{Chapter Three}

No Boys Allowed!

Youngjae was about fifteen minutes early for Chem, so he just sat in the empty classroom, scribbling random pictures and words onto his notebook. His mind started to drift and he found himself wondering when Daehyun would get there. He liked Daehyun – and it was obvious, even to himself, that it was more than friendship he was feeling. He had never been interested in someone in this way before. Sure, he'd dated a girl once or twice, but that was only to keep his parents off his back. Daehyun made him happy just by being in the same room. He must be a siren or some magical creature, because Youngjae was sure these feelings weren't natural whether they were for a boy or a girl.

Youngjae blinked, coming out of his thoughts and looked down at his notebook. He gasped, horrified at what he saw; he had drawn Daehyun's name, surrounded by hearts with arrows in them and cupid sitting on one with a bow in his hand. He ripped out the page, shoved it into the depths of his school bag, and slammed his notebook closed.

“Hey, Jae,” he heard Daehyun's voice say as the boy came to sit beside him. “You know there's still ten minuted until school starts, right?”

“Of course I know that,” he stated.

“So, are you going to the Fund-Raiser Festival?” Dae asked as casually as he could.

Youngjae shrugged. “I hadn't really thought about it,”

“Well, maybe, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?” Daehyun asked nervously.

Youngjae's heart leapt into his throat. He'd love to go with Daehyun, he would, but there is no way on earth his parents would let him. He knows it sounds stupid that he's a teenager that still does what his parents tell him to, but really, they aren't strict. The least he could do was abide by their one rule.

“Daehyun,” Youngjae sighed. “I already told you; I'm not allowed to date boys,”

“I know,” Daehyun said dejectedly. Although he saw it coming, he really hoped Youngjae was going to agree to the date. Oh well, onto plan B. “Well, then why don't we just go as friends?”

Youngjae smied a little, kind of happy that Daehyun was being persistent. “Let me think about it, okay?”

Daehyun nodded happily, as if he'd said 'yes'. “Okay.”

X x X x X

Daehyun once again had Music Studies where he sat with Yongguk. He didn't want to seem too bold, but he decided that he and Yongguk were friends.

“I asked Youngjae today,” Daehyun told him. Yongguk looked surprised.

“Boy, you really don't waste any time, do you?” he said, a smile tugging on his lips.

Daehyun shook his head dramatically like a two year old. “There is no time to waste on this subject!”

Yongguk chuckled. “I get it,”

“You keep saying things like that; sympathising with my situation and stuff. I take it you like somebody you don't think you have a chance with too,”

Yongguk nodded. “Youngjae's friend, Himchan, actually. He-”

“You know Youngjae?! Does he talk about me? Can you talk to him about me?” Daehyun interrupted excitedly.

“Hey, we already talked about you, it's my turn,” Yongguk scolded playfully. “Anyway, Himchan. He's a total maneater but he won't even give me the time of day. Whenever I enter the room, he leaves without a second glance at me,” Yongguk sighed, thinking of the pretty boy he'd had his eye on for some time now.

“What?!” Daehyun nearly shouted, surprised. “But... Well, you're hot!”

Yongguk blushed. “Sorry dude, I have my eye on someone,”

Daehyun scoffed. “Obviously. Besides you aren't a major cutie with chubby cheeks and blonde hair named Yoo Youngjae, so I'm not exactly dying to go there with you, either,”

“Got any advice for a guy who's running out of ideas?” Yongguk asked, going back to the topic at hand.

“Depends; what have you tried?”

“Well I...” Yongguk hesitated, “I've said 'hello',” he admitted sheepishly.

Daehyun gaped. “Please tell me that's not all,”

“Uh~” the rapper trailed off. Daehyun smacked his forehead with the palm of his hand.

“Okay, first off; that's not an idea, as you call it. That's a greeting!” Daehyun stated. “And secondly; do you think I should get Youngjae flowers for our date to the festival? Or will that be too much too soon?”

Yongguk just rolled his eyes. “Has he even said yes?”

“Not in so many words... But he will!” Daehyun said, surely. “I mean, why wouldn't he? I'm irresistible and we clearly belong together,”

“Come on,” Yongguk said shaking his head and putting his books back into his bag, “class is about to end and that means it's food time,”

Daehyun smiled brightly at the mention of food.

Five minutes later and they were standing in the cafeteria line.

“I can't believe this school doesn't even have cheesecake!” Daehyun exclaimed. Then a dreamy smile washed over his features and he added happily, “But they have Youngjae, so I’ll forgive it,”

Yongguk raised an eyebrow at his friend.

“You've been here one day and you're already whipped,” Yongguk said. “I don't blame you though; he is cute,”

Daehyun all but growled at Yongguk.

“Back off!” he said harshly. Turning back away from his friend and back to the food, he added softly, “He's mine,”

The boys got their food and left the line, looking for a spare table.

“Dae, you know you're not the only person trying to woo Youngjae, right?”

Daehyun looked at him, absolutely mortified.

'But,' he realised, 'of course I wouldn't be the only person into Youngjae. He's cute, and nice, and smart; plenty of people would be trying to date him, surely. But if that is the case, why is he still single. Wait! What if he isn't single? What if my precious Jae is already taken?'

“What do you mean?” he asked Yongguk, not sure if he actually wanted to know the answer.

“I mean that even though he isn't popular, and he doesn't really have a reputation at this school other that being super-smart and not being allowed to date guys, he does get a lot of confessions,” Yongguk explained.

“But... He's single... Right?” Daehyun's eyes were still wide, making him resemble a frog.

“As far as I know,”

“Wait! You said he was friends with Himchan, right?” Yongguk nodded, wondering what Daehyun was getting at. “You don't think they're-”

He was cut off from his sentence by a loud laugh from Yongguk. Daehyun pouted. This wasn't the time for his friend to be laughing at him.

“No! No way!”

“It's a possibility!”

“No, it really isn't,” Yongguk said, his laughter dying down. “Trust me; Himchan's (he used air quotations as he said) relationships – and I use that term very loosely – last about one week at a time,”

Daehyun looked at Yongguk like he had the head of a dog. They found an empty table and sat down at it.

“And this is the guy you're so hung up on?” he asked with a scoff at the end. Yongguk glared at him.

“Do I have to remind you that you are currently trying to get a date with a guy who can't even date guys?”

“Hey!” Daehyun glared back. “I just don't understand what you see in this guy. I'm assuming you're deeper than to have fallen for him for his looks. If you aren't I may need to rethink my decision about calling you my 'friend',”

“Of course it's not just his looks!” Yongguk shot back. “I can't explain it. He's just... Himchan,” Yongguk smiled.

“Yeah,” Daehyun said, his mind drifting to Youngjae, “I get it,”


Hey guyss!! So, since I have so many fics going, I have decided a on a system. I'm just going to stick with writing one until it's completed, and this is my next incomplete story with the most subbies!! So, I'm literally writing the next chapter right now, but before I post it, please answer the poll below! The poll will be open until I finish the next chapter (so about ten to thirty minutes).