{Chapter Twelve}

No Boys Allowed!

Youngjae was dreading going home. He knew that the school would've already called his parents, informing them of his lack of attendance at school today. They – his mother, at least – would know he was with Daehyun. There's no doubt in Youngjae's mind that they'd know.

He took off his shoes as he came through the front door, leaving them by those belonging to his parents. When he entered the house it was quiet, apart from the light clanging of dishes coming from the kitchen. He walked through the entrance and the living room straight through to the kitchen. His mother was there, preparing the pots and pans to make dinner.

“Youngjae,” she said shortly, “I got a call from the school today.”

“I expected you to.” he replied, coming to sit on a stool at the island bench and not caring how rude he sounded.

“Were you with him?” she asked with a sigh, putting a chopping board down on the marble bench-top.

He has a name!” her son snapped.

“Were you with Daehyun?” she rephrased, pulling some vegetables out of the refrigerator.

Youngjae looked down at his hands. “Yes, I was.”

Sunhwa let out a long, tired sigh.

“Youngjae, I thought we talked about-”

“We did.” he replied, his words getting caught in the lump forming in his throat. “And I did what you wanted, okay? I broke up with him.”

Tears welled in Youngjae's eyes once more, and it hurt Sunhwa more than anything. She just wanted Youngjae to lead a happy, normal life; and that's why she can never tell him the reasoning behind the rule – even if that made him hate her.

“It's for your own good, Youngjae.” she assured him.

Youngjae got off the stool and muttered a small; “leave me alone.”

Once Youngjae was in the calm sanctuary of his own room, he threw his bag down onto the floor, jumped onto his bed and sobbed into his pillow to muffle the sound of his cries – he didn't want to give his mother the satisfaction of hearing him this upset.

He didn't know how long he'd been crying, missing Daehyun already, in his room when his message alert sounded.

Hesitantly, he picked up his phone to read the message.

The sender's name sent a bolt of pain through his chest and straight into his heart, like a fiery arrow sent to search and destroy.

To: Youngjae Jagiya <3
From: My Dae <3
Youngjae, I understand why you broke up with me, I really do. I respect that you don't want to upset your family – your big heart is one of the reasons I like you so much. But you need to understand something too. I'm not just about to give up on you because of your parents. What we have is real and we both know it and I'm not about to throw away someone as precious to me as you are.

Attached to the message, were three selcas that Daehyun had taken of the two of them. In the first they were at school, Daehyun's pillowy lips pressed up against Youngjae's smooth cheek – Junhong making a gagging motion in the background. The second photo was taken while they were at the carnival; Daehyun was smiling widely and holding up a peace sign while Youngjae was puffing out his cheeks with the perfect eye-smile. The last was taken only earlier that day, at the beach; Daehyun's arm was wrapped around Youngjae as he kissed the other blonde, the younger boy smiling into the kiss, as if nothing was wrong.

As if he wasn't about to crush both of their worlds.

X x X x X

Daehyun's mother greeted him at the door. Her arms were crossed over her chest and was in a stern line, yet the glint in her eyes told Daehyun that she wasn't really mad.

“Jung Daehyun, why weren't you at school today?” she inquired, continuing before waiting for an answer. “Were you with Youngjae?”

The lump of tears and sobs in Daehyun's throat got bigger at the mention of his name.

“Yeah, I was.”

Suddenly, YeJin was no longer looking stern, but smiling widely and hugging Daehyun tightly.

“Oh, my sweet boy!” she cooed loudly. “Tell me all about it!”

“He broke up with me.” his voice was flat, dead, numb.

He walked away from his speechless mother, his hand absentmindedly dialling Yongguk's number. He needed to regroup. He needed his best friend. He needed the only other person who believes in him and Youngjae.

X x X x X

Himchan was waiting outside his class, and he wasn't happy. Yongguk said he'd meet Himchan outside his last class of the day, but here he was, one minute and fifteen seconds after class had ended and he was standing outside the door, looking around for a hot music major like an idiot.

'I should've known he was just messing with me.' Himchan thought bitterly, starting to leave and hating himself for believing that lying piece of sh-

“Channie!”

Himchan spun on the heels of his feet. Maybe he was a bit rash getting mad at Yongguk – and of course, it wasn't the sound of Yongguk's deep, slightly-out-of-breath, velvet smooth voice that changed his mind.

“Gukkie!” he called, running up to jump into Yongguk's arms. The elder welcomed him with a chaste kiss. “I thought you might've forgotten about me already.” Himchan pouted cutely.

“How could I forget about my beautiful Himchannie?” the rapper kissed away Himchan's pout, grazing their noses together before setting Himchan back on his feet so to not get told off.

Himchan blushed deep, crimson red. Beautiful wasn't a word often associated with him. Usually, the terms of endearment were more ually-oriented; hot and y and irresistible and delicious – those are the words used to describe Himchan.

Before Himchan could reply, Zelo crashed through the wall the two boys had made.

“Choi Junhong!” Himchan scolded. “Where are your manners?”

“This isn't the time for that, Himchan! We need to go to Youngjae hyung! He just called me in tears, come on!” Junhong tugged on Himchan's sleeve.

Knowing his friend was upset, Himchan had to leave. He shot Yongguk a sorry, pleading look.

“It's fine, Channie. Go.” Yongguk assured him. Yongguk watched as Himchan ran off with Junhong.

He didn't realise he was still standing there until his own phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” he answered.

Hey, Guk.” Daehyun's voice greeted from the other side of the phone.

“Daehyun! I noticed you weren't in class today. Tell me you were having y times with another blonde named Youngjae or I’m going to be very disappointed.” he teased.

Yeah, I was with Jae. We went to the beach; he was topless, and he was in fact very y. And then he dumped me.

The line went silent for a minute.

“Oh, wow, dude I'm sorry. I know you really liked him.” Yongguk tried to comfort his friend.

“Liked? I still like him. Why are you talking like it's over between Jae and me?” Daehyun interrogated.

“Well...I mean he dumped you, right? I’m not trying to be insensitive, but I mean that sounds pretty over to me.”

I'm going to win him back hyung.” Daehyun said, sure as anything. “Listen, can you come over? I need your help with something.”

“Sure, Dae. Anything I can do to help, I will. What do you need help with?”

My Five-Day Plan to win Youngjae back!

X x X x X

Hello there!! So, the next five chapters are going to be pretty short - probably this length or shorter but it will all be worth it so bear with me!! Please leave me a comment my lovely subbies!!!! <3 <3