{Chapter Thirty-Two}

No Boys Allowed!

Youngjae was released from the hospital two weeks after his surgery. Of course, he wasn’t just let out of hospital; he has medication he needs to take for the next month to stop infection, follow-up appointments with his GP back in Korea, not to mention the cream he has to put on that horrid scar he now has on his lower stomach, just above his V-line.

His mother and boyfriend didn’t leave his side the entire time he was confined to that room. Youngjae was more than thankful for all of their support. He never thought he’d admit this, but he was glad his umma told Daehyun about him – he doesn’t know what he would’ve done without his idiot of a boyfriend there.

When Youngjae got the all clear from his doctor, Sunhwa booked their flight back to Korea. As much as he loved New York, Youngjae couldn’t wait to see Himchan and Junhong, even Yongguk and Jongup, again. He left without saying goodbye and although he talked to Himchan on the phone, he couldn’t help but feel like he’d created a rift in their friendship.

They had spent their last night in NYC at the hotel. It was now the morning and they were all getting ready to go to the airport.

Youngjae popped the cap of the cream he had for his scar. Using one hand to lift up his shirt, he held the small tube in the other and was about to squeeze some out when a second, slightly larger, hand came out and snatched it from Youngjae’s fingertips. Youngjae let his shirt drop back down.

“Yah! Daehyun give that back!” he scolded his boyfriend.

“No, let me do it!” Daehyun argued, holding the tube away from Youngjae.

“What? Why? Just give it here!”

“No, Youngjae,” he placed a hand on Youngjae’s hip, holding him there. “I want to do it.”

“Why?” Youngjae asked again with a shake of his head.

“Because I want to help you! I feel so useless Jae; as much as I want to, I can’t magically take your pain away, I can’t force feed you meds, but I can do this. Please just let me.”

Youngjae wrapped his arms around himself.

Softly, he spoke. “I don’t want you to look at the scar; it’s gross and ugly.”

“I don’t think it’s ugly at all.” He said, pulling Youngjae closer. “I think it means that you’re so strong and brave. You have no idea how proud of you I am, Youngjae. You’ve been through so much; this scar is the mark of a survivor. It’s beautiful. You’re beautiful. Nothing will change my opinion.”

“But-”

“No buts!” Daehyun kissed the crown on Youngjae’s head before getting onto his knees, sliding Youngjae’s t-shirt up with one hand. He looked up at Youngjae and pressed his lips to the skin just above the horizontal scar. Dae squeezed some of the cream onto the red skin and massaged it in softly with his fingertips. He knew Youngjae was feeling self-conscious, but he also knew that would fade away soon enough. Daehyun smiled at his boyfriend. No matter how much he seemed like it, Youngjae was no princess; he was a warrior.

The plane trip back to Korea was nowhere near as terrible as the trip to New York, for either Daehyun or Youngjae. For the most part, Daehyun ate the complimentary roasted peanuts while Youngjae slept peacefully on his shoulder. Daehyun looked down at Youngjae; he looked so serene as he slept. Daehyun hadn’t seen him look so calm in too long. Dae’s eyes traced over Youngjae’s features; from his long, thick lashes to his milky skin to his adorable cheeks to those soft pink lips that Daehyun was ever-so-privileged being the only person allowed to kiss them.

“You should wake him up soon,” Sunhwa said from the other side of Youngjae, looking up from her magazine. “The plane will be landing soon.”

Daehyun nodded, not taking his eyes off his boyfriend. “I know. Let’s just give him one more minute of peace.”

That one minute turned into ten as Daehyun didn’t want to wake up his sleeping beauty. He had no choice when the pilot announced that they were approaching Seoul.

“Youngjae, baby it’s time to wake up.” Daehyun whispered softly, shaking Youngjae. The brunette stirred. “Jae-ah, we’re nearly in Seoul.”

Youngjae hummed before his eyes fluttered open, immediately seeking out Daehyun.

“Was I asleep this whole time?” he asked, his voice groggy. Daehyun nodded. “Why didn’t you wake me sooner?”

