{Chapter Thirteen}

No Boys Allowed!

~Day One of Daehyun's Five-Day Plan to win Youngjae back~

Tuesday, first period.

Youngjae was eternally thankful that his first class of the day was Art – it was a mix sophomore/junior class, so that meant he had one of his best friends, Choi Junhong, with him. He would enjoy it a lot more, however, if Junhong would stop trying to convince him that he'd done the wrong thing by breaking up with Daehyun. He didn't need convincing; he already knew it was a decision that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

“Look, hyung,” Junhong said, picking up his charcoal pencil and bringing it to the pad of paper before him, “all I’m saying is that, while I understand why you did it, don't you think your parents would've gotten over it in time? And until then, you could just keep it a secret!”

Youngjae glared at the sophomore.

“You know I hate lying! Besides, I couldn't stand seeing my umma like that. She was so...almost ashamed, really. I didn't want to disappoint my parents that much over a boy.”

“Well, that boy, made you happier than I’ve seen you in a long time. He brought out the best in you, Jae.”

With a sigh, Youngjae set down his coral paint and replaced it with a navy blue felt marker. Zelo had no idea just how right he was.

The class was nearly over when there was a knock at the door. The Art teacher waddled over to the door and swung it open. Girls gasped and guys laughed. At the door was a florist delivery boy, holding a bunch of red roses and a card.

“Uh...” he looked bewilderedly into the class. “Is there a Yoo Youngjae here?”

Youngjae's heart jumped out of his chest and into his throat. He looked down at his work, continuing his painting and ignoring everyone staring at him.

“Youngjae oppa, aren't yo going to get those?” a girl asked Youngjae.

Hye-something, her name was. She had confessed to Youngjae once before but he never cared enough to remember her name. After all, no suitors were ever good enough for the blonde. Not until Daehyun came along.

“Yes,” Zelo's voice rang clear in Youngjae's ears. Youngjae closed his eyes and pretended it wasn't happening, “this boy beside me – yes, the blonde one – this is Yoo Youngjae.”

The delivery boy nodded and made his way over, manoeuvring himself around the many tables, shelves and easels that crowded the art room. He hurriedly dropped the rose bunch on the table before Youngjae, too eager to get out of the class and away from the people staring at him to notice that he had dropped them in Youngjae's coral paint.

“Hyung, are you really going to let him go?” Junhong asked, seeming too mature for his age.

Youngjae picked up the flowers and discarded them in the trash with the empty paint bottles and broken pencils, not caring how it made his whole being hurt.

When he returned to the table, he looked straight at Zelo and answered his question.

“I have to.”

Tuesday, second period.

Straight after Art class, Youngjae headed to World History, not even bothering to say goodbye to Junhong. Youngjae just wanted to be somewhere no one knew about he and Daehyun – at least, not all the intimate details. Considering Youngjae wasn't social enough to have more than a handful of friends (he was happy to include Yongguk and Daehyun in that handful. Or...at least Yongguk, now.) and he was too personal for gossip to be spread too badly about him. There was no one in his entire World History class that paid attention to him whatsoever.

At least, until five minutes before the first break bell signalled, when another florist delivery boy arrived with another dozen roses addressed to one Yoo Youngjae.

Tuesday, first break.

“It was humiliating!” Youngjae exclaimed as he finished telling Himchan the story of the roses.

“Actually, it sounds pretty romantic.” Himchan shrugged, picking at his strawberry jelly with his fork.

“What sounds romantic?” Junhong chimed in, coming to join the two, lunch tray in hand.

“Daehyun sending Youngjae two rose bouquets during class.” Himchan offered.

Two?” Junhong gaped. “There was a second lot? When?”

“During World History.”

“Did you throw these ones in the bin too?”

You threw them in the bin?!”

No! These ones are in my locker.” Youngjae pushed his food aside. “I didn't have the heart to do it to the second ones. I know it sounds stupid, but throwing away those roses felt like breaking up with Daehyun all over again.”

“That's not stupid.” Zelo said, surprising his hyungs. “You were crazy about Daehyun – you still are. When you broke up with him it wasn't because you didn't have feelings for him, or you couldn't trust him, or either of you did anything wrong; it was because of something neither of you can control. You're still attached to Daehyun, so it makes sense that you would be attached to the pretty things he gives you to prove his love, too.”

Youngjae smiled at the maknae and ruffled his hair. “When did you become so smart?”

“The same time you became so stupid.” Junhong replied simply.

“Hey, guys?” Himchan brought their attention back to him. “I think you're about to add a third set of roses to your collection.”

The younger boys looked behind them to where Himchan was staring wide-eyed. Walking across the cafeteria, in a pink polo tee that read Flowers for the Seoul, was yet another delivery of roses. The only difference this time, was that the deliverer was a girl.

Before Youngjae could run and hide, Himchan was up with his hand in the air.

“Yoo Youngjae, right?” he called out to her. “Yeah, that's this guy.” as she approached, Himchan held his hands out to take the flowers. “I'll take these.” he said, inspecting the beautiful flowers.

“You know, these are some really expensive roses.” the delivery girl said. “Someone must really love you.”

And with a happy smile, she left.

'Yeah,' Youngjae thought, 'someone must.'

Tuesday, third period.

Another hour of thinking about Daehyun.

Another hour of regretting the breakup.

Another hour of knowing it was the right thing to do.

Another hour of torture.

Another twelve red, expensive roses.

Tuesday, fourth period.

Youngjae thought this period he would play it safe. He came up with a sure-fire way to avoid, at all cost, Dae-roses. He would just fake sick and go to the nurse's office.

“So, how are you feeling?” she asked him.

