Manipulative Variable

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

In the middle of enthusiastic students and interesting booths, Luhan looks a little lost. If it weren’t for the festive ambiance, he would have gone bat crazy. He’s just thankful that the events around him are enough to distract him from finding Minseok. But every time he sees couples that are handcuffed and doing things like they are in a date, his determination to find his baby burns brighter. He wants to try that with Minseokiee too.

 

“Are you ready for your first mission?”

Minseok hears Jongin but a certain figure among the crowd steals his attention. He squints to see that person better. There’s no way he’d mistake that light brown and curly hair with someone else. No way.  He grips Jongin on the shoulder. “Jongin, we should do this somewhere else.” He says, still looking at Luhan’s direction.

“Why?” Jongin asks nonchalantly.

“Ugh...I just don’t feel like doing this here.” Minseok racks his brain for a better excuse but he finds none. He just hopes that they’ll go on before his roommate sees them. Luhan spells trouble. Who knows what he can possibly do if he finds him in this position. His personality contradicts his innocent face after all. After months of living with him, Minseok discovered that Luhan can be quite possessive...

Seeing by how their teacher seems to be a little bit in panic, Jongin scans their surroundings. He doesn’t get it at first so he makes sure to look at where Minseok’s gaze is directed. Sure enough, the guy he saw yesterday is standing there, eyes wide, as if he’s searching for something...or someone.”Hyung, you want to escape?” He whispers at Minseok’s ear. He makes sure that Sehun didn’t hear it.  

Sehun acts rather quickly and pushes Jongin, earning a glare from his friend. “This is the second time. I told you, hands off.” He says in a deep voice. He doesn’t know why Jongin has to whisper. If it’s about this crappy punishment, it should be okay to include him. Something fishy is going on here.

Aish, this little . Here I am saving your from a deer looking guy and all you do is push me?  Okay, Jongin doesn’t know where he got that but doe-eyed people are pretty unusual and new to him. He makes a face and averts his attention to their teacher. “I’m on it.”

Minseok smiles gratefully at that. He squeezes Sehun’s hand before dragging him.  “Come on Thehuniee. Let’s get out of here.”

For a moment, Sehun is glued on his place. How can he possibly move? The fact that Minseok called him Thehuniee caught him off guard. It’s kind of hard to think especially when it successfully took his breath away. He tries to ignore it and that fairly reminds him of the rule, much to his dismay. “M-Minnie, what’s happening?” He stumbles a little bit but Minseok pulls him right before his face is about to meet the ground.

Minseok momentarily looks back at his student. “No time to explain Thehuniee.” He answers briefly. His mind is too preoccupied with escape plans. He knows that Jongin will do something about Luhan but he’s afraid of what Luhan might say to Jongin. That thought alone makes him turn completely.

Sehun really didn’t expect that full turn. Embarrassing as it is, he bumps into Minseok. “Whoa there big guy! Oh my, I’m sorry Thehuniee.” He hears his partner’s sheepish apology. Minseok’s every move is testing him...Sehun swears he might die any minute. He knows he should somehow control his feels but it’s rather hard when he’s oversensitive at every touch. His senses are going into overdrive. And they’re basically betraying him. He notices little things that normal people wouldn’t. Like how his teacher smells faintly of coffee and some mild cologne. And he can’t possibly miss how soothing Minseok’s warm hand is on his somewhat cold skin as they try to regain balance from their slight collision. That’s weird. Need he say more?

Their faces are also only inches apart. While his heart is busy hammering in his chest, his mind shuts down automatically because Minseok is just grinning at him. How can his teacher just smile at him when here he is dying slowly because they’re too close for comfort? In fact, they’re so close that he only needs to lean forward a little more to...Oh Sehun, you’re thoroughly ed up. Admit it, stupid. Ugh you’re disgusting! He berates himself.

Sad truth for Sehun, everything seems to be in slow motion. However, it all happened in a flash for Minseok and warning Jongin is more important than anything else. Minseok angles his head to see if Jongin is still there. Thankfully, Jongin barely moved and he’s watching them flee. “Please, don’t believe in whatever he says.”  He mouths and makes an okay hand gesture to see if Jongin somehow understood him. When his student reciprocated the gesture, he exhales deeply before running away with Sehun at his heels.

 

As he is left standing alone in the midst of excited teens, Jongin lets out a soft whistle. He clasps his hands together behind his back and looks for his target. Oh...Where is he? . This is bad. Target is out of sight! A hint of panic rises to his throat but he swallows it down. He clears his mind and tries to locate his prey but his frantic actions state otherwise. “Here little deer, where are you?” He whispers repeatedly as if he’s just calling out for his dog. This is the sole reason why he hates hide-and-seek. His patience is pretty short and he doesn’t like wasting time. After ten minutes or so, he still can’t find Luhan. He’s terribly annoyed by now that he can flip tables if he ever has the chance.  

