{Chapter Eleven}

No Boys Allowed!

When Daehyun entered the darkened end cubicle, Youngjae was already there. Immediately, Daehyun intertwined their hands and kissed Youngjae slowly, sweetly. Youngjae wrapped an arm around Daehyun's neck and pulled him closer in a desperate attempt to be as close to the boy as possible. His hands tangled in Daehyun's blonde hair. The older boy moaned when Youngjae tugged lightly on the blonde tufts.

Daehyun's hands wandered lower until they were groping Youngjae's soft globes. Gripping Youngjae's thighs, Daehyun lifted him up, wrapping his boyfriend's legs around his torso and pushing him against the wall for extra support. Youngjae let out a noise that was a cross between a moan and a yelp when Daehyun lifted up his shirt, the hot of Daehyun's hands colliding with the cold of the wall behind him.

“Hi.” Daehyun breathed with a smile when they parted for air.

“Hi.” Youngjae whispered back, his heart breaking at Daehyun's sweet smile. This boy cared for Youngjae more than anyone, and Youngjae was going to break his heart.

“So,” Daehyun said, “did your parents say anything about me after dinner last night?”

Youngjae's mind flashed with the conversation he had with his mother.

He's very sweet, polite; he seems like a lovely boy.”

...

I saw the way he looked at you, Youngjae, and the way you looked at him.”

...

I know that what you feel for each other is deeper than just friendship.”

...

He's my boyfriend.”

...

I really, really like him, umma.”

...

He makes me happy.”

...

We only have one rule, Youngjae. Your father and I expect you to obey it.”

...

Are you mad?”

...

No,”

...

I'm just disappointed.”

“Uh,” Youngjae paused, “how about we don't talk about my parents while you have your hands on my , arasso?”

With a proud smirk Daehyun squeezed again, resulting in a surprised yelp from Youngjae. Just as Daehyun was about to reconnect their lips, the bell rang.

Daehyun groaned, disappointed. “We should probably get to class.”

He set Youngjae back onto his feet, but Youngjae didn't let go of Daehyun, keeping his arms securely locked around the elder's neck.

“What if we didn't?”

Daehyun's mind went blank. Was Youngjae – perfect, straight A, genius, school-o-holic Youngjae – suggesting they skip class?

“Why, Mr Yoo, are you asking me to skip class with you?” Daehyun teased.

“Actually, I'm asking you to skip the whole day with me.” Youngjae clarified, his brown doe eyes locking with Daehyun's.

“While I find this rebellious side of you insanely hot, I’m a little afraid I've corrupted you too much. Where has my sweet, school-junkie Jae Jae gone?”

“Yah!” Youngjae whined, smacking Daehyun half-heartedly on the chest. “I still like school, I just... I'd rather spend the day with you.”

“Okay,” Dae said softly, grazing his nose against Youngjae's, “did you have anything specific in mind?”

“Apart from you, me and lots of kissing; no.”

“Hmm, I like that plan.” Daehyun said, followed by a chaste kiss.

“It's more of a rough outline, really.” Youngjae assured him.

“So what do you want to do?” he asked his boyfriend, clutching his hand and leading them out of the bathroom.

“Let's go to the beach.”

X x X x X

The weather down at the beach was perfect – not too hot so they'd burn and with just the right amount of wind blowing cool air on them, like a nature-made air-conditioner. The sky was Youngjae's favourite shade of rich blue, and there were just a couple of fluffy clouds in the sky; like something a five-year-old would draw to describe good weather.

The two boys walked along the beach, their entwined hands swinging freely between their bodies as they talked and laughed. The white sand was hot under their bare feet, the sun baring down on their backs and necks.

“Ooh!” Daehyun exclaimed, having seen a van selling hot donuts. “C'mon Jae, let's get some sugary, fried goodness.”

With a quick press of his own lips to Youngjae's, Daehyun ran toward the Hot Fresh Donut van, his hand dragging his boyfriend along behind him.

