{Chapter Twenty-Nine}

No Boys Allowed!

“Yah! Jae-ah, let me help you!” Daehyun exclaimed as his boyfriend stood up and started to walk toward the bathroom.

Youngjae sighed and looked back at his boyfriend, who was now jumping off of the couch to run to the brunette. One hand on the younger’s stomach and one on his back, Daehyun walked slowly beside him. The pregnant boy shook his head.

“You know, I managed for nearly a month and a half without you, Dae.” Youngjae stated matter-of-factly.

 “Don’t you want my help Jae Jae?” Daehyun shot him a mock-offended look and pouted. “Besides, the only thing you ‘managed’ to do without me was go to the bathroom.”

I know you haven’t been eating properly, Youngjae.’ He thought, but didn’t press the subject.

“And that’s what I'm trying to do now if you’d let me.” Youngjae said with a roll of his eyes, though he secretly loving this attention.

“Hey, I could still help you. You might need someone to hold it, just in case you can’t see over that belly of yours.” Dae suggested with a light pat to Youngjae’s stomach and a kiss to his cheek.

“Hey! I'm not even showing yet you ert!”

“I dunno, I’m seeing a little something-something there.” Dae replied, crouching down and squinting at his angel’s perfect stomach. It was so hard to believe that there was a little human in there.

Youngjae frowned and huffed. “I'm going to pee alone. You need to get ready.”

“Ready? For what?”

“You’re coming to my appointment with me today. You’ve been here for a week and I can’t seem to convince you to go back to Korea-”

“Because you and this baby are more important to me than school is! Youngjae I'm going to be here with you every step of the way. Where you go, I go.”

Youngjae bit back a fond smile. “I know, and you have no idea how much that means to me. Anyway, I think it’s about time you meet Dr O’Connor. She can fill you in on some more of the baby stuff too.”

Daehyun nodded, cupping Youngjae’s face. Slowly, he leaned in and connected their lips. The kiss was soft and chaste and in that moment, it couldn’t have been more perfect. Daehyun let his forehead rest on Youngjae’s as they caught their breath.

“I love you so much, Youngjae.” He breathed onto the younger’s lips.

“I love you too, Daehyunnie.” He pecked the elder’s plump lips once more before shoving him away playfully. “Now go get dressed.”

Daehyun saluted and headed for the room he was now sharing with Youngjae. Sunhwa was okay with it. Although she was hesitant at first, she decided that it didn’t really matter now; she was obviously aware of their being ually active and Youngjae was already pregnant, what else could possibly happen between them that she didn’t already know about?

“Umma, I’m only taking Daehyun to my appointment today.” Youngjae told Sunhwa as he waited for Dae to finish getting ready.

“Okay honey,” she replied. “Have fun and be safe.”

Youngjae nodded and slipped on his shoes, watching as Daehyun rushed out of their room while still buttoning up his cardigan. Following after Youngjae, he also put on his shoes.

They left the hotel hand in hand, not caring about the prying eyes that may be around them.

“Sorry I took so long jagi.” he said and placed a butterfly kiss on Youngjae’s fluffy cheeks.

Youngjae shrugged and smirked. “I guess I can forgive you just this once.”

“Oh really?” Daehyun asked mischievously. When Youngjae nodded, the elder wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss, despite the fact that they were in the middle of a street. His tongue slipped past the brunette’s lips, resulting in a surprised squeak that quickly turned into a content hum when the elder’s skilled muscle traced all the ridges of the roof of his mouth. When Daehyun broke the kiss, Youngjae was still in a daze, his breathing heavy and his lips red and kiss-bruised.

Smiling smugly, Daehyun hailed a cab.

“You know, I feel a bit like that girl from that girly TV show you like.” Dae said as a taxi pulled up.

“ and the City is not girly!” Youngjae shot back. Daehyun laughed and mumbled an ‘okay’ as he got into the cab.

X x X x X

When Judy O’Connor went to call Youngjae into her office, the first thing she noticed was that instead of Sunhwa accompanying him, there was a good-looking, tanned Korean boy about Youngjae’s age with blonde hair and pillowy lips. Based on what she’d heard from Youngjae, this was Daehyun.

Hello Youngjae,” she said with a smile. “Who is this lovely boy?”

Youngjae bit back an excited smile. The thought of introducing Daehyun to other people made Youngjae’s stomach flip in happiness. He thought it probably had something to do with the fact that Daehyun was perfect and 100% Youngjae’s, but Youngjae never told Daehyun any of that.

Youngjae stood up, pulling a nervous Jung Daehyun up with him.

Dr O’Connor, this is Daehyun.” He said proudly.

Daehyun, hi!” she said happily, extending a hand which he shook politely. “I’ve heard a lot about you! Why don’t you two come into my office?”

So, Daehyun. How did you find out about Youngjae? I'm sure he didn’t tell you himself.” She asked once they were all settled in, adding a playful wink to Youngjae who blushed and looked down.

You’re right about that,” Daehyun teased, pecking Youngjae’s red cheek to make up for it. “Sunhwa called me, actually.”

Sunhwa? Wow, remind me to thank her! Youngjae really was miserable without you.” She said.

That’s a relief, because I was pretty much a train wreck without him too.”

I'm right here you know!” Youngjae said as they continued to converse as if he weren’t there.

“I’m sorry baby.” Daehyun apologised, taking Youngjae’s hand into his own, kissing it and then letting their clasped hands rest on his lap.

I s’pose we should get onto the pregnancy stuff then, shall we?” she suggested. “Have you been taking your vitamins?

Yes.

