Tranation

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

Sehun stares at an article of clothing he’s holding between his thumb and forefinger, boring holes on it. Well, not really but oh how he wish that he can especially now that Jongin is looking at him with wide eyes.  Anticipation and hope are clearly written on that bastard’s face and he’s channeling all the self-control that he could muster to stop himself from smacking it. Ugh I want to die...Wait...Why does he have to suffer every time he gets forced into Jongin’s bright ideas a.k.a. totally-embarrassing-plans-involving-sehun ideas? How about strangling his ‘friend’ before the damage on his part gets big? Yeah, that’s sounds like a great plan. “Kindly remind me why I’m doing this?”

At first, Jongin gawks at him but then, it changes to something else...something demonic. Jongin’s gradual change in his expression scares Sehun. How can someone handle that sight?! Honestly?! He (freaking) transformed from a puzzled sheep to a deranged (and not to mention erted) maniac.

“Okay, let me remind you.” Jongin steps forward, looking like he’ll eat Sehun whole.

Sehun leans backward because...where would he go? He’s trapped between Jongin and the makeshift dressing table for ’s sake! 

---오빠/형 너무 예뻐---

He was moseying about at the school grounds, killing time. If it weren’t for the need to complete attendance during the fair, he wouldn’t have attended. In fact, he considered not going solely out of laziness and (let’s not forget) trauma. That one humiliating day of his life marred him.

It was a nightmare really. All he saw that time was red (rosy red and pink if he was honest to himself but yeah, he’s not). He really wanted to kill Jongin right then and there. Who wouldn’t? He was freaking pushed into an awkward situation. If he could, he would dig that ’s grave. All expenses paid-even the labor-just to get rid of him. Or not. He deliberated. Jongin doesn’t deserve a proper burial. Let alone a decent death. Perhaps, beheading via continuous striking his friend’s neck with chopsticks, fork or anything that is blunt (because sharp tools would just make it easier for Jongin) would be the perfect murder. Im slowly turning into a psychopath.

He rested a bit on one of the benches, making sure that it was under a shade of tree. He glared at anyone who was holding a handcuff and wearing the same ridiculously designed headband. That worked. None of those ludicrous cupids bothered him. All of them (even those sissy boys) cowered upon meeting his eye. He would have doubled over from laughing at the look on their faces like they have just met Satan in his persona. But for the sake of his annoyed facade’s legitimacy, he didn’t. He kept a straight face, wondering where Jongin is. His friend was nowhere to be seen and in all honesty, it really smelled suspicious to Sehun. Missing Jongin means a crazy man is at large and just right at the corner, waiting for the perfect timing to pounce on his next victim.  

After a minute or so, his eyes were slowly drooping. It was maybe because of afternoon heat or exhaustion. He snorted. Who was he kidding? Half of the day, he was only ambling (and glaring at those stupid-as-hell-but-Jongin-is-surely-dumber cupids). He was about to close his eyes when he saw something strange across the quadrangle.

At first, it was only a dot but it got larger and larger until Sehun could make out what—who rather—it was. It was Jongin running to his direction faster than the fastest bullet train in the world. Wow, how great. Before Sehun could react, before he could even flinch, Jongin already had his wrist in a vice-like grip.

“You have to come with me bro.” Jongin hissed through his teeth. “This.Is.Code.Red.”

Sehun’s eyes widened, horror etched all over his face. His frightened look might even pass in a movie in the making. “Oh no! I won’t! The last time you told me that, I almost died.” He shook his head frantically.

“Don’t make me drag you out of here.” Jongin started to tug Sehun but the latter was holding onto the bench for dear life. “Hongbin will kill me if I can’t get anyone.” He grumbled, not really directing it to his victim.

“Viva la Independencia!” Sehun shouted and screwed his eyes shut. He clung to the metal arm rest like a koala in vain because Jongin is a grizzly bear. He’s no match. Despite his effort to get away, Jongin’s grip on him won’t budge. His feet scraped on the ground as Jongin dragged him across the quad. He tried to ask for help (without actually screaming hysterically of course) but no one even moved a muscle. They just stared at him as if they’ve accepted his fate and nothing could stop it.

