{Chapter One}

No Boys Allowed!

Well, Sleep Well, Dream Sweet is over and thus No Boys Allowed begins!

X x X x X

“Youngjae-ah, are you awake?” Mrs Yoo called from downstairs.

Youngjae groaned, pulled his blanket further over his head and rolled over in his bed so that he was facing the wall. He heard his mother's footsteps getting closer and tried to fall back asleep.

She knocked on the door. “Youngjae-ah?”

Upon getting no answer, she poked her head in the door. Youngjae heard her huff and suddenly the blanket was ripped off of Youngjae's bed.

“Youngjae-ah, you have to get up. It's time to get ready for school,” She scolded, her hands on her hips.

With a muffled groan, Youngjae peeled himself off of his bed.

“I'm up, are you happy?” he asked rhetorically, his eyes still drooping shut.

“Very,” she smiled. “Hurry and get dressed, breakfast is ready downstairs,”

Once his mother left the room, Youngjae showered and pulled on a pair of loose-fitting black skinny jeans, a light blue t-shirt and a grey and black striped jacket. After putting on his trusty Converse All-Stars, he grabbed his school bag and books, and made his way down to the kitchen.

“Good morning, sweetie,” his mother greeted with a kind smile, passing him his plate of bacon and eggs with a side of spaghetti. It was kind of a tradition he had with his mum; on the first day of every year, she made him bacon, eggs, and spaghetti. That wasn't to say he didn't have that particular breakfast on any other day of the year, it was just that he didn't any other breakfast on that particular day.

“Hello, son,” his father said, picking up his briefcase from the bench and pecking his mother on the cheek. “I'm sorry I'm in such a rush, have a nice day at school,”

“It's fine dad, have a good day at work. I’ll see you this afternoon,” he said. His father was a lawyer, which meant he worked a lot, but he always found time for his family.

“Did you want me to drive you to school, or are you catching the bus?” Mrs Yoo asked.

“Neither,” Youngjae said, swallowing his mouthful of food. “Himchan hyung is taking Junhong and I to school,”

Just then, a car outside the house honked it's horn.

“That must be him now,” Youngjae scoffed the rest of his food and hugged his mother.

“Have a good day at school dear,” she smiled. “Oh and remember no-”

“No boys, I know mum,” he finished her sentence and left the house.

Youngjae was never really sure why his parents didn't let him date boys. They had no problem with other gay people; hell, Himchan was very openly gay and he's more than sure Junhong is, but when it came to Youngjae, they flat out refused. It wasn't like Youngjae really had a problem with it though, he was never interested in anyone in that way anyway, so it didn't really matter. It was more his curiosity.

“Hey Jae, ready for the first day of school?” Himchan said happily as Youngjae got into the back seat of his car.

“Youngjae hyung practically lives for school,” Zelo said.

“That's not true! I do other things too,” Youngjae defended himself.

“Reading alone in your room doesn't count as an 'other thing',” Himchan interjected. Youngjae made a humph noise. The rest of the ride was spent talking about their summer holidays.

Youngjae's first class was advanced chemistry. Since Youngjae was a junior, neither Junhong or Himchan were in his class; Himchan was a senior and Zelo was a sophomore.

He made his way to his class and took a seat in the middle of the class. He always liked sitting in the middle, that way he didn't draw attention to himself. The goody-two-shoes, teachers pets and ups sit in the front of the class. Youngjae was top of the class, but that doesn't mean he likes to be known as the smart kid, and it definitely didn't mean he liked it when the teachers called on him in class. The rebels and dead-beats hung out in the back two rows. Youngjae surely didn't belong there. So he sat in the middle, where the unnoticeable ones sat.

Students slowly started to pile into the classroom. Youngjae watched them, catching up with their friends and choosing seats. One particular boy caught his eye, though. He was only maybe an inch or two taller than Youngjae himself, his hair bleached the same shade of blonde with it falling into his deep brown eyes. Youngjae was captivated as he found himself staring at the other boy's pillowy, soft-looking lips. Youngjae found himself wondering what they'd feel like on his own.

'Wait, what am I thinking? I can't date boys! Besides, he might not even be gay. I mean, even if he was, he probably wouldn't be interested in me. He-'

“Um, excuse me,” a deep voice interrupted Youngjae's thoughts. He looked up and found himself staring into those deep brown eyes.

“Um, hi,” Youngjae replied, his voice an unusually high octave, “can I help you with something?”

“I'm Jung Daehyun, I'm new and I was just wondering if I could sit here?” he pointed to the empty seat beside Youngjae. “There are practically no other seats and, well, no one else would let me sit with them,”

Okay, so maybe Daehyun was lying just a little bit. The moment he walked into the classroom, his eyes caught sight of a pretty boy with the same blonde hair as him and light brown eyes that seemed to sparkle. Daehyun thought that the boy was beautiful and made a beeline for the empty seat next to him.

“Oh, yeah, sure,” Youngjae moved his books to give Daehyun some room on the desk.

'God,' Daehyun thought, 'even his voice is pretty,'

“Thanks,” Daehyun flashed Youngjae a charming smile as he took his seat. “So, are you planning on telling me your name or am I going to have to guess?”

“Oh, right, my name is Yoo Youngjae,” he said, a little embarrassed that he hadn't introduced himself.

Daehyun gave him a cute half-smile.

“It's pretty; like you,”

Youngjae went red, but before he could reply, the teacher called the class's attention. The teacher already gave them a pairs assignment. She assigned Daehyun and Youngjae together, saying it would be good for Daehyun to work with someone that was top of the class.

“So, do you want to meet up somewhere and get started on this assignment tomorrow?” Daehyun asked, collecting his books at the end of the lesson.

“Um, yeah, where do you wanna meet?” Youngjae asked.

“Anywhere you are is fine with me,” Daehyun smiled a little. “How about you give me your number and I’ll text you tonight?” Daehyun suggested, holding his phone out to Youngjae.

Youngjae nodded and put in his number under 'Youngjae'. They said goodbye and parted ways. They didn't see each other for the rest of he day since they had no more classes together.

When Daehyun got home that afternoon, he threw himself onto his bed and looked at his contacts in his phone. He saw the name 'Youngjae'. He smiled and changed the name to 'Youngjae <3'.

Youngjae was sitting at the island bench in the kitchen, reviewing his maths notes, when his phone buzzed signalling a text message.

To: Youngjae <3
From: Unknown Number
Hey there, cutie.

Youngjae blinked and stared at the screen. No one texted him (apart from his parents, Junhong and Himchan) and if they did, they definitely didn't call him 'cutie'.

To: Unknown Number
From: Youngjae <3
Who is this?

He almost instantly got a reply.

To: Youngjae <3
From: Unknown Number
What?? You've already forgotten me? :o it's your future husband! Daehyunnie!

Youngjae smiled a little at Daehyun's childishness. He mentally reminded himself he isn't allowed to date boys. He saved the number in his phone as 'Daehyun'. He hesitated a little before changing it to 'Daehyunnie'.

To: Daehyunnie
From: Youngjae <3
Right, sorry, I forgot I gave you my number :P and for your information, I wouldn't bet on that whole 'future husband' thing.

To: Youngjae <3
From: Daehyunnie
And why is that?

To: Daehyunnie
From: Youngjae <3
Because I'm not allowed to date boys.

To: Youngjae <3
From: Daehyunnie
Well, I'll just have to change that won't I? See you tomorrow, cutie.

Youngjae didn't reply, not knowing what to say, and continued doing his studying with a blush on his cheeks and a goofy smile on his face.