{Chapter Five}

No Boys Allowed!

“Do you think this is okay to wear?” Daehyun held up a shirt to show Jongup as he got ready for the movie night at Himchan's. Jongup was already dressed simply in a hoodie and jeans, but Daehyun seemed to be putting a lot more thought in than necessary. “Or is it a bit too dressed up for movies at a friend's house?”

“Uhh...” Jongup hummed out in a zombie-like way, still trying to process the last ten questions Daehyun had asked.

“Maybe I should just wear a hoodie and jeans like you,” he continued, to himself mostly. “No! I can't wear the same thing as you! I don't want to seem too casual. God! Why did Youngjae have to choose such a difficult date?”

“Uh, hyung? When did Youngjae say this was a date? Besides, there will be four other people there,” Jongup pointed out.

“I know,” Daehyun shrugged, throwing the shirt he was holding onto the large 'no' pile on his bed and starting to look for a new one. “But I'm going to be pretending it's a date,”

“Does Youngjae hyung know this?”

“Yes,” Dae stated, holding up another shirt and examining himself in the mirror. He was about to ask Jongup's opinion, but the doorbell rang, silencing whatever Daehyun was about to say.

“I'll get it!” Jongup volunteered eagerly and bolted out of the room.

“! Yongguk's here to pick us up and I have no idea what to wear!” Dae stressed like a teenage girl.

He rapidly pulled a royal blue t-shirt on over his dark grey jeans and threw on a black jacket (he made sure it was a warm jacket, just in case Youngjae got cold.)

Daehyun rushed downstairs to the front door, praying to god that he looked okay.

“Hey, you guys ready?” Yongguk asked.

“I am,” Jongup snorted, “I don't know about him,”

That comment earned him a smack on the back of the head from Daehyun.

“Aish, respect your elders Jonguppie,” Daehyun said, pouting. Jongup just shrugged and headed out the door towards Yongguk's car. As he walked ahead, Yongguk stayed behind to ask Daehyun a very important question.

“Dae? Do I, uh, do I look okay?” the rapper asked under his breath. Daehyun shot him a wide smile and gave him a thumbs up.

When they reached Himchan's house, they were all in complete awe at the modern-looking house. The outside walls were painted a pristine white. It was embellished with steel and glass. There were three stories, the third smaller than the first two and a koi pond out the front.

Yongguk and Daehyun were both a nervous wreck as Jongup rang the stainless steel doorbell.

It was Junhong who answered.

“Youngjae! Himchan! The other hyungs are here!” Junhong called out.

There was a small “Well let them in!” from upstairs. It was undoubtedly Himchan's voice. It made Yongguk unintentionally smile.

Junhong led them up a flight of stairs and into a cozy room that had a loveseat against one wall, cushions of all shapes and sizes scattered across the floor, and the biggest flat screen TV the three newcomers had ever seen.

Daehyun's eyes scanned the room for Youngjae, but he wasn't there.

“Don't worry, Romeo; he’s just making popcorn,” Himchan said as he placed a DVD in, seeing the way Daehyun pouted and frowned. Himchan walked over to the three boys and smiled. “Hi,”

“Hey,” Yongguk said as if he were completely uninterested and looked away. Himchan's smile faltered at the greeting – if you could call it that. Daehyun wondered why Yongguk was acting like that.

“Hi Himchan hyung,” Jongup waved.

“Hey hyung,” Daehyun said with a small bow.

Himchan reclaimed his seat on the white and chocolate brown loveseat. He gestured to the room with a sweep of his arm.

“Feel free to sit anywhere,” he said. Yongguk power-walked straight to the empty seat beside Himchan. The moment he sat down, Himchan got up and sat atop a few cushions on the floor.

By the time Youngjae re-entered the room (struggling to hold six hot bags of microwave buttered popcorn) the main menu of the movie was on – the only source of light in the room as he passed out the popcorn – the maknae line were sitting on the floor, so close to the TV it was probably bad for their eyes, Himchan was still on the floor, hugging his knees to his chest, Yongguk was alone on the couch, and Daehyun was sitting on the floor, a little to the back of the room in hopes that Youngjae would sit next to him.

Jealousy bubbled up in his chest like hot lava in a volcano when Youngjae took the spare seat beside Yongguk. Yongguk seemed to not notice the icy daggers Daehyun was shooting at him, as he was too busy watching Himchan. Part of Daehyun thought Youngjae was doing it on purpose as revenge for making him jealous, but that wasn't it at all. Youngjae just didn't want to sit on the floor; it's hard to enjoy a movie when all you can focus on is how numb your backside is.

So, Daehyun decided to try and focus on the movie. Tried and failed. He found it hard to concentrate on anything but the blonde boy sitting all-too-closely to his friend – especially when it wasn't even fifteen minutes into the movie and the blonde boy had clutched onto the rapper's arm and was burying his face into his bicep.

Dae growled under his breath and shot his friend a pointed look. The elder didn’t see him, as he was too engrossed in the movie – not paying any attention to the boy who was innocently hiding his face in his arm, or the utter anger and jealousy radiating off of his friend. Daehyun frowned and turned back to the movie just in time to see the monster jump out from nowhere and kill the harmless blonde girl.