He was shoved in a one of the spacious rooms at the backstage of their school’s auditorium. He tried to open the door once Jongin had closed it. He banged on it, wishing that someone would actually pity and help him.

 “Forget it!” Jongin irritably shouted behind him. “Not a single soul would give you a hand so let’s focus on my problem, okay?”

“What the Jongin?!” Sehun turned back to face Jongin, royally pissed. “Do you even think that—“He pulled at his hair out of frustration then growled. “Beg.”

“Excuse me?”

“I said beg!”

“Oh no...You didn’t ask me to beg, right?” Jongin pointed at Sehun while taking a step forward. “Trust me, kid. You don’t want to get there. Oh well,” He shrugged casually. “Look here.” He went to the table at one corner of the room and obtained a brown envelope. Upon opening it, he clicked his tongue then shook his head slightly.

“What’s in there?” Sehun asked not because of curiosity but more of fear. He just knew that whatever that envelope contained, it’s a threat.

“Sure. Just answer me.” Jongin smiles diabolically. “Yes or No.”

Again, Sehun should have known better than to fall for Jongin’s tricks. He should have at least felt that something was off but at that time, he was too desperate to even think straight.

“Your family name is Oh?”

“What the—” Sehun started protesting but the dangerous (scary actually) look on Jongin made him stop. “Yes.”

“You love bubble tea?”

“Yes.”

“You hate me?”

“Yes.”

“But you love Minseok -hyung?”

“Yes.” There was no reaction but when he realized what he had said, he gasped loudly. “What did you made me—” It was too late.

Jongin was already laughing his off while slamming his palm on the table. “Caught ‘ya!” He blurted in between laughs. Only then did Sehun realize what he was doing. Oh great. Just great. Jongin was recording the whole thing using his cellphone.

Sehun crossed the room in a matter of three steps, ready to wrap his fingers around Jongin’s neck but before he could do just that, the envelope was thrown on his face. Its content scattered to the floor. Instinctively, he bent down to pick them up. His hand shook at what he saw and he suddenly dropped them like they’re scorching hot. 

“Beautiful aren’t they?” Jongin sat on the table, his feet dangling.

“What the—” Sehun got one and tackled Jongin from his place. “Why are these printed?!” He hollered, still holding Jongin down with one hand.

Jongin glanced at the photo paper. He smiled because it was his favorite. It was a picture of Minseok feeding Sehun where Minseok was holding the fork in mid-air, mouth hanging open to say Ah~. “Aw, isn’t it cute?”

“I’m asking you,” Sehun’s face became dark. “Why are these printed?!” and why do they have to be printed this big? He wanted to add but he left that bit because it was kind of embarrassing to ask.

“Simple.” Jongin effectively pushed Sehun away. “Those are my weapons. It’s okay if you rip them. I still have some back in my locker and bag. And even if you’re fast to tear them all, I still have the pictures in my camera, laptop, cellphone, USBs—name it and I think I have them.” He moved out from Sehun’s reach and folded his hands behind his back. “If you don’t want them to spread, you’d have to do as I tell you.”

“How about I—”

“Hah! That’s cute but they will still find out since I scheduled one of my e-mail accounts to send those pictures to...uhm...let’s say...” Jongin put his fingers on his chin as if in deep thought and added “Everyone in this school. So, if I was killed then no one would cancel that message. I wonder what would happen after...”

“You didn’t.”

“Oh yes I did.”

“What exactly do you want from me?” Sehun finally questioned. Seeing that there’s no way he could get out of it, he accepted defeat and that surely hurt his manliness (hey he’s only gay for Minseok remember?).

---오빠/형 너무 예뻐---

Jongin creepily smiles down to Sehun and asks, “Remember the pictures? You wouldn’t want to let the whole school know that Mr. Oh Sehun - class genius and not to mention forever poker-faced - is gay for our lovely hyung, right?” He brings his hand down on the edge of the table, semi-trapping his friend. “And this contest is mandatory.”

Sehun furrows his brows but honestly, what can he do now? Jongin had planned this thoroughly so he won’t be able to refuse. And even though he wants to scream to the whole world how he loves that cute little squirrel-looking teacher so Jongin can’t hold anything against him, he can’t possibly do that.