Daehyun pressed his lips to Youngjae’s forehead. “Because it was the first peaceful sleep I’ve seen you have in a month.”

Youngjae didn’t move his head from Daehyun’s shoulder just yet. A light caught his ring, making it shine in the corner of his eye and bringing his attention to it. Forever Daehyun’s. The words made his heart flutter. If he and Daehyun get married, Youngjae thinks, he wants to take Daehyun’s last name. His father will probably want Youngjae to carry on the Yoo name, but if he was being completely honest to himself, Youngjae didn’t want the Yoo name anymore. He wanted to be a Jung. Yoo Youngjae was a young, naïve boy who didn’t know who he was or how to stand up for himself. His parents, although having good intentions, kept a life-altering secret from him for seventeen years and punished him for it instead of telling him why. That wasn’t a legacy he wanted to carry around with him. It was because of Jung Daehyun that Youngjae is who he is now, someone he is proud to be; a Jung (even if it wasn’t official yet).

Himchan, Junhong, Yongguk, Jongup, Yejin and Jaeho were waiting for them when they arrived at the airport.

Youngjae’s father approached Youngjae, engulfed him in a hug and told him how proud he is of Youngjae, and how sorry he was about having to stay in Korea. Youngjae assured him it was okay and let him go to greet Sunhwa.

“Youngjae hyung!” Zelo screamed happily and ran toward his best friend.

Daehyun chuckled.

“I’ll go get our bags.” He said to Youngjae but didn’t leave before placing a kiss on his fluffy cheek.

Junhong wrapped his arms around Youngjae tight, but then released him quickly upon remembering that Youngjae was still recovering from surgery.

“I’m sorry!” he exclaimed. “Did I hurt your scar?”

“Ani.” Youngjae said and then pulled Junhong back into a bear hug. The younger rapper held onto him tightly as though he were afraid his friend would leave again. A pang of guilt stabbed Youngjae’s heart. “I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye Junnie.”

“It’s okay, hyung,” Junhong said, taking a step back to face Youngjae properly. “Himchan hyung told me what happened, and I understand why you had to leave so suddenly, but don’t you dare ever do it again!”

Youngjae laughed, but agreed. Himchan greeted him next with another big hug and even some tears.

“Pabo, why are you crying?!” Youngjae scolded teasingly.

Himchan wiped at his eyes with his sleeve. “I just missed you, okay? I was worried.”

Yongguk took Himchan’s hand, squeezing it lightly. Himchan in turn turned around, wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and let all of his tears out into his broad chest. Himchan always was one to get over-emotional over things.

Jongup bowed, telling Youngjae it was nice to see him. Youngjae didn’t fail to notice Junhong holding Jongup’s hand, but the elder figured he could wait until later to question them about that.

Next was Yejin, and neither of them really knew how to face each other. They both felt like they had let the other down. Yejin felt horrible for the way she treated Youngjae after he left, and Youngjae hated knowing he gave her good reason to distrust him.

“Yejin.” He said, bowing his head politely, both hands clasped firmly in front of him.

“Youngjae.” She replied equally as formally.

“Yejin, I-”

“Youngjae, I-”

“Sorry, you go first.”

“No, no please, you go on.”

After an awkward silence, Youngjae continued. “I’m sorry I left Daehyun after assuring you I wouldn’t hurt him again. I'm sorry I betrayed your trust and broke your son’s heart. I hope you know I didn’t leave with that intention.”

“Oh, Youngjae, I’m sorry! I judged you too harshly without stopping to think that you had your own personal reasons. Please forgive me.”

Youngjae smiled. “Of course I forgive you! Can you forgive me?”

“Will you please just hug already?” a smirking Daehyun interjected having watched the awkward exchanges between his mother and boyfriend.

Yejin laughed out loud and then held her arms out to Youngjae. Youngjae gladly accepted her hug.

As Youngjae looked around him at all of his friends and family, he felt like he was being healed piece by piece. It felt like so long ago when he was just an innocent boy; too scared to go against his parents, even if it meant fighting for something he wanted more than anything, and thinking that he’d never need anyone more than his only two friends.

