{Chapter Four}

No Boys Allowed!

It was now Friday and Youngjae still hadn't given Daehyun an answer. He knows Daehyun said just as friends, but there were a few things wrong with that. One; he didn't think that 'just friends' was all Daehyun had in his mind. Two; Youngjae wanted to be more than 'just friends' with Daehyun too. Three; he clearly wasn't allowed to even think problem number two.

Something small and round hit Youngjae in the face, dropping to the table and rolling away. He looked down and saw that it was a pea Himchan must've thrown.

“Youngjae, are you even listening to me?” Himchan nagged, getting ready to fling another one of his peas at his friend.

“Uh-huh,” he replied, still staring at his lunch tray blankly.

“Distracted much?” Himchan said, resting his elbow on the table, his head propped up on his hand.

“Sorry hyung,” Youngjae snapped out of it. He looked up and saw the bright pink hair of his friend Junhong. Beside him was none other than the brother of the man plaguing Youngjae's thoughts, Moon Jongup. The two youngest boys sat down at the table. “Hi Junhong, hi Jongup,”

“Hey hyungs,” they greeted at the same time.

“I see you already know Jongup hyung,” Junhong said.

“Yeah we met a few days ago,” Youngjae said.

“Well, Himchan hyung,” Junhong turned to the black-haired senior on his left. “This is my new friend, Moon Jongup,”

“Hello Himchan hyung,” Jongup bowed as much as he could while sitting.

“Hi Jongup,” Himchan greeted with a smile. He leaned in closer to Junhong. “Have you invited him to our movie night yet?” Himchan asked Junhong quietly.

Pink dusted Junhong's cheeks. “A-Aniyo. I was going to but I wasn't sure if it would be okay with you, since it's at your house this weekend,”

“Junhong-ah, you know I have no problem with having cute boys at my house!” he replied.

Junhong glanced worriedly to his right at Jongup who, thankfully, seemed oblivious to the situation.

“Hyung, please don't scare off my new friend!” Junhong pouted childishly.

“Aish, just invite him already!” Himchan urged, going back to his lunch.

“Jongup hyung,” Junhong asked, looking back to Jongup, “Do you like horror movies?”

“I haven't seen many, but sure,” Jongup shrugged, his smile never leaving his face. “Why is that, Junhong?”

“Well, every weekend me, Youngjae hyung and Himchan hyung have a movie night at one of our houses'. This weekend it's Himchan hyung's and the movie theme is horror movies. You're welcome to come, I mean, if you want,”

“Sure,” Jongup nodded happily.

“Hey, Chan, if Junhong's inviting a new friend, do you mind if I do too?” Youngjae asked, his head popping up like a meerkat.

“The more the merrier. I just need to run it by umma, but it shouldn't be a problem,” Himchan said.

Youngjae instantly got out his phone and sent a text to Daehyun.

To: Daehyunnie
From: Youngjae <3
Are you busy tomorrow night?

Youngjae didn't see the point in useless formalities and preferred to just get to the point. He almost instantly got a reply.

To: Youngjae <3
From: Daehyunnie
Hey cutie!! No, I'm not busy. Why? Have a romantic date in mind? ;)

Youngjae rolled his eyes and shook his head.

To: Daehyunnie
From: Youngjae <3
Not quite. My friends and I are having a movie night at Himchan hyung's place. I was wondering if you wanted to come along? Jongup is coming too.

Youngjae was a little surprised when he didn't immediately get a reply with some cheesy and completely false remark about how this will be their first date. In fact, he had to wait nearly a whole minute! Usually, Daehyun texted him back at the speed of light.

From: Daehyunnie
To: Youngjae <3
Is it cool if I bring someone?

Youngjae frowned at his phone. He basically just asked Daehyun out (okay, so there would be other people there, but that didn't matter) and he's asking if he can bring someone else?

'You have no right to be jealous, Youngjae,' a voice in the back of his mind said.

With a sigh, he texted back.

To: Daehyunnie
From: Youngjae <3
Yeah, that'll be fine. Jongup has the address.

With that, Youngjae put his phone (a little more harshly than necessary) in his pocket, not caring how many more times it vibrated due to Daehyun's texts.

“Okay, who was that?” Himchan asked, a curious smirk on his face.