He complains just about anything to delay his fated curtains. He also grumbles about being completely clueless on events like this. “I’ve had no practice for crying out loud!” He yells desperately when Jongin answered everything flawlessly.

“Don’t worry; all you have to memorize are the positions on stage and their order. And I know you’re quite good at adapting so the opening dance wouldn’t be a problem.”  

“What about the talent portion?”

Jongin smirks at the question then starts teaching Sehun some choreography that the dancing club had worked on, altering some steps and inventing his own. Sehun’s intellect really helps for he remembered everything in just a matter of minutes.

“Oh!” Jongin takes a step back while looking at his wristwatch. “We’ve got two hours before judgment night! Gotta go report to Hongbin. Ciao!” He playfully salutes then goes right out of the door before Sehun could open his mouth.

Sehun pulls a chair and sits on it, feeling boneless and wobbly. This is not happening. He convinces himself. He closes his eyes in hopes that he’s just having another nightmare. But of course when he opened them again, he’s still on the same spot.

There’s a click on the door but he doesn’t bother to see who entered. “Hi Sehun! I never thought you’d be Peniel’s substitute.” He hears a bubbly voice of a girl.

“Yeah me too.” Sehun looks at the girl behind him through the mirror. “I swear Naeun, I was forced to do this!”

“I can see that.” Naeun giggles and walks behind him. “Jongin’s threat must’ve been effective. I thought it’s just a rumor. You know,” she shrugs her shoulders. “How great he is in terms of blackmailing. But seeing you here is an eye-opener.” She chuckles then moves to pull out the make-up kit under the table. 

“You have no idea.” Sehun heaves a sigh.

Naeun works on his make-up with ease and practiced hands. She leaves Sehun no space for complaining and when he whined about it, she narrows her eyes. “Do you want to look decent or what?” That shuts him.

Sehun thought it would take longer than he expected but it’s not. He’s quite grateful that Naeun kept it light as what she promised. But to his horror, she’s combing a flaring red wig. “Yah! Why not just black?! I’m sorry but there’s no way you can make me wear that hideous thing.” He stands from his seat but Naeun’s sit-or-I'll-make-you glare makes him feel powerless.

“Trust me Sehun, you’ll look great.” Naeun pushes Sehun down to his chair and quickly puts a net on his hair. In no time, the wig sits beautifully on his head. “See?” she says proudly while curling its ends using her fingers.

Sehun only purses his lips but he must admit that it suits him. He should be ashamed for thinking so.

“I know you’re still stunned to see yourself like that but you have to wear these now.” Naeun says as she holds the clothes high for Sehun to see. “You’re lucky because the theme for this year is Rocker Chick. Last year was a horror of Disney princesses so thank all the gods for your fortune.” She leaves as soon as she has laid out the clothes on another table next to where Sehun is.

Quickly, he strips off of his school uniform. He’s close to thanking Naeun for giving him a black studded denim jacket to wear if not for the fact that it’s sleeveless so he has to put on a t-shirt and he still has to wear a skirt tattered on the hem and a long striped socks. He wears it all while grumbling about how girls can stomach donning all those and understanding now why they take full hours just to prepare. Just when he’s zipping up his high heel cut-out ankle boots, someone barges in.

“Oh .” Jongin gapes at Sehun who straightened himself after brushing non-existent dusts on the boots. “Who are you my pretty lady? Will you marry me?”

“Shut the up.” Sehun scowls in time Jongin is close enough for him to punch. I’m married so it bastard. Thankfully, he catches himself before saying it.  

Jongin cackles. “Oh my god, Sehun you didn’t tell me about the goddess inside you. I knew Naeun is pretty good at this but she exceeded my expectations. Should I call seonsaengnim to take a look at your beauty?”

“No!”

“Fine. He’ll still see you and that’s inevitable.” Jongin fishes out for his camera in his sling bag and snaps a picture before Sehun could protest. “Oh come on!” he says when Sehun glared at him. “This is a memory that we should cherish. You look hot like a model to be honest.”

“You’re gross.”