Slumping down on one of the benches around the quadrangle, Jongin massages the knots in his shoulder. He’s really trying hard to fight the urge to pull his hair out of frustration. Momentarily staring at the sky, he prays, “Patience, I’m begging you. Please come back.” He closes his eyes afterwards and covers them with his forearm.

“Uhm...excuse me...” A timid voice interrupts his train of thoughts on how to kill Sehun after this fair. (Hey, he’s a cupid and he’s practically the mastermind behind this improved so he can stray from what is written on their cue cards...)

“Yes?” Jongin lazily replies. He doesn’t even move to see who’s asking him. Whoever you are, please die. I’m quite busy finding a certain deer while thinking of the best way to kill a named Sehun.

“Have you seen Minseokiee?”

He starts upon hearing the nickname. Quickly, he removes his forearm and finds himself staring up to a doe-eyed person. It takes all of his will to keep his cool and restrain himself from jumping around like a lunatic. “Ugh...” he tries to be nonchalant. “And who might you be?” Sitting properly, he pats the space next to him as an invitation. Luhan gratefully takes the offer.

“Hi~ I’m Luhan.” He says while childishly waving his hand.

“Hello. Jongin here.” Jongin replies as he slightly tilts his head. “I guess you’re a hyung...?” You don’t look like it though... “I haven’t seen you around here before.”

Luhan giggles as if he’s laughing at his own private joke before he answers. “Actually, it should be sunbae~”

“Ah really?” I know. Jongin feigns a shock and apologizes.

“Nah~ but I’m okay with just hyung.” For a while, they’re quiet as they watch people pass by. Luhan breaks this silence by bringing back his matter. “So Jongin-ssi, have you seen my Minseokiee?”

Your Minseokiee?” Jongin didn’t mean to emphasize but he’s theory might be true.

“Yeah, my Minseokiee.”

“Oh...” Jongin suppresses his shock. Instead, he rubs his chin with his thumb and forefinger as if in deep thought. “I think I’ve seen him somewhere...”

“Really?” Luhan bounces in his place and absently holds onto Jongin. “Where is he?”

Jongin stares at Luhan, deeply wishing that he looks really regretful. And the Oscar goes to none other than Kim Jongin! He inwardly congratulates himself. “But seonsaengim’s whereabouts is pretty hard to describe because it’s quite well hidden. You might miss it even though you’ve been here before.”

“Why?”

“Uhm...because that room is new and there’s no plan for that yet so...” Jongin shrugs his shoulders. “Very few people know about it by the way, therefore, you can’t just ask anyone concerning that.”

“But you will help me, right?” Luhan flashes his (renowned) puppy eyes while clinging to Jongin. This will work. This always works! He chants as if it’s a mantra.

“Sure.” Jongin responds coolly. “I don’t see any problem with that.” He smiles widely. But behind that smile is a wicked plan. The predator finally caught its prey.

Jongin makes sure that they went through empty buildings and hallways where no soul could see them. Luhan is quite a chatterbox. Jongin just wishes that no one heard them.  

“Are you sure he’s here?” Luhan finally asks when they seem to be walking around in circles.

“Unless he went off somewhere else, I’m pretty sure that he’s here.” Jongin opens the door to the practice room and lets the other guy enter before him.

“Jongin-ssi...” Luhan nervously looks back to the student behind him. “This is nothing but an empty practice room.” The soft click of the door only makes him more jumpy than he already is.

“Exactly.” Jongin smirks then closes the distance between them. He stares down at the wide-eyed person in front of him.

“Wha-“ Everything happened in a blur then. One moment, he’s fighting to get away but it’s rendered futile because Jongin is so much stronger. Then the next thing he knows is he’s wrist hurts like hell after being handcuffed to the barre. “What the-“

Crouching down, Jongin puts his index finger on his lips. “Hyung, you keep quiet while I do my job, okay?” He brings out a cupcake out of nowhere (since when did he...? He’s an effing wizard alright) then gives it to the teary-eyed older man. Wow, I never thought someone in their twenties can resemble a baby when they’re on the verge of crying. Pretty...“I don’t like to hurt you but I guess I had to.” He removes the headband he’s wearing and puts it on Luhan. “Be right back~” Then, he stands up and turns to walk.

“Yah! Where do you think you’re going?!” Luhan shrieks but Jongin is already out of the room.

“I’m a genius! No one would hear you Bambi!” Jongin shouts at the door and cackles out loud. His laugh is short lived when another thought occupied his mind. “Now...where are the love birds?” He scratches his head from annoyance. “Ugh, I’ve had enough of this game. Darn it.”