“No one,” Youngjae mumbled. He slumped in his seat and began picking at his spaghetti with his fork.

“Come on Youngjae,” Himchan prodded. “You were smiling at your phone like an idiot. Who was it? I'm your best friend; you can tell me!”

“It was no one,” Youngjae snapped.

Himchan huffed.

“Fine, fine, don't tell your best friend,” he rolled his eyes. “So, is this person coming or not?”

“He is,” Youngjae said, stabbing angrily at the spaghetti. “And he's bringing a friend,”

The lunch bell rang, signalling that it was time to get back to class. Youngjae shoved his food away, swung his backpack over his shoulder, and exited the cafeteria without another word to any of his friends.

He cringed and sighed angrily when he remembered he had Study of Religion in Other Cultures right now. There was no way he could avoid Daehyun, so he had to settle for ignoring the elder. Or at least, trying to.

He took a set on the far left in the middle row, staring aimlessly out the window. He knew he was acting stupid; he didn't really have a reason to be mad at Daehyun, but he couldn't help but feel pissed off that Daehyun was moving on from him.

“Y-Youngjae oppa?” a girls voice snapped him out of his thoughts. Youngjae smiled at her.

“Neh?”

“Is it alright if I sit here?” she pointed to the empty seat beside Youngjae. He opened his mouth to reply, but someone beat him to it.

“No!” he heard a male's voice exclaim. Daehyun. He looked up to see Daehyun racing to sit beside him. “Sorry, this seat's taken,” he said and sat down, putting his bag on the desk and smiling at the girl who just walked away dejectedly.

Youngjae crossed his arms and glared at Daehyun.

“That was close,” Daehyun said, smiling at Youngjae.

“That was rude,”

“But... You wanted to sit next to me, right Jae?” Daehyun looked like a small child who had just found out Santa isn't real.

'Yes,' Youngjae's mind said, but out loud, he just huffed and went back to staring out the window.

“Youngjae, did I do something wrong?” Daehyun asked. There was no playfulness or cuteness to his voice. Youngjae's heart softened when he realised that Daehyun was asking genuinely.

Youngjae didn't answer.

“Please talk to me Jae,” he pleaded, laying a gentle had on Youngjae's shoulder.

Youngjae's tough exterior fell and he looked at Daehyun.

“It's just, you've spent all week flirting with me and trying to get me to go out with you. So, I invite you out with me – okay, yes, there will be other people there but still – and you want to bring someone else? If you were only interested in the chase you should've went after Himchan or something. I'm not like that, okay? I made a big move for me by inviting you to come to this movie night with me and you're bringing a date!” he rambled quickly, wanting the conversation to just be over.

“A-A date? You think I want to bring a date? Youngjae, you realise I'm going to spend this whole movie night thing ignoring everyone else and pretending we are on a date!” Daehyun stated rather loudly.

Youngjae blushed.

“Not so loud,” he said, looking around the classroom.

“Jae, I'm not only interested in the chase. In fact, the chase is driving me crazy! The friend I want to bring is into Himchan; that's why I wanted to invite him,” Daehyun smirked. “Of course, if it makes you this jealous, I’ll just tell him not to come,”

“I am not jealous!” he hissed.

“Yes you are,” Daehyun said matter of factly, “And it's adorable. Really, it's very endearing,”

Youngjae saw how Daehyun's gaze flickered down to his lips, then back up to meet his eyes. For a minute, Youngjae completely forgot where they were. He forgot that they were surrounded by people and he forgot his parent's stupid rule as both he and Daehyun were leaning in closer.

And then Youngjae's moment-ruining brain remembered all of these things and he shot back rapidly, completely red faced. Daehyun looked hurt, but said nothing as he faced the front of the class. Youngjae tried to focus on the class, ignoring the sharp pain he felt in his heart but no matter what, he couldn't get his mind off of what would've happened if he had have just moved forward that little bit more.


Poll results:

A) Bulk upload!!! Upload the whole story at once. - 2 votes
B) Update once a day. - 6 votes
C) Update once a week. - 10 votes
D) Update once a month. - 3 votes

Starting now (after this chapter, obviously) I will post a new chapter every week! I will call it Fantastic (Baby) Friday!

Don't forget to leave me a comment!