Equilibrium

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

“Where have you been?”

The moment Minseok steps inside the apartment, he’s attacked by his roommate with an accusing tone. He strains to appear passive and unaffected, but he can’t actually hide anything from Luhan.

“Uhm... outside...?” he replies, trying to look innocent. He passes by Luhan and then flops down on the couch. He’s sore everywhere and Luhan is not helping at all.

Luhan turns in time with Minseok slumping on the couch. He clicks his tongue and follows Minseok with arms akimbo. “Yah, Kim Minseok we’ve been together since, when?” He pauses (for dramatic effect and because he’s Luhan) and waits for Minseok to answer. Minseok just stares at him, though, as if mocking him. “Since freshmen!” he supplies to his own question. “And you still want to hide things from me? Oh, come on. I feel like you’re disregarding our friendship...”

Minseok folds his arms across his chest while shaking his head. Luhan is being overdramatic just to get something out of him. If Luhan were a woman, Minseok thinks, maybe he could presume that Luhan is just having his monthly period.

“Oh, I see,” Luhan narrows his eyes and leans in a little bit, to close the distance between them. “You’ve been on a date~”

“It’s not like that!” Minseok quickly defends himself without actually thinking. It’s too late for him to realize that he just dug his own grave. “I m-mean—”

Luhan smiles manically. “Caught ‘ya~” He singsongs and proceeds to sit down next to Minseok. “Don’t you want to share some of your experience?” He loops his arm to Minseok’s and clings on him like a koala.

“No, I don’t.” Minseok deadpans, prying Luhan off him. “Ugh... get away from me, please.”

“Okay, let me rephrase that, my dear Minseokkie.” Luhan pinches Minseok’s cheek. “You’re required to tell me everything. You wouldn’t want to let Mrs. Kim know about this, right?” He shows his angel-like smile to add some effect.

“Fine!” Minseok finally stops trying to escape, because Luhan has his ways to know the truth. “I told you: it was not a date. We—”

“We?” Luhan interjects. “Who’s the lucky one?”

Minseok makes a face before answering. “Sehun—”

“That lanky teenager you told me about? Wow, you’ve got some weird taste Minseokkie.”

“Yah! He’s not that bad...” oops another mistake...

Luhan gives Minseok a knowing-smile, almost taunting, actually. “Not that bad, eh~ If I’m not mistaken, that’s the kid who confessed to you, right? So what? Does he have a chance?”

“Aish... of course not! So, shut your trap, will you?”

“Psh,” Luhan laughs. “Then, why are you blushing?”

“I’m not!” Minseok says, indignantly. He wills himself to calm down, but it just doesn’t work. The more he thinks about it, the more his face becomes hotter.

“Well, good luck with that.” Luhan says as he releases Minseok to search for the remote. A pillow suddenly hits his back. He turns around to see the smirk on Minseok’s face. “You...” He growls, then picks up a weapon of his own.

3. Help him (be his loyal servant) (¬д¬) <---SH: Jongin, stop messing with my list! 凸(`0´)凸

        JI: Why? It suits you, peasant~ (^(I)^)v

Incident #3.1

“Hi seonsaengnim!” Sehun greets his teacher happily—brighter than usual—when he comes across Minseok one afternoon. And, at the sight of his teacher carrying a lot of things (by a lot, he means a messenger bag and three books), he quickly runs to him and practically snatches the items.

“Uh—Wait—what?” Minseok is slightly confused at first. Sehun moves faster than a lightning and it leaves him dumbfounded.

“Let me carry these for you~” Sehun smiles so radiantly that’s blinding Minseok.

“Huh? N-no... It’s okay.” Minseok tries to retrieve his bag, but Sehun is quick enough to dodge. He attempts a protest, but all of it dies in his mouth the moment Sehun turns to flash a toothy smile, complete with an eyebrow wiggle. Weird as it seems, he suddenly feels light-headed and his heart skips a beat.

4. A way to a man’s heart is through his stomach ( ˘˘)

Incident #4.1

Jongin jolts awake at the sound of casseroles and pans crashing on the floor. Distracted from his little nap, he can feel the veins on his forehead throbbing with pain and annoyance.

“Aish, you little ...” Jongin makes a sound at the back of his throat and reaches for a pan, knife, or anything to hurt his friend with. He ends up with nothing, so he settles on his most intimidating glare that he can manage. “Why am I here? Why do you have to wake me up in a ing ungodly hour, which is ing four in the morning? Who in their right mind would do that?”