Laughing and shaking his head, Youngjae followed his boyfriend. As he watched Daehyun happily walking towards food, Youngjae in tow, the younger boy couldn't help but think of what he knows he has to do at the end of the day. Maybe it was cruel to pretend he was happy; pretend everything was okay, and that they'd get their happy ending when Youngjae knew it wasn't. Maybe, just for a day, he was stringing Daehyun along – taking advantage of the other blonde's feelings. Youngjae couldn't find it in himself to care, though. Not when, by breaking Daehyun's heart, he would be shattering his own.

X x X x X

You!”

Yongguk spun around, searching for the black-haired pretty-boy whose voice had called out to (well, more like screamed at) him.

“Himchan,” Youngguk greeted with a wide gummy smile – one that would, on a normal day, secretly melt Himchan's heart and make his knees go weak, but he was too mad for that right now. “Hey, how ar-”

“Don't 'Himchan, hey' me! Your stupid friend Jung Daehyun has corrupted my best friend!” Himchan accused.

“Uh...” Yongguk frowned. “What are you talking about?”

“I'm talking about seeing Daehyun and Youngjae running off before classes started! Youngjae has never skipped a single class in his whole life; this couldn't have been his idea!”

“Himchan, I get that you're concerned about your friend, but Daehyun's a good guy – and I know for a fact that he's crazy about Youngjae. He wouldn't do anything to hurt Youngjae in any way, so if they're cutting school I’m sure Youngjae is on board.”

Himchan huffed, knowing Yongguk was right and not wanting to admit it. “You know what? I take all of that back. It's not Daehyun's fault – it's yours! I knew we never should've started hanging out with you. But Youngjae was all; he's really nice, Himchan. You just don't want to spend time with him and like him even more, Himchan. You're just afraid he'll break your heart, Himchan. So what? I was right, wasn't I? You clearly can't stand me, so I don't know why I still bother trying to be nice to you!”

“Wait, when did this become a conversation about you and me?” the rapper interrupted Himchan's rant.

Suddenly, the younger's face paled as he realised what he had been saying.

“There is no you and me. You blow me off every time I try to talk to you.” the younger shrugged, bringing his arms up to cross over his chest, like a shield protecting his heart from the eyes and voice and lips and body and mind of Bang Yongguk.

“Himchan, I only do that because I-”

“Just leave me alone.” Himchan turned and walked away. He didn't want to hear Yongguk say anything that meant Himchan had to give up on his hopes that maybe one day the elder could learn to love him.

Before Himchan got very far, long, slender fingers wrapped around his arm and yanked him back around.

And then Bang Yongguk – music major, senior, king of all hotness with the best lips in town and a body that could put Gods to shame, Bang Yongguk – was kissing him with so much passion that Himchan reached behind him for something to hold onto. Seeing as there was nothing there, he settled for gripping Yongguk's jacket.

Feeling bold, and feeling Himchan kiss back, Yongguk swiped his tongue across the other boy's lower lip, savouring the taste of his berry Lip Smackers. Himchan opened his mouth, allowing Yongguk to enter. Tan, strong, lean arms wrapped around a slender, pale body, pulling the younger boy closer. Yongguk only removed his lips from Himchan's when their crotches rubbed together and Yongguk realised he was getting a hard-on in the school hall.

Panting, Himchan rested his head on the other's shoulder. Yongguk's hand came to rest on Himchan's back.

“Channie, I don't hate you.” with his free hand, Yongguk lifted Himchan's face to meet his eyes. “I adore you.”

“You do?”

The elder nodded. “I do. I have for a while, it's just that...every time I wanted to confess to you, you weren't exactly...available.”

Himchan bit his lip and looked down at the floor. “Uh, yeah. All those guys I was with...they were never serious. I’ve liked you since I met you in music class during sophomore year.”

“Why didn't you say anything?”

“You weren't exactly showing a lot of interest in me.”

“Yeah,” Yongguk laughed and scratched the back of his head awkwardly, “my bad.”

Himchan s his arms around Yongguk's neck. “I guess it doesn't matter now, though. Right? You know I like you, I know you like me...”