The maknae's jumped back slightly and 'ooh'ed at the screen enthusiastically. Himchan covered his face with his hands. An adorable yelp came from Youngjae as he hid further into Yongguk. Daehyun looked at his friend again and saw that he was doing nothing to discourage the younger boy. Deciding he'd had enough, Dae stood up.

“I need to pee,” he announced rather loudly.

Himchan looked at him as if to say 'thanks for sharing'.

“It's just down the hall, the third door on the left,” the black-haired boy told him.

“Thanks hyung,” Daehyun said to Himchan. He turned to his friend before he left the room, “Yongguk, I'm scared. Walk with me,” he said, not seeming scared at all – more annoyed than anything.

“But I'm watching th-”

Now,” Daehyun hissed. Shocked at this side of Daehyun, Yongguk got up; causing Youngjae to falter and curl into a ball on his own.

Daehyun and Yongguk walked down the hall and stopped out front of the third door on the left.

“Aren't you going in?” Yongguk asked, clueless.

“No! What the hell is wrong with you?” he snapped at a whisper so not to be heard by the others – although it was unlikely.

“I thought you needed to-”

“I lied!”

“Why?” Yongguk frowned. “The movie was just getting good,”

“I'm sure that wasn't the only thing that was 'getting good'. How could you!?”

“How could I what?” Yongguk asked, not understanding what this was about.

“You know what!” Daehyun responded. Yongguk kinked an eyebrow in confusion. “Are you trying to tell me you weren't enjoying having Youngjae pressed up against you?” Daehyun asked, calming down.

Yongguk's eyes widened. “He was?”

“Yes!”

“I didn't notice!” he exclaimed, understanding why Daehyun was mad and wondering what Himchan would've thought. Daehyun, on the other hand, looked completely dumbfounded. “I was watching the mo-”

“You didn't notice? How did you not notice?!” Daehyun asked, once again riled up. “How do you just not notice that the most beautiful creature ever created is clinging onto like his life depended on it? How does your heart not beat at three-hundred miles per hour? How does your skin not burn when he touches you? How does your blood not rush south and how do you not to want to kiss the daylights out of him. How do-”

“Daehyun!” Yongguk interrupted. “I really don't need to know the gory details of your Youngjae-. Besides, you're blonde boy isn't exactly my type,”

Daehyun settled upon hearing that.

“Oh yeah, what was up with that, by the way?” Daehyun asked, remembering the way Yongguk treated Himchan when they got here.

“What was up with what?”

“You completely blowing off Himchan when he said 'hi',” Daehyun said obviously. “If that's what you call being 'obvious' then I don't want to see your 'subtle',”

“I-I didn't blow him off!” Yongguk defended, “I said hello,”

“You said it like you couldn't care less,” Daehyun pointed out. “Okay, here's the deal; we'll go back in there and switch spots. I’ll sit with Youngjae and you sit on the floor with Himchan and try to fix things. Arraso?”

Yongguk nodded and they made their way back to the others.

“Took you long enough,” Himchan mumbled when he felt someone sit beside him, thinking it was Daehyun. He looked beside him, only to get extremely anxious when he saw Yongguk beside him. He gulped, swallowing the nervous lump that had formed in his throat.

Yongguk gave him a small, warm smile. “Hi,” he said and Himchan smiled back.

Daehyun sat on the sofa beside Youngjae, finding it insanely cute the way Youngjae would cover his face with his eyes and then peak at the screen, only to cower in fright again. Daehyun was having such a good time watching Youngjae, he wasn't even paying attention to the movie anymore. He was sitting against the armrest, his legs crossed, as he faced the blonde. The screams of the characters and eerie music of the movie had faded out to background noise – all of Daehyun's senses were focused on the picture of perfection before him. After a particularly horrid death by the monster, Youngjae let out a scared squeak and all but jumped into Daehyun's lap.

Feeling bold, Daehyun gripped the back of Youngjae's thighs and pulled him closer, so that he was sitting with his legs on either side of Daehyun's and their chests were touching only slightly. Youngjae had his face nuzzled into the crook of Daehyun's neck and the elder could feel the blonde's heart beating rapidly, although neither boy knew if it was caused by the movie or the close proximity between them.

Youngjae lifted his head and his wide-eyed gaze locked on Daehyun's soft one. Dae placed his hands on Youngjae's arms and realised he was shivering. Youngjae s his arms around Dae's torso and under his warm jacket. In return, Daehyun rested his forehead against the younger's, completely oblivious to the people around him, and wrapped his arms tight around the other boy.

Daehyun's lips hovered over Youngjae's for a few seconds before he moved them to his cheek, despite his mind screaming at him to kiss him. He trailed kissed from Youngjae's cheek down to the junction where his neck and shoulder met, and let his head rest there as he embraced the younger.

He stayed there, finding comfort in the way Youngjae's heart skipped a few beats every time Daehyun peppered his neck with another butterfly kiss and how Youngjae's hot breath ghosted across his ear.

“Yes,” Youngjae mumbled softly so no one but them could hear, “I'll go to the festival with you,”

Daehyun only smiled and held onto Youngjae tighter.