“Me,” Sehun quips. “Just teach me how to cook and you’re free to go.”

“Just like that?” Jongin exclaims, completely exasperated and defeated. “Why now? Can we just do this later, after school?”

Sehun shakes his head. “No. This is not for me, you know?”

A realization hits Jongin. “Ah... You know, you could have told me earlier, and you could also have woken me up nicely.”

After that, is a catastrophe. Sehun is hopeless, Jongin thinks throughout the cooking lesson. But, at least, they end up with an edible and decent food (in their opinion).

A quiet knock on the door distracts Minseok from checking his student’s activity papers. Absently, he says, “Come in.”

The door opens, revealing Sehun with hands hidden behind him.

“Oh, hi, Sehun-ah, how may I help you?”

“Have you eaten lunch?” Sehun asks without any hesitation.

Taken aback by the sudden question, Minseok replies “Ugh... No... Why?”

“Nice!” Sehun exclaims as if he won the lottery, then quickly puts a dosirak on top of his teacher’s desk.

“What’s this?” Minseok inspects the lunch box, then opens it, finally.

“Lunch!”

“I can see that...” Minseok slowly speaks. “Did you make this...” cautiously, he whispers “...for me?”

Sehun only nods as a response.

“Wow...I-I—“ Minseok shakes his head, while a small smile is creeping to his face. “Thank you... I-I guess...?” When he finally tilts his head up, Sehun is already by the door.

“I still have a class, so... bon a petit? Bye~”

Minseok stares at the bento in front of him. It’s simple, with fried rice and an egg roll at the side, but that’s not all to it. Written in messy ketchup across the rice, it says, “Eat well, hyung!” and below it are the numbers 1, 4, and 3. Suddenly, he feels his heart pounding abnormally at the sight of the written numbers. He quickly smears them, thinking that it could erase the uneasiness he’s been feeling ever since...

10. Use the Law of Scarcity (The Final Blow) (ò_óˇ) <---SH: Seriously

 JI: Seriously.

“Do you think this will work?” Sehun asks Jongin during P.E. class.

“Sure.” Jongin shrugs his shoulder and shifts from his seat at the bleachers. “He’ll come around. Be patient, kiddo.”

Minseok isn’t the type to miss things that easily. Often, he’s occupied with mental calculations and deadlines. However, the usual thoughts are replaced by Sehun and his whereabouts.

It’s strange. He always seems to say that every time Sehun decides to invade his mind—which is every second of every day— especially now that he can’t see him anywhere. It’s kind of hard to admit, but he feels like something is missing. He’s used to seeing Sehun here and there. He even finds himself looking forward to a tall teenager knocking on his door and

smiling at him while holding a dosirak, activity papers, or just anything to be honest. So, when he sees the kid by the school gate one time, he can’t stop himself from calling out to catch Sehun’s attention.

“Sehun-ah!”

“Yes, seonsaengnim?” Sehun looks up to Minseok’s direction.

And because it’s all out of impulse, Minseok doesn’t really know what to say. “I—uh—uhm—” he smiles apologetically, feeling the burn on his nape (and possibly on his cheeks). “I—it’s nothing. Don’t mind me. I just want to say hi.” He shakes his head and walks away, as if nothing happened.

Right after that, Sehun reports to Jongin. “Jongin!!!” Sehun shouts, just when he arrives at their classroom. Heads turn to his direction, but, thankfully, there are only a few people in their room.

“What is it?” Jongin looks at Sehun with wild eyes. “And, mind you, we’re not mountains apart, so you don’t have to yell.”

“Sorry, can’t control the feels.” Sehun smiles sheepishly while shrugging off his bag. “I just—I don’t know.” He takes a seat and faces Jongin. “I think it’s working.”

“What is working?”

“The plan, you idiot!” Sehun whispers harshly.

“Wow, I appreciate the compliment,” Jongin deadpans and leaves Sehun squealing and fanboying over their Physics teacher.

“Uh, Sehun,” Minseok calls out amidst the throng of students piling out of the door.

“You called me?” Sehun stops walking then looks back to his teacher. When Minseok nods, he backs out, until he’s just standing by a chair.

Minseok waits until the students are all out, save for Sehun. “Are you busy today?”