“Queasy.” he lied, too quickly. He always was a terrible liar. “And I have a headache. In fact, I think I’m getting a fever too.”

He may have overdone it, but better safe than receiving another bouquet that screamed I miss you, come back to me Jae Jae.

“Okay,” she said although Youngjae wasn't positive she believed him. “How about you go lie on one of the beds and I’ll bring you a cold-pack for that fever?”

Youngjae nodded and made his way over to the small cot in the corner of the room.

There was a knock at the door. Youngjae expected the nurse. Instead, he got Hye-something with a bunch of roses.

“Sorry to disturb you, Youngjae oppa.” she said, entering the room and placing the roses on the floor beside the cot. “These roses came for you in class, and I knew you were here so I just thought I’d bring them to you. They're really pretty and I didn't want them to go to waste.”

“You know what?” he said, sitting up in the cot. “You can have them?”

Her eyes seemed to light up. Youngjae found himself asking whatever God was listening why couldn't he just be attracted to her, instead of getting all hot and bothered thinking of Daehyun in a wet t-shirt. Or even better; Daehyun in no shirt.

“Really?” she asked, elated.

“Sure, it seems like you'd appreciate their beauty more than me.” I'd be too busy thinking about the beauty of the sender.

“Thank you oppa.” she hugged the roses to her chest. “I will let you get your rest now.” she bowed and left.

To his dismay, Youngjae now couldn't get the image of topless Daehyun out of his mind.

Tuesday, second break.

Youngjae stayed in the nurses office. He didn't leave. He didn't eat. He didn't open the door when someone from Flowers for the Seoul came knocking.

Tuesday, fifth period.

Knowing he couldn't hide out in the nurse's office all day, Youngjae knew it was time to face the music – this time literally. It was time for his Piano class; one he shared with no other than Daehyun's best friend Bang Yongguk.

Yongguk has always been the kind of person who knew when to speak up. That's why he stayed quiet when Youngjae came to sit beside him. When Youngjae started to write his notes. When the two were chosen to share one of the pianos. When Youngjae was editing his sheet music.

The only time Yongguk spoke, was when twelve red roses were placed on the piano Youngjae was playing by a boy in a pink polo shirt.

“You're his whole world now, you know?” he said.

Youngjae sighed; a silent answer of he's mine too.

Tuesday, sixth period.

For Youngjae, sixth period was double-edged.

Pro – it was his last period of the day, and after that he was free to go home and cry into his pillow.

Con – it was Advanced Chemistry, which meant one very big thing; Jung. Daehyun.

Youngjae sat awkwardly in the middle row of the class, willing his eyes not to drag themselves to watch the door for Daehyun. His eyes did not listen. Youngjae found himself glancing back at the door frequently, waiting for Daehyun to enter.

When he did, Youngjae's heart skipped a beat and everything froze. He hadn't talked to Daehyun since yesterday when...well, seeing him now felt like an ice-cold knife to the gut.

The knife twisted when Daehyun didn't sit beside him, but two rows behind.

Youngjae couldn't pay attention during that class. He was too busy thinking about Daehyun; the way he touched Youngjae like he was fragile china, the way he kissed Youngjae like it was the last time he ever would, the way he looked at Youngjae like he was an angel sent down just for him.

Youngjae shook his head as if to literally shake away thoughts of him.

And then the teacher told them to get into their pairs and work on their assignment.

'Damn it!' Youngjae mentally berated himself. 'Damn it damn it damn it damn it! How could I forget about our assignment?'

A book dropped on the table beside Youngjae. He looked up and, of course, there Daehyun was. His eyes were a mixture of happy and sad.

Daehyun was so happy to see Youngjae, yet he knew the younger was no longer his. He couldn't kiss him. He couldn't hold his hand. He couldn't even say that today Youngjae looked extra perfect.

Neither boy knew quite what to say, so they didn't say anything. There were so many things Daehyun wanted to say, but when he looked at Youngjae the words wouldn't come out. His mind was clouded with wanting to taste Youngjae's lips just one more time, run his hands through his blonde locks just one more time, see him blush from one of Daehyun's ual comments just one more time.

“If you want,” Youngjae was the one to break the silence, “I can just do the rest of assignment myself and put both of our names on it. I understand why you wouldn't want to talk to me.”

Daehyun's answer was automatic. He didn't have time for his brain to tell his mouth to stay closed.

“There's a lot of things I want to do with you Jae, and not all of them involve talking. In fact, many of them involve a lot of , but that doesn't mean I don't want to talk to you.”

Youngjae gaped, his mind swimming for a reply.

Daehyun smacked himself.

“I'm sorry, that was...inappropriate. What I meant to say was; why wouldn't I want to talk to you?”

“Well I broke up with you, so...”

Daehyun scoffed. “You say that like it means I'm not still crazy about you. I know you dumped me, I was there. I still want to be a part of your life, Youngjae.”

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Youngjae groaned, knowing who – or rather, what – waited at the door.

The delivery boy spoke. “Flowers for-”

“Yep, that's me.” Youngjae left the desk, took the flowers and shooed away the deliverer.

When he returned to the desk, Daehyun asked; “So, do like the flowers?”

Youngjae sighed and started packing away his things since class was ending.

“You need to stop doing this, Dae.” You're only making it harder for me to stay away.

Daehyun closed his textbook. “No.”

Youngjae's eyebrows shot up into his hairline. “Excuse me?”

“No.” Daehyun repeated. The bell rang, signalling school was out for the day. “Youngjae I’m not giving up on you, okay? I-” love you. “I care about you too much.”

Youngjae walked away, leaving the roses behind.