reasons, he took Youngjae’s milkshake and drank a large mouthful of it. “Sorry I took so long, I got a little lost.”

“It’s alright.” Youngjae shrugged.

“Ready to go to the last destination?” Daehyun asked and held out a hand to Jae. The latter took it, standing up and smiling.

“Lead the way Daehyunnie.” He said.

The last destination turned out to be Times Square. They stood dead in the centre as cars flew by and people of all ages and ethnicities walked around them.

“Wow~” Youngjae exclaimed as he looked around him. Billboards lit up the sky and everything everywhere was moving.

Daehyun’s hands came up to hold Youngjae’s face and he planted a kiss on Youngjae’s lips. It was passionate and loving and absolutely perfect. The butterflies in Youngjae’s stomach soared higher when he felt Daehyun’s tongue press against his lips, silently and desperately asking to be let in. Youngjae gave his permission, parting his plush lips ever so slightly. Daehyun made the most of the invitation, exploring Youngjae’s cavern for the nth time. They didn’t part until they both were out of breath and for the second time that day, Daehyun got down on one knee.

“Yoo Youngjae,” he said, pulling a small box out of his pocket and opening it to reveal to his boyfriend two plain silver bands. “I love you. I'm so in love with you I go crazy when I'm not with you. You are the love of my life, the reason I breathe, the father of my child and I couldn’t be happier. You mean more to me than you could ever know. I know I'm going to marry you one day and I know that if I proposed right now you’d say yes, but I know that we’re too young for that yet. Think of these rings as a promise; a promise that one day I’ll propose and one day we’ll say ‘I do’ and that I’ll love you forever. Please accept my love Youngjae.”

Youngjae let go of a breath he didn’t realise he was holding onto. Tears were streaming down his face and he probably looked like a fool but he could care less.

“Of course I do you pabo!” he said followed by a sob.

Beaming, Daehyun stood up and pulled out the ring with ‘Forever Daehyun’s’ inscribed onto it. He slid the ring over Youngjae’s ring finger and let Youngjae put the ring that said ‘Forever Youngjae’s’ onto Daehyun’s finger. Daehyun couldn’t help kissing him again, their tears mixing into it.

All around them people cat called and wolf whistled and clapped and cheered.

For the first time in nearly two months, Youngjae’s future looked bright.

X x X x X

Oh my god it's nearly the end!! There's only two chapters and an epilogue until the story is over!