{Chapter Twenty-One}

No Boys Allowed!

Himchan stood at the foot of the stairs.

“Umma? Appa? Are you guys’ home?” Himchan called into the abyss that was his house. He wasn't expecting an answer; they were never home, so it was really pointless to ask. Still, he found himself trying once more, just in case someone was home and didn't hear him. “Hello? Anyone?”

“Oh, Himchan,” a thick female voice came into hearing. “Look, I'm about to go out with some of my friends, but here,” Himchan's mother pulled out her wallet and shoved a wad of cash into Himchan's hands. “Have some money. Go do something with those friends of yours, what were their names again? Zero and Youngbae? Either way, go out, have some fun. Maybe ask out that rapper boy you like so much.”

“Mother,” Himchan sighed. “I've already told you; his name is Yongguk and he's my boyfriend now.”

“Oh, sweetie, that's lovely!” she smiled.

“Yeah,” the boy replied, not believing what his mother was saying. “Where's dad?”

“He's at work; all of our money doesn't grow on trees!” She smiled. For some reason, the comment made Himchan mad.

“Anyway, I have to run otherwise I’m going to be late! See you later son!” And with that last statement, his mother was out the door.

Himchan sighed. It was stupid of him to think that either of his parents would be home, let alone want to spend time with him. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he decided to call Yongguk.

Hey! Channie!” His voice alone made Himchan smile.

“Hello Gukkie,” Himchan replied, still a little bit upset about his mother.

How is my gorgeous boyfriend today?” the rapper asked.

“I dunno, ask him.”

I believe I just did,” Yongguk said, then asked. “Are you okay?”

“I'm fine, it's nothing,” he told him. All Himchan wanted to do was spend some time with Yongguk and forget about the neglect his parents made him feel. He put his phone on speaker and set it down on the bench so he could make himself an iced Americano. “Do you want to hang out with me today?”

I always want to hang out with you, Himchan,” Yongguk told him honestly. “What did you have in mind?”

“Actually, I hadn't thought that far ahead,” the black-haired senior confessed.

Yongguk's laugh reached Himchan's ears. “Well, how do you feel about bowling?”

Himchan shrugged, and then realised that Yongguk wasn't able to see him.

“I've never been,” he admitted.

What?!” Yongguk exclaimed. “You’ve never been bowling?

“Nope,” he said casually.

Well, I’m taking you today then!

“Alright,” Himchan agreed. He didn't care what they were going to do, as long as his boyfriend was there. “I'm paying though.”

There's no arguing with you, is there?

“Nuh-uh,” the pretty boy answered smugly.

Okay. How long do you need to get ready?

“About half an hour,” he didn't want to waste time taking too long to get ready today, he just wanted Yongguk. “But, um, you can come over now if you don't mind waiting for me,”

The brunette chuckled. “Chan, you know I have no problem waiting for you. I'll be there in five minutes,

“Okay, see you soon Gukkie,”

Bye,

Click. The call ended.

Yongguk was knocking at the door by the time Himchan had finished his iced Americano.

Himchan all but ran to the door when his boyfriend arrived. He swung the door open and immediately planted a kiss on Yongguk's plump lips.

“Whoa, someone's happy to see me.” Yongguk commented and then pulled Himchan back in for a kiss. The elder felt Himchan's lips pull into a smile against his own.

“I need to get ready,” Himchan said. “You can make yourself comfortable down here and watch some TV or something, or you can come and keep me company. Your choice,”

Yongguk flashed Himchan a small smile. “Chan, I didn't come here to watch your television,”

Himchan smiled back.

As Himchan got ready for the day, the two boys didn't talk much. Yongguk just lay on Himchan's bed, alternating between staring at the roof and staring at his boyfriend. Himchan changed into a pair of deep blue jeans and a loose fitting pink V-neck T-shirt. He styled his hair up, not bothering to straighten it, and sprayed it with a coat of hairspray.

“I'm ready,” he said as he re-entered his room. Yongguk was still sitting on his bed, his rich brown eyes following Himchan's every move.