“Whatever, man. Be ready in five minutes.”  He clicks on his camera then runs to the door. He’s quite lucky to miss the brush thrown at him.

 

Sehun thinks he could pull through the opening dance. It’s quite easy if it weren't for the confused looks and the commotion. They keep asking, (Is that Sehun? That’s Sehun? Wait, what?!) Soon, their questions turn to shouts like “Sehun-ssi so hot and beautiful!!!” followed by chants of his name. For all he knows, Jongin is the mastermind of it all. In the end, he almost misses every step. He just hides his embarrassment by forcing a smile.

It gets worst in the introductions. One the spot, he invents a girl counterpart of his name. “Good evening, I’m Oh Sehee from Class II-A.” He tries to sound girly as much as possible but he still croaks at the end. But that only made the chant louder than ever. He’s in the thin line between thanking his classmates for the support and slaughtering them for embarrassing him.

“Wow, Sehun’s supporters are quite strong!” Sehun hears the MCs, Chorong and Yongguk, from the backstage but he chooses to cover his ears.

The next time he goes onstage, he’s performing for the talent portion. This time, there are placards, banners and even balloons that have his name. Now, he’s certain that it’s all Jongin’s doing. No one is ever prepared in certain occasions except him. Well played Jongin. He mutters under his breath but once the music starts, he pushes all those thoughts away. He lets the electronic notes control him. He blocks the noises in the auditorium especially when he his hip in all possible direction that made the audience wild. He bites his lips and that makes the shrieks louder. Once he's done, only then did the tiredness catch up to him.

"Whew," Chorong fans herself as she claps a panting Sehun at his shoulders. "It's getting hot in here!"

"I agree," Yongguk says beside her "but should a lady dance that way?"

"It's hot nonetheless, right?" She tilts the microphone to the audience. The audience replies with a unified yes and asks for more. "Can we have an encore Sehun-ssi?"

Sehun wets his lower lip with one swipe of his tongue. "Let's see..." He just replies mysteriously. This is all about audience impact and fan service. He begrudgingly notes at the back of his mind.

 

He still can't believe it. Among the 12 people, he's one of the top 5 that's still standing onstage for the Q and A portion. He's nervous at the same time, angry. He's conflicted between praising and degrading himself. He really thought that he would leave the pageant sooner but apparently, he's still there and only a step towards winning.

The questions, he finds out, are none too serious. They are simply random funny questions like "If you would die tomorrow, why not now?" It's all about wit. So when he draws a ball from the fish bowl, he's quite taken aback by his question. "Do you think love hurts?"

At first, he can't say anything. All of the air in his lungs feels like they're trapped inside. He wants the ground to eat him alive especially now that the full-attention on him is melting him. Everyone is anticipating his answer. "N-no." He blurts out and he's stuck with just that for a split second until his eyes land on where Minseok is. His teacher is sitting right behind the judges. He keeps his eyes on him 'till his speaking again.

"I don't think love hurts because it's a wonderful thing."

At this point, he thinks that someone else is answering for him. As if it's not his voice that's echoing in the auditorium.

“It makes the bad things in life much more bearable. It’s illogical, irrational and overwhelming. Love is some kind of a drug, I guess. It gives you euphoria like no other things can. It’s true that love blinds but it also makes you see the whole world in a new clear and beautiful way. What hurts, I think is,"

 He pauses to swallow a lump in his throat. 

“I think they are rejection, denial, hatred or other things that contradicts love. B-but with it-- love, I mean--" Again, he pauses and wipes his clammy hand at the side of his skirt. "We learn how to move on. We fall again and again until we learn to be just in love because everything that falls breaks, right?“ He takes a breath. "T-That's the beauty of love."

Silence. The whole auditorium is motionless. Even the emcees don't know what to say. In the midst of it all, someone claps followed by another and another until the audience is giving him a standing ovation.

"W-well what do we have here?" Chorong starts but not quite effective to make the audience stop. "Our Sehun-ssi is..." she's still speechless after all.

So Yongguk catches her. "Man, that’s deeper than a well! Are you in love?” He chuckles.