 

“I think we’re safe here.” Minseok breathlessly collapses on the stair that leads to the rooftop of the main school building. No one really goes there especially now that it’s restricted to ensure that everyone participates in the fair. Sehun follows his action so they sit side by side.

“Hyung, c-can you explain what’s happening? Why are we running away?” Sehun questions while gasping for air.

Minseok shakes his head (much to Sehun’s chagrin) and beams at the boy beside him. “It’s nothing! It’s just-” He suddenly yawns. “Oops, sorry~” He apologizes sheepishly. “My sister kept me up last night for some homeworks...uh...”

“Sister?” Sehun instantly becomes curious and he doesn’t even hide it. “How does she look like?”

“People always mistake us as twins even though she’s younger.”

“She looks like you? She’s very pretty then...” Sehun blurts out without actually thinking but he didn’t bother to take it back.

Being an overprotective brother, Minseok’s fluffy aura becomes hard and dark. His usual cute voice disappears and is quickly replaced by a deep one. “Don’t even think about it...” He says rather sharply.

The glare he’s throwing at Sehun slowly softens as another idea hits him. He’s practically saying that... Minseok feels the heat creeping up his face so he hides it quickly by resting his head on the railing. “Whatever, I’m going to sleep.”

“Minnie, I’m just kidding.” Sehun tries to apologize. He waits for a reply or anything but nothing comes. His panicky side kicks in. He looks at his teacher only to find that...he’s already asleep?! Sehun pokes Minseok’s round cheek to see if he would get any reaction but Minseok just wrinkles his nose. He can’t help but smile to himself. “Yah, Minnie why so cute? You’re going to kill me.” Minseok moans in his sleep and scares the out of his student. Did he hear me? Sehun nervously thinks. Thankfully, Minseok remained still like a log.

He angles his head to see Minseok’s face better. Please, someone tell me that he’s an angel because he’s too good to be true. How can someone be this perfect? For Sehun, Minseok is flawless. From looks to personality, he’s got it all. He doesn’t know if that’s the reason why he’s so in love with this perfect human being. Perhaps, he’s just overwhelmed by how this person can be so ideal even though he’s just a mortal. It’s so impossible... Sehun repeats that over and over again but Minseok will always be there to remind him that yes, it is possible. Maybe, it’s just him. He’s new to this feeling called love. Heck, he doesn’t even know if it’s normal to think that the best thing in this world is the one you love. It’s driving him crazy. Call it cliché or whatever but this is what he feels. He can’t control it and because he’s insane, he won’t. It’s just that even though he was hurt before, he doesn’t know why his world is still brighter than ever. A little bit of Minseok is enough to make him giddy all over like a teenage girl getting a hello from her crush.

Now, as he studies Minseok’s face, he can’t push away the fact that he wants this person to be his. It’s too much to ask...Aish Sehun! Stop it! Don’t let your delusions conquer your sanity. He shakes his head as if that can also shake off those inappropriate thoughts.  

Unexpectedly, Minseok leans onto Sehun and rests his head on the younger’s shoulder. Sehun is stunned for the longest time of his life. He doesn’t know what to do. His mouth hangs open. What should I do? What should I do? What should I do? What the actual ? Sehun hasn’t moved on when his teacher nuzzled his neck to make him comfortable on his student. Sehun thinks his heart rate almost decreased to a flat-line. He manages to smile slowly despite his erratic breathing. This is what he’s talking about. His smile gets wider and wider to the point that his cheeks hurt. He worries his lower lip with his teeth to distract himself from the heat on his face. Quickly, he plants a chaste kiss on Minseok’s crown.  Jongin if you ever arrive and destroy this moment, I will kill you. I swear...

Sehun smiles contentedly and rests his head lightly on Minseok’s.

 

 

 

---

A/N: I don't know man...I was listening to Jesse McCartney's Just So You Know (especially on XiuHun's part) so I have no idea what's going on...ahahaha I'm forever alone...lemme just...ugh what is this feeling? I feel so empty...okay, don't mind me! 

I changed the background because my brother caught me updating once. He said that having lines on the background is pretty distracting and dizzying so yeah...(I tried finding an image that looks the same or has the same color as the main picture but I can't T.T)

A talk with Lulu (mini-series LOL. Don’t mind this. I’m crazy)

  • Lulu: O.O
  • Me: Wae Lulu? Your deer face is showing
  • Lulu: Finally met Jongin....
  • Me: So? You’ll end up with your Xiumin , right?
  • Lulu: >///< But that kid is very handsome! Omona! I’m cheating on my Baozi!!!
  • Me: Aish some people can’t handle Jongin’s iness..