“And I can kiss you whenever I want to.” Yongguk finished with a smirk, bringing his lips to Himchan's once more.

X x X x X

Daehyun's lips tasted like saltwater, Youngjae noticed. It makes sense, since they had just been swimming in the ocean, but it was a strange contrast to Dae's usual chocolatey taste. Youngjae titled his head to deepen the kiss and Daehyun obliged. Youngjae was about to moan into the kiss when...

A cold splash of water hit him in the face.

“Oh Jung Daehyun, you did not just kiss me so that you could splash me!” Youngjae accused in mock outrage.

Daehyun scoffed.

“Of course not! I kissed you because you're hot when you're wet, and I splashed you because...” he shrugged and smiled a coy smile, “you're hot when you're wet.”

“Oh really?” Youngjae challenged.

“Really.” Dae nodded, conclusively.

'Two can play at that game.' Youngjae thought, cupping his hand under the water and swinging it up so that the water sprang onto Daehyun's face.

“So that's how it is?” Dae laughed, using both hands to push water at Youngjae.

“Yeah, it is!” Youngjae replied, using one hand to shield his face and the other to attack Daehyun with salty ocean water.

Youngjae laughed as he tried to waddle, waist-deep in water, away from Daehyun's continuous water-based assaults. Youngjae was about to splash Daehyun again when he saw that Dae had cupped both of his hands together, and scooped up water in them, preparing to tip it over Youngjae's head.

“Okay!” Youngjae called out, holding both hands in the air. “I surrender!” he said, although if he was being completely honest with himself, he surrendered himself to Daehyun a long time ago.

Grabbing one of Youngjae's arms, Daehyun pulled him closer for another searing kiss, this time letting his lips trail down to Youngjae's neck. Youngjae tilted his head back to give Daehyun more access, and as he did so, his eyes caught the sun. It was getting late.

Youngjae moved away from his boyfriend.

“Dae, we should head back now.” he said, and Daehyun didn't miss his change of tone. Happy, playful, carefree Youngjae was gone and serious Youngjae was back. Afraid that he'd done something wrong, Dae thought it best to just agree and ask Jae about it later.

The ride back to the school was a long one. Youngjae's stomach tied itself in knot after knot thinking about what he had to do to get back to the school. He wished he could just stop time and be in this moment – hand in hand with the boy he was starting to love – for at least a while longer, if not forever.

They reached the school just as the bell was ringing.

Daehyun rounded on Youngjae before he could get through the gates. “Youngjae, are you okay?”

“I'm fine.” Youngjae lied, wanting to break into tears then and there.

“Really? Because I never really understood the term 'silence is deafening' before, but I’m really starting to get it now.” Daehyun said, his hands coming up to rest on Youngjae's shoulders.

“Daehyun, I-” Youngjae's words caught in his throat. How can he do this? How can he willingly throw away something that makes him so happy, so full of love?

“What is it? You can tell me anything, you know? I just want you to be happy.”

And that was all it took for Youngjae's tears to spill over. His hand came up to cover his mouth as he sobbed and shook his head uncontrollably.

“I c-can't.” he managed.

“What can't you do? Sweetie, talk to me.” Dae cooed, wiping away the boy's tears with his thumb. It broke his heart to see Youngjae cry.

“I can-n't do th-this. I-I can't.” he continued to cry. “I can't be with you, Daehyun!”

Both boys stopped.

Stopped moving.

Stopped breathing.

“W-What?” Daehyun stammered. He could feel his heart ripping apart, inch by inch. Why? What had he done wrong? Didn't he treat Youngjae well? Didn't he make him happy? Make him feel special?

“I can't, Daehyun. I'm sorry, but she knows. She talked to me after she left. She was so disappointed in me and I...I’ve never seen her so upset. I can't do this to her. I can't be with you.”

Before he could hurt either of them any more, Youngjae walked away.

Daehyun called out after him. “I don't care what they say, Yoo Youngjae. I’m going to fight to keep you!”