Displacement

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

“Thanks! I’ll make it up to you next time, okay?”

Oh Sehun wakes up from the same dream or should he say memory because it really isn’t just a dream. He can still remember everything like it was only yesterday. Every detail is vivid; starting from how he was saved, treated, and given a drink that he would never imagine it to be his favorite thing, eventually. In all honesty, he thinks that the man that day was cool. He wonders if he could be that guy; brave yet kind. Sehun is forever thankful to him because after that day, Sehun learned to stand up and fight for himself. He’s never scared, ever since.  

And he can still remember that person’s face. He may not have that sharp memory to recollect important lectures but how can he forget that person? He’s one of a kind for never did he see someone who resembles the man. Never did he see someone having the same thick eyebrows, lively but narrow eyes, puffy cheeks and thin lips. If Sehun can make an amusing simile, he thinks that the guy looks like a chipmunk. Cute.

It’s been a year since the incident but he’s not yet giving up on wishing that, one day, he would meet the man again. If that happens, he’ll be the one to treat that person in the same shop to extend his gratitude. He may not admit it to himself but, he regrets not saying a single ‘thank you’. He’ll surely say it the next time they meet, if ever that happens.

Quickly, he prepares for school and within a span of 30 minutes, he’s ready. He doesn’t take the trouble to bid goodbye because there would be no one seeing him off. They’re always busy and up for work.

On the way to school, a shameless person put an arm on his shoulders. Sehun perfectly knows who it is; Kim Jongin, his best friend since he saved the latter’s on the first week of school from the bullies. Yes, Shameless indeed.

“Yo, what’s up? Can’t you believe it? We’re now second years!” Jongin excitedly shouts in Sehun’s ear.

“Yeah, sure. Can you tune down? I can hear you. It’s not as if we’re thousand miles apart.”

“Aish.” Jongin mutters under his breath. “Sure, if you can stop being a stuck up .”

Sehun is sure as hell ready to kick his friend’s shin but Jongin moves faster than he is. In no more than a second, Jongin effectively puts some distance between them.

“Yah! Come back here!” Sehun shouts after a Kim Jongin who’s laughing snidely.

 

As soon as the school assembly ends, they head straight to their respective classrooms. Both Jongin and Sehun are pleased to be on the same class. They pick the seats (since they have the liberty to do so) on the back row, near the windows. It’s their favorite area by the way. There, it’s easy to watch other class’/year’s P.E. And that also means more chances of seeing the beauties.

Jongin taps Sehun’s shoulder once, twice, until the latter pays him attention.

“What is it?” Sehun asks in his default blank poker-face.

“What did you choose for your electives?” Jongin asks.

Sehun shrugs. He just holds up his schedule which Jongin snatches precariously. He fears for a moment that Jongin would tear it.

“You chose Physics? Seriously?”

“What can I do? I’d have to deal with it. Why not start now?”

 Jongin applauds for that.

“Ah. I see. The blood of the geniuses Oh runs through your veins.”

“Really? Well, I can say that stupid Kims’ blood flows through yours.”

Kim Jongin bangs his table before he could stop himself (but it’s half-hearted anyway).

“Hey! I was praising you!”

Sehun smirks at Jongin’s childishness and stupidity. Before he could hear Jongin’s comeback, their class adviser enters the room.

 

Formal classes started on the second day. They groaned from frustration because the teachers were very serious about it. “You’re not here to have fun, okay?” one of the strict teachers reminded them.

Oh Sehun sits at the back of the class on Physics time. But he’s surely surprised when he saw Jongin, entering too and making way to sit next to him.

“I thought you don’t like Physics?” Sehun asks as his friend sits comfortably in his place.

“I heard Boa-ssam will be teaching Physics. She’s pretty, you know?”

Sehun purses his lips. Respect isn’t a part of Jongin’s vocabulary.

“Jongin, you’re forgetting that she’s our teacher. Respect, Jongin, respect.” Sehun warns the guy. “Besides, you’re here to learn, not to study our Physics teacher’s face.” And body, if he may add.

“Hi everyone~” Kwon Boa’s voice resounds in the room as she arrives. “It’s nice that you chose my subject to waste your time on.”

Everyone laughs at her joke. She successfully eliminates the tense atmosphere because they were expecting the worse. Instantly, almost everyone select Boa as their default favorite teacher. Jongin nudges Sehun with his elbow; much to the latter’s chagrin. He wiggles his eyebrows playfully, silently proving his point. Sehun can only throw him a dirty look as a response.

“I had fun!” Boa exclaims after their lesson. “But it’s sad to say that we’ll only be together for two weeks or so.”

Her announcement gathers a unified cry of ‘aww’. And all of them ask why.

“I planned this a long time ago. And now would be the perfect time to grab the opportunity.” She answers them calmly. “But don’t worry! I know that you’ll be in good hands. After all, our school only thinks best for the students~”

Some pushes for more information but Sehun is too absorbed in his notes to listen to them.  

 

 

 

---

A/N: Hi! I'm having doubts whether I should post this already or what because I'm not sure if I used the honorific right. As of now, I can confidently say that I know how to use the usual (oppa, unnie,-yah,-ah,-ssi etc.) but please help me! I'm in trouble! OTL