“No makeup today?” Yongguk asked. It was very unlike Himchan to go out without some sort of cosmetics on his face.

Himchan shook his head. “Not today.”

Yongguk got off of the bed and took three steps until he was standing before his boyfriend.

“What?” the diva shyly asked as Yongguk's hand rose to cup his face tenderly.

“You,” Yongguk answered. His eyes scanned Himchan’s face. “You’re beautiful.”

Himchan looked down at his feet. “I-”

“Stop. You. Are. Beautiful. Okay? I’m glad you aren’t wearing makeup; you don’t need it,”

Himchan nodded and kissed the sweet man that was his boyfriend.

X x X x X

When they entered the bowling alley, Himchan noticed that there were only five other people there – a young couple, and an older couple with their little son. To the left of the entrance, there was a section where you could eat and order food. To the right, there were arcade games – pool, three types of pinball, motorbike and car racing games, even a few shooting games. Directly ahead, there were seven bowling lanes with glow in the dark pins and bumpers. For a place that always seemed so childish to him, Himchan was in awe.

“Can I help you?” the young girl at the register asked to get the attention of the boys.

“Hi,” Yongguk was the one to answer her. He flashed her his signature gummy smile and Himchan didn’t fail to notice the blush fall across her cheeks. They decided to just try one game for now, in case Himchan wasn’t that into it. Yongguk told her their shoe sizes and received the red and navy blue bowling shoes. Himchan just glared at the girl who was acting so cute to his boyfriend.

“And did you want the bumpers on or off?” she asked.

Yongguk looked to Himchan and raised an eyebrow. “Chan?”

“What?” Himchan scoffed. “You think I can’t do it without the bumpers? I’m not five, Gukkie,”

“Okay,” Yongguk said with a shrug, “Your choice. No bumpers please,”

The girl nodded, smiled, and got their lane ready.

Himchan chose a mid-size, bright pink bowling ball. Yongguk chose a large red one, showing off his strength to Himchan.

It was Yongguk’s turn to bowl first. His form was perfect and it earned him a strike on the first go. Himchan pouted when it was his turn.

“Need any help babe?” Yongguk asked.

“No, I can do it myself!” Himchan replied sassily.

Trying to copy what Yongguk did, he walked swiftly forward and rolled the ball down the runway. It barely got half a metre down the lane before rolling sideways into the gutter. Himchan shot an icy glare at the ball and folded his arms, retreating to the seat beside Yongguk as he waited for his ball to return.

Yongguk bit his fist to stop his laughter.

“It’s okay Channie; it’s only your first time,” he soothed.

“So? It’s not rocket science! This should be easy,”

“Sure you don’t want help?” he offered. Once again, Himchan refused.

The diva re-approached the bowling lane with a new found determination. He tried again, keeping his posture straight his feet firmly in place.

The ball made it halfway before falling into the gutter.

For Yongguk’s second turn, he got a spare with only two balls refusing to fall. He swiftly knocked them down on his second turn.

“Yongguk,” Himchan asked quietly when it was his turn.

“Yes baby?” Yongguk responded sweetly.

“Can you please help me?”

Yongguk chuckled at the adorable voice Himchan put on. “Of course,”

He and his boyfriend stood at the foot of the lane. Yongguk stood closely behind Himchan – so close that his crotch was pressed against Himchan’s rear, making both boys struggle to stay calm. Yongguk’s large hand covered Himchan’s petite one, his free hand was Himchan's side lovingly. Together, they let the ball roll down the lane. Four pins were knocked over this time.

Himchan clapped happily and spun around to hug Yongguk. The rapper smiled at how adorable his boyfriend was.

Yongguk helped Himchan each turn – they both knew it was just an excuse to get close to each other, but they couldn’t care less – but Yongguk still won the game.

Pouting like a sore loser, Himchan suggested they eat something.

They took a seat in the diner section of the alley and each picked up a menu.

“What are you going to get, Channie?” Yongguk closely watched the way Himchan’s face scrunched up and softened as he scanned the items on the menu.

The black-haired boy shrugged.