Sehun reacts quickly but the words die down on his lips before he can say them. Instead, he locks eyes with Minseok in the crowd and smiles a little. This is the closest confession he can manage. He's lost then. He didn't hear how the other contestants answer their questions. He's quite busy glancing at his Physics teacher who seems to be watching the other contestants intently, (not knowing that Minseok is doing it on purpose because he can't look at him).

In the end, Sungjong from Class III-B wins. Sehun comes second. He's not really bothered by it but the audience must've expected him to get the first place. He congratulates Sungjong at the backstage but the latter replies,

"Thanks! I really thought you would win though. I think your answer is the best among us!" Sungjong whispers conspiratorially, "Our Sehun-ssi is really in love, yes?" He doesn't wait for a proper answer and laughs before entering his changing room. He thinks Sehun's reddening face is enough.

 

"Yoohoo~ Sehuniee, I brought a gift for you~" Jongin says in a sing-song voice as he lets himself in. Thankfully, Sehun is still fully-dressed and just lazily tracing patterns on the dressing table.

Sehun snorts. Jongin never gives proper presents. "What is it?" He still finds himself asking.

Jongin pushes the door further, revealing Minseok beside him. "Here!" He exclaims childishly. The man he's with waves his hand and greets Sehun. "Since you didn't win, this is your prize!" He tugs Minseok until both of them are beside his friend. "Gotta go report to Hongbin, bye!" he says after a while but Sehun knows it's not the case. He runs to the door and slams it as he exits.

And this is when awkward silence filled the room.

"Y-you did great!" Minseok praises his student just to swat away their awkwardness.

"Really?" Sehun rubs his nape. "It's not even something I want to brag about."

Minseok laughs then. He laughs away while Sehun can't stop thinking how melodic it is. "But I really think you're pretty―yah! It's a compliment!" He injects when Sehun pouted at him.

"T-then...what if I were a," Sehun toys with the hem of his skirt while staring at it. "Girl..." He gulps. "W-would you like me back?" He hears a chair scraping on the floor then a hand cups his cheek. And before he could jerk away, he's already facing Minseok. He casts his eyes down.

"I must admit, Sehee is quite a beauty." Minseok chuckles to himself and continues, "But!" He removes the wig along with the cap and ruffles Sehun's flattened hair. He then starts to wipe off Sehun's make-up. It's a bit tricky but thankfully, Naeun left an effective make-up remover for them to use. In no time, Sehun's face is clean. "I think this is better..."

It's vague of course, they both know that, but they think it'll have to do for now.

"H-how about bubble tea?" Sehun blurts out. "I-I mean it's Saturday and this is the last event and―A-anyway, you don't have to come with me if you don't want...ugh...it'll be a waste if you don't―B-but it's okay, I understand that you're a busy person―" He stutters and he just wants to facepalm right then and there.

"Sure. I'll go with you. I want a break from my assignments anyway. They can wait until tomorrow."

"Ha?"

"I said, change your clothes. We'll grab some bubble tea...or do you want to wear that the whole night? It's okay but please put on a wig or else you'll look weird." Minseok laughs at that. "I'll wait outside~" He announces as he stands from his chair. He makes way to the door, opens it, then goes out without looking back.

Being forced to participate in a cross-dressing pageant sure has its downside, Sehun thinks as he buttons up his school uniform. He smiles to himself. But this is not one of them.  

 

 

 

 

---

Finally! OMG

I seriously want to thank Taylor Swift for Sehun’s answer.

Wanna see Sehee?  

A talk with Lulu (mini-series LOL. Don’t mind this. I’m crazy)

  • Lulu: Did you know that I once entered that contest too. I won for like 3 years straight.
  • <---^^Starry-eyedDeer99’s idea.--->
  • Me: /claps like a seal/ really? Oh my god—
  • Lulu: That’s why I was wondering why you didn’t include me here.
  • Me: /pretends not to hear it/
  • Lulu: Ignore me all you want! I’m going to appear on the next one for sure
  • Me: /whispers to myself/ Don’t worry Lulu, I made back stories and special chapters for you. You’ll just have to wait. Love’ya! I’m sorry for leaving you at times. I just don’t want you to ruin XiuHun’s moments. But I’ll make it up for you.