Every morning and every night?” she pressed. Youngjae nodded again. “And what about your diet?

Youngjae shrugged. “It’s fine.

After this answer, Daehyun was not okay with staying silent.

No it’s not.” Daehyun interjected.

Youngjae shot him an incredulous look. “Daehyun!”

I'm sorry jagiya, but I know that you haven’t been eating well. Do you think I didn’t notice the weight you’ve lost the moment I saw you?”

Dr O’Connor’s eyebrows knitted together in a concerned frown. “How often have you been eating? At least three meals per day?”

Youngjae stammered. “Well I’ve been eating dinner every night, and breakfast most days.

I understand you’ve been very upset and under a lot of stress lately, but it’s vital that you eat properly. You’re eating for two now.” She said with a soft smile. Youngjae nodded again. “How about we say ‘hi’ to the little one now?

“What is she talking about?’ Daehyun asked Youngjae.

“An ultrasound, checking the baby’s vitals and whatnot.” Youngjae explained. He was used to Dr O’Connor’s lingo by now.

Youngjae, you know the drill.” She said, gesturing to the ultrasound bed.

Without a word, Youngjae made his way to the bed. Daehyun followed, standing beside the bed patiently and curiously. Youngjae lowered his pants down to his hips and Daehyun mentally cursed himself for finding that sight so hot. He couldn’t help but think of all the times he’d kissed, and nibbled at those perfect hipbones, his tongue dipping and memorising all of the curves. He gulped dryly, eyes wide.

“Daehyun, are you okay?” Youngjae asked, noticing his boyfriend’s stare.

“You are so beautiful, you know that Youngjae?” was all he said in reply.

Youngjae’s face heated up hotter than a volcano and he turned a shade of red that could rival Taylor Swift’s lipstick. Softly, Daehyun moved in for a kiss. Youngjae let the elder take the lead as their lips performed a familiar dance. A small cough brought their attention back.

I’m sorry to break this up boys, but we kinda need to do this.” Dr O’Connor said.

Right, sorry.” Youngjae replied sheepishly, pulling his shirt up to his chest with Daehyun watching, completely mesmerised by his boyfriend’s flawlessness.

“Dae, you’re staring again.” Youngjae said, barely noticing the cold when the doctor squeezed some of the ultrasound gel onto his stomach. He was so used to it now that he wasn’t affected by the cold liquid.

Daehyun took Youngjae’s hand.

“Sorry.” He said with a small smile.

“See that Dae?” Youngjae pointed to the light coloured blob on the screen. “That’s ours.”

“Hello little baby,” Daehyun said to the screen. “I’m your daddy. I'm going to be with you and your mummy forever and ever. I will always love you and protect you. Never forget that Daddy loves you.”

Youngjae smiled, holding back tears.

“I love you.” The brunette told him and Daehyun kissed his hand. “Doctor O’Connor, when will we be able to know the of the baby?

It’s possible to find out around the 16 to 20 week mark, but it’s more accurate around the 24th week.” She told him as she watched the monitor. “Everything looks good there, no missing limbs and no extra limbs; completely human.

Youngjae laughed, but Daehyun looked mildly shocked. Dr O’Connor pulled out her stethoscope.

“Do you want a boy or a girl?” Youngjae asked. It was something he’d been thinking about; they’re going to have to start coming up with names and buying thing for the nursery soon.

“Honestly Jae, you could give birth to a giraffe and I’d still just be happy that it’s ours. I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl; you and it, you’re my family.”

Youngjae was distracted by a ‘hmm’ from the doctor before he could reply to Daehyun.

What is it? Is something wrong?” he asked, worried. He didn’t miss the way Daehyun’s hand tightened around his own.

Dr O’Connor shook her head. “There was a slight murmur; an abnormal sound in the heart that could have something to do with the heart valves, but as your child’s heart and heart valves are still growing there shouldn’t be anything to worry about at this point.

You’re sure?” Dae asked.

I swear to you, it’s a common occurrence at this stage of pregnancy.” She said, hoping to have calmed some of their worried; stress isn’t good for the baby. She hung her stethoscope around her neck. “Okay, we’re all done here for the day. Remember Youngjae, eat properly! And Daehyun, make sure he doesn’t stress and he gets plenty of rest. Try to keep him off of his feet as much as possible.

No problem. I’ll keep him off his feet and on his back.’ Daehyun thought, internally his lips as he watched Youngjae re-adjust his clothing.

Oh, Dr O’Connor?” Daehyun asked quietly as Youngjae fixed up his shirt.

Yes?” she replied, equally as quiet.

Is, um, will it affect the baby if we, you know…what I mean is can we have ?

“JUNG DAEHYUN!” Youngjae’s angry voice made Daehyun jump five feet into the air.

What?!” Daehyun shot back. “It’s an important question! I need to know if I have to keep my hands off you.

Youngjae scoffed and crossed his arms. “Hasn’t stopped you the past week.

Dr O’Connor laughed. “Absolutely! Most parents-to-be worry about this, but if you have a normal pregnancy, you can keep doing it right up until you get contractions. You won't hurt your baby by making love, even with your partner on top. There are parts of your uterus that will protect your baby.  When you , you may notice your baby moves around more. However, this is because of your heart rate, not because it knows what's happening or feels discomfort. If you feel that having is too risky, oral is a good substitute.

Youngjae was bright red by the time she finished speaking, and Daehyun was beaming. He could still have with Youngjae!

Okay. Thank you Doctor. We’ll just be leaving now.” Youngjae said and dragged Daehyun out of the room before anyone could comment further.