“I don’t know. I might just get some hot chips; would you like to share?”

“Of course, but I’m a growing man; so I’m also getting a burger!”

Himchan rolled his eyes at his boyfriend, who was now flexing his muscles and kissing his biceps.

The same girl that served them at the register approached their table.

“Hi,” she smiled at Himchan, but it was nothing compared to the adorable eye-smile she gave Yongguk. “What can I get you today?”

“I’ll get a large lemonade and a burger with everything.” Yongguk smiled to her, not even noticing the jealous looks his boyfriend was sending their way.

“Ooh, good choice oppa!” she said with a girly giggle.

“I’ll have a large chips and a regular spearmint milkshake,” Himchan said, maybe a little too loudly, to get her attention away from his boyfriend.

“A large?” She questioned as she jotted the order down on her pad. “I wish I could eat that much, but my body is my best feature. It’s always nice to see people who don’t care about how they look, though!” she said all too happily and walked away to get their orders before Himchan could reply.

“Is she serious?” Himchan exclaimed, to himself mostly.

“What?” Yongguk frowned.

“Did you not hear what she just said to me?”

Yongguk shrugged. “I don’t think she said anything wrong,”

Himchan decided to let the conversation drop, he didn’t see the point trying to explain it to Yongguk. Obviously, the elder didn’t care enough about Himchan to stick up for him so why should the diva have to argue about it?

As they ate, Yongguk tried making small talk and Himchan tried not to let his insecurities get the best of him. He tried to ignore the way that girl kept smiling and waving at Yongguk, and the voice in his head telling him that Yongguk would rather be with her. He tried to ignore the sinking feeling in his stomach caused by the thought that he was screwing up the best relationship he’ll ever have with his paranoid thoughts.

They played one more game of bowling. The bumpers were on this time, and Yongguk deliberately messed up shots to increase Himchan’s chances of winning without outright letting him win. Unfortunately, Himchan still lost.

At the end of their date they returned their bowling shoes and Himchan paid, despite Yongguk’s protests.

Himchan was about to open the passenger side door of Yongguk’s Jeep, but a hand on his wrist stopped him.

“What?” Himchan asked.

“Baby, are you okay?” the elder asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” the beautiful boy replied as he looked down at his feet. Suddenly, his head snapped up to meet Yongguk’s eyes. “Actually, no I’m not. That girl basically called me fat, she flirted with you in front of me the whole time, and you didn’t even care! God, I couldn’t help but think that maybe you’d rather be with her,”

“Himchan, you shouldn’t care if some insignificant girl makes a stupid comment about your appearance; you’re beautiful and everybody knows it. Besides, the only person’s opinion that should matter is mine, and I think you’re perfect the way you are,” Yongguk said. He stepped closer to Himchan, making the latter take a step back. His back hit the car with a light thud. “And why would I want to be with her, when the boy I love is right here with me?”

“L-love?” Himchan’s voice was timid – no one he’d been with had ever said that to him before.

“Love,” Yongguk nodded and kissed Himchan as though he were his life support. The younger’s hands flew up into Yongguk’s hair, and Yongguk’s hands found their way to Himchan's backside.

“Umma,” Himchan faintly heard a familiar voice say. It was the young boy from the bowling alley. “Why are those boys kissing like that?”

“Well because they love each other, sweetie,” the child’s mother told him.

Himchan smiled into the kiss.

“But shouldn’t they be kissing girls?” the boy asked.

“No,” this time it was the kid’s father speaking. “Not all boys love girls; just like not all girls love boys. People are allowed to love whoever they want,”

“So, when I grow up, I’m allowed to love boys too?”

“Of course you are little man,” the boy’s father said before they were out of earshot.

Himchan broke the kiss.

“Bang Yongguk, I love you,”

Yongguk kissed Himchan’s cheek, his nose grazing along Himchan’s.

“And I love you, Kim Himchan,”

X x X x X

Thought it was time for some BangHim love n_n

Comment and/or upvote if you're liking this story so far!!!

P.S. Remember the Jeep...

P.P.S. I think I fixed this chapter but let me know if I didn't