“I don’t think so,” Sehun speaks ever so slowly as if he’s really thinking about it. But the truth is, he’s only trying to control himself. “Why?” he asks, as an afterthought.

“Nothing...I just haven’t seen you around recently. And,” Minseok averts his gaze down to his table and pretends to arrange some papers on top of it. “It’s a little bit strange... I guess...?”

“How is it strange? I attend school every day. In fact, I think I’m always here!”

“Ah, is that so?” Minseok looks at Sehun, but sustaining it proves to be hard for him, so he returns to rearranging things on his desk. “Well, maybe it’s just me...”

“Do you need help with anything? Perhaps, you need someone to check those for you?” Sehun questions as he moves to stand in front of Minseok. “Missed me?” He didn’t intend to ask that one, but he also can’t bring himself to take it back. So, he swallows all of the doubt and hopes a little that he’d hear the answer he’s been waiting for.

Minseok lifts his head and regrets it later on, because he finds that their faces are only inches apart. All of the air is caught in his throat and he can’t seem to look away. Finally, he laughs awkwardly, then shakes his head. “You’re unbelievable.”

“I’ll take that as a yes.” A lopsided smile lightens up Sehun’s face.

Minseok doesn’t even make an effort to deny it, because it feels more liberating to let Sehun say what he can’t. He knows he can’t admit anything as of now, because he’s still confused. A part of him tells him that he’s just mistaking all of it. That there’s no meaning behind his erratic heartbeat every time Sehun is around. That he’s simply happy with Sehun, because the kid is fun to be around. He doesn’t want to overthink. He realizes that, sometimes, not thinking at all and just being happy is the best thing there is.

“I hate you,” he says jokingly, followed by a series of chuckles that he can’t control.

“Psh,” Sehun momentarily bites his lower lip, managing to suppress the smile forming on his lips. “I love you, anyway, so,”

As usual, Minseok can’t breathe for a moment, because he’s afraid. He’s afraid that the pounding in his chest indicates the same feeling Sehun keeps talking about. And what scares him most is the fact that, the more he looks at Sehun, the more he feels like he’s getting closer to the edge. A little push is all he needs...

“Aish, you—” He rolls a bundle of test papers and playfully hits Sehun with it. He looks stern at first, but a slight twitch at the corners of his mouth gives him away. “Let me shut you up by buying you your favorite bubble tea.”

“Really?” Sehun claps like a child, then walks to stand next to Minseok and hugs him. “Thank you~”

Surprised, Minseok blinks rapidly, but he soon just closes his eyes because, maybe, this is it. Maybe, he’s edging closer to something illogical. And, because this is his first time to be clueless, he’s not so sure what the future may hold for him... for them...

 

 

---

Hi! It’s been a while. I missed you, guys T.T....

Sorry, I haven’t had the time to write and update because I was dreading for college and it really affected me to a degree I couldn’t imagine. I admit, I suffered a ton of anxiousness that caused me to have writer’s block (wow, I’m not even a legit writer). And the thing I hate the most right now is /drum roll/ THERE’S NO WI-FI IN THE APARTMENT I’M CURRENTLY LIVING IN!!! (Can you feel me?) Ugh...I don’t know what to do... I can go to a computer shop/net cafe BUT I.just.can’t.write.things.like.this.in.that.place because I’m paranoid (and embarrassed tbh). And I don’t have broadband or any of the likes so...I think I’m going to die. XD

Oh and there’s numbers 4,7,8 on the list but nah~ I can’t be bothered to cite instance because I don’t have enough time.

4. Always treat him/ Spoil him

7. Be his hero Make him feel like he’s your hero/ Tell him how much you L--- him XD

8. Show him how much you care

 

‘Till then...Ciao~

 

A talk with Lulu (mini-series LOL. Don’t mind this. I’m crazy)

  • Luhan: Congrats~
  • Me: For what?
  • Luhan: For finally stepping into a new, adventurous and crazy world called college.
  • Me: Wow, thanks.
  • Luhan: Don’t thank me. I’m merely warning you about college life. College life means no spazzing, fangirling, and writing your stories because you have to concentrate.
  • Me: /terribly afraid rn/ Uhm...okay...thank you for scaring me, really, it helped.
  • Luhan: Now, you won’t even have time to think about LuKai—I—I mean—
  • Me: Caught ‘ya~
  • Luhan: Psh, shut up. Just write when you can, will you?
  • Me: Sure~ /forming an evil plan/