{Chapter Two}

No Boys Allowed!

The moment he reached the school, Youngjae headed for the Science Block.

“Uh, Youngjae?” a slightly familiar voice said. Youngjae spun around so quickly he gaave himself a head spin.

He vaguely recognised the boy before him. He was short with light brown hair, a lean yet muscular build and a smile taking up most of his face.

“Hi,” Youngjae said, rushing it slightly since he just wanted to get to Advanced Chem and see Daehyun. “Moon Jonghyun, right?”

The other boy laughed embarrassedly to himself.

“Jongup, actually. But it's fine, we've never really talked before,”

“Oh sorry about that,” Youngjae apologised. “So, what did you need me for?”

“I was just wondering why you're heading towards the Science Block,” he answered.

Youngjae cocked his head to the side like a confused puppy. “Where else would I be going?”

“The Religion Block? Don't you have Study of Religion in Other Cultures first up today?”

Youngjae stared at him for a moment, paused, and took out his timetable for this term. He internally cringed; Jongup was right. He was so eager to see Daehyun, that he didn't even remember he didn't have Chem until third period.

And then it dawned on Youngjae that he had barely ever said two words to Jongup; so how did he know his schedule?

“Wait how did you know that?” Youngjae shot him an accusatory glare. “You aren't stalking me are you?”

Jongup laughed again, this time full of mirth. Youngjae noted that he liked Jongup's laugh. It was the kind of laugh that made you want to laugh with him, even if you hadn't heard the joke.

“No, I'm not, but I'm seriously afraid that my brother might be,”

“Brother?” Youngjae questioned. “Who's your brother?”

This time, it was Jongup that stared at the other as if he were an alien.

“Jung Daehyun,” he said as if it were the only possible answer.

What?” Youngjae's jaw dropped to the floor. That wasn't the answer he was expecting. “But he's new! And you have different last names! How is he your brother?”

“My umma married his appa, and here we are,” the cheerful boy replied. “Anyway, I better go – and so should you – the first bell is about to ring,”

Jongup waved goodbye to Youngjae and walked off. Youngjae checked his watch and saw that he had less than two minutes to get to the other side of the school.

He ran as fast as he could without tripping over – nearly dropping his books three times along the way. When he reached the classroom, his face was red, his chest was heaving, his hair was a mess and the teacher had already begun his lecture causing everyone in the room to turn and stare at him.

“Mr Yoo, how nice of you to join us today,”

Youngjae bowed repeatedly. “Mianhe seongsaeng-nim”

“Just take a seat and don't be late again,” he said sternly.

“Of course, seongsaeng-nim,” Youngjae bowed again. He was about to search for a seat when he heard a shiver-inducing deep voice.

“Hey cutie. I knew you'd be here so I saved you a seat,” Daehyun called out happily.

Youngjae's face went bright red as he knew that the entire class – including their teacher – just heard Daehyun call him 'cutie'. With completely fake reluctance (there weren't actually any other seats, and he maybe, kinda, sorta wanted to sit next to Daehyun again) he took the seat Daehyun had reserved for him.

When he was seated, the teacher resumed his lecture and the students went back to sleeping and gossiping.

“Next time you feel the need to use an inaccurate pet name in relation to me, would you please do it in a more appropriate setting,” Youngjae said so quietly that only Daehyun could hear him. He was still looking ahead at the teacher so not to get caught talking yet out of the corner of his eye, Youngjae could see Daehyun smirking.

“I like it when you use big words,” Dae replied, his low voice seeming to dig it's way into the bottom of Youngjae's heart and stay there.

Youngjae rolled his eyes.

“And...” he paused, turning slightly to look at Daehyun properly. It'd only been a day, but Youngjae had forgotten how good-looking Daehyun was. “Just for future reference, I prefer the middle row,”

“Noted,” Daehyun nodded, a smile tugging at the corners of his (in Youngjae's opinion, totally kissable) lips. “So, why were you late?”

Youngjae blushed, remembering his little schedule-mishap (and the cause of it).

“I was talking to your brother, actually,” Youngjae raised an eyebrow. Daehyun tried to save that image in his mind for a rainy day.

“Oh you know Jongup?”

“Not really, he was just telling me some concerns he had,”

“Concerns? About what?”

“You?”

“Me?” Daehyun looked at Youngjae curiously. “Tell me, what concerns does my brother have?”

Youngjae shrugged nonchalantly. “He just thinks you might be stalking me,”

Daehyun bit his lip and said, a little bashfully, “he might be right,”

Youngjae laughed quietly. “Why? I can't be interesting enough to warrant stalking,”

“You know when a teenage girl sees a cute idol on tv?” Daehyun explained. Youngjae nodded. “It's like that,”

For a minute, they just smiled at each other. The teacher snapped them out of their reverie.

“Mr Jung, Mr Yoo, is there something you'd like to share with the class?”

Youngjae cleared his throat, looking away from Daehyun. “No sir,”

Daehyun, on the other would've had no problem sharing his thoughts on Youngjae with the rest of the class. He thought Youngjae was adorable and smart and interesting and all other nice things. The only problem was that he didn't think Youngjae would appreciate that very much and as he was trying to win over said boy, he thought that might not have been the smartest thing to do. So instead, he just said “no sir,”

“Good,” their teacher said, “so stop talking and start writing down your notes,”

X x X x X

Daehyun and Youngjae had to part after that class (Youngjae had Level Five Algebra and Daehyun had Music Studies) but not before Daehyun promised to text Youngjae that night.

Daehyun had just entered the Music room when a guy with a wide, gummy smile and a deep voice offered him the seat beside him. Being at a new school and not wanting to turn down any possible new friends, he accepted the seat and introduced himself. He learned three important things in the spare five minutes before class started. One; the guy's name was Bang Yongguk and he was a senior. Two; since there weren't all that many music students at TS High, there was only the one class and it was compiled of all year groups (hence why Daehyun, a junior, was in the same class as Bang Yongguk, a senior). And three; news travels faster than a speeding bullet at this school. Everyone knows everything and that's how Bang Yongguk, senior, a man that Daehyun met not ten minutes ago, already knew that Daehyun was into Youngjae.

“But how can you even know that?” Daehyun asked incredulously.

“I told you; news travels fast,” Yongguk shrugged.

“I'm hardly news,”

“You're a new, attractive, male student, who ignores everyone else and immediately flirts wildly with one of the biggest nobodies in the whole school – who is also male – and besides, everyone knows he doesn't date,” Yongguk stated effortlessly. “So, yeah, that's news,”

Daehyun stared at Yongguk, completely gobsmacked.

“Okay so what do I do?” Daehyun shrugged. “I don't want to just give up on him,”

“Yeah, I know how that feels,” Yongguk said, although Daehyun got the feeling he was talking more to himself. “Well why don't you just ask him to go to the Fund-Raiser Festival with you?” Yongguk suggested.

“The what?” Daehyun frowned.

“The Fund-Raiser Festival. It's a festival the school holds at the beginning of every year to raise money for renovations, school trips, new equipment, all that stuff. It's coming up in about three weeks time and technically it is a school event, so you could just ask to go as friends; it'll be a start, at least,”

“That's a great idea!” Daehyun exclaimed, making everyone stare for a moment. “Thanks, Yongguk,”

“It's no problem,” Yongguk replied just as the teacher walked in and class started.

Although Music Studies was his favourite class, Daehyun spent the entire time thinking of all the fun he and Youngjae could have at the fair.

X x X x X

I thought a double-update would be a good way to start the story.