A heavy arm slung over Youngjae’s shoulder, pressing the brunette against the side of the body the arm belonged to.

“So,” Daehyun kissed his boyfriend’s cute button nose. “What now, baby?”

Youngjae paused to think, but he knew there was really only one thing he wanted to do right now.

“Movie night at my house!” he said, smiling brightly.

“Yes!” Junhong and Jongup cheered, high-fiving each other excitedly. “Hyung, lets watch horror movies again!” the youngest suggested.

Youngjae cringed. “I don’t think I could stomach that right now, Zelo. How about we play it safe; comedy?”

“I think that sounds good.” Yongguk agreed, his arm around Himchan.

“I’m happy with whatever as long as I'm not supplying the popcorn!” Himchan chimed in.

Youngjae felt good, for the first time since he met Daehyun, things felt normal. In fact, he felt more like himself than he did before he even met Daehyun. Youngjae had a feeling that this is who he was meant to be, and these people were the ones that would be with him throughout the rest of his life. He couldn’t be more pleased with the five losers he was going to be stuck with for the next eternity.

They all drove to Youngjae’s house, Junhong and Yongguk taking a pit stop to pick up movies and popcorn. Yejin, Sunhwa and Jaeho chatted in the kitchen happily. Youngjae had an inkling that they would be great friends in the years to come.

The movies were light-hearted and funny, just what Youngjae needed, although he found it hard to focus on them with Daehyun sitting so closely beside him. Each time he tried to focus on the movie playing, he was distracted by Daehyun’s laugh. He was mesmerised by the way his eyes sparkled when he laughed. He loved the way Daehyun would steal not-so subtle glances at Youngjae. Sometimes, Youngjae would already be looking at him and it would become an unspoken staring contest that Daehyun would always lose as he pounced forward, closing his eyes and claiming Youngjae as his own with a needy kiss because he just couldn’t stop himself when Youngjae was looking at him like that.

Daehyun gazed lovingly into Youngjae’s eyes as he hovered over him. He brushed the boy’s hair out of the way so that he could see Youngjae’s eyes properly. Daehyun would never grow tired of looking at Youngjae. As he thought back on all that it took to get Youngjae and to get their relationship to this point, Daehyun knew that it was all worth it and if he could go back, he wouldn’t change a thing. The ups, the downs, the tears, the smiles, the secret kisses and the public ones; every moment was worth it.

As Daehyun leaned down to bring their lips together, Youngjae smiled. This is exactly where he wanted to be; with his best friends and the boy he loved, said boy kissing him without a thought of the other four people in the room because to him, Youngjae was all that mattered. Yes, he thought, he couldn’t be happier.

Youngjae didn’t know what was going to happen in the future. He didn’t know if he and Daehyun would have another child, he didn’t know if they’d get married, he didn’t even know if they would stay together but there was one thing he was absolutely certain of; no matter what happens from this moment on, he would forever love the boy who taught him that some rules are just meant to be broken.

X x X x X

...and they lived happily ever after. The end!

Wow, even I can barely believe it's the end! It's been a real rollercoaster elevator ride of emotions, hasn't it? This story was first published on the 9th of April, 2014, so today is the 1 Year Anniversary of No Boys Allowed! Let's all give a round of applause to Daehyun and Youngjae for making it this far!

365 days, 32 chapters, 155 pages, 60 060 words and 295 subscribers later, this journey has come to an end. I didn't quite make it to 300 subscribers like I wanted to, but (although I am marking the story complete) there is still the epilogue to go so I haven't lost hope yet!

If you know someone who would like this story, it would mean so much to me if you could recommend it to them!

Please upvote if you have loved reading this as much as I have loved writing it! Also, please leave me a comment because I love hearing your feedback~!

If you liked this and you love DaeJae, please check out my story Sleep Well, Dream Sweet if you haven't already. The next story I will be working on is it's sequel Wide Awake so get subscribing if you don't want to miss the grand premiere!

I love you all!!! Thank you so much for sticking by me throughout all the DaeJae drama and late updates on my part.

Stay tuned for the epilogue!

♡♡♡♡♡