Ionic Bond

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

“Mr. ing Jongin...” Sehun growls very low and dangerous.

His black aura is visible to anyone around him. Not to mention that he has great effect in his environment. His destructive aura seems to the lively colors and vibes of the fair. It turns everything plain blue and grey. At times, just black and white. Wherever he is, the atmosphere’s temperature instantly drops to zero. His influence isn’t limited to that. When a group of girls passed by, they even hugged themselves while muttering a unified “Why is it so cold?” and once they got out of his affected vicinity, “Oh wow, that’s the only chilly place here...How did that happen?”. They looked at each other with a horrified look, not wanting to think about the possibility of ghosts and all that jazz.  

“Can you please,” Speaking slowly and with unbelievably guttural voice, Sehun stared at his friend dead in the eye. “-explain this to me?” He brings up his hand. The handcuffs clink during the process.

Kim Jongin stands cheekily with all his pride and glory as the project manager in front of Sehun. He folds his arms and smirks at his friend who’s seething in anger. “As I told you earlier, this is the new type of the old school Jail Booth-“

“I understand that part but-“ Sehun’s free hand flies to the air. Knowing that he can’t possibly hurt his one hell of a best friend, he settles on pulling his hair to release his frustration. “Why am I handcuffed with seonsaengnim, of all people?”

“You’re talking like you hate seonsaengnim.” Jongin wittily remarks. “Aren’t you hurt, seonsaengnim?” He fixes his gaze to their Physics teacher who jerked at the mention of his name. Interesting. He mentally notes about Minseok’s reaction.

Minseok arouses from his trance. He’s actually thinking about how to act around these two. Somehow, he feels self-conscious especially now that he knows that Sehun harbors special feeling towards him. He shouldn’t be bothered but it’s pretty hard to do just that. He can’t help but worry and overthink. One wrong move and he’ll hurt the kid. Apparently, he can’t afford facing another bout of drama. His heart is too weak for that!

“W-what is it?” He absently replies to Jongin who’s looking at him intently.

Sehun takes that as chance to revert to the pressing matter. “You should victimize couples! They’ll surely enjoy this! And ugh...hyung is our...teacher! Teachers shouldn’t be involved in this whole fiasco- “

Simply having fun of messing with Sehun, Jongin cuts in. “You know we don’t victimize.” Sehun snorts but Jongin ignores it. “And the essence of this mini torture won’t serve its purpose if we capture couples.”

“What, pray tell, might that be?” Sehun thinks of folding his arms but he decided against it because he’ll drag Minseok’s hand along with his.

“Never mind that Mr. Smarty pants. Stop whining because if you look around, there are teachers who are also victimized as you put it. And there’s Chanyeol sunbaenim and Baekhyun sunbaenim who are arrested. It seems they don’t even give a damn even though they are both guys.” Jongin rolls his eyes while pulling out his cue card from his pocket.

“But-“ Sehun is really running out of ideas to get out from this situation.

Jongin pretends to read some information from his card. Sehun’s rambling is somewhat getting to his nerves by now. “Shut up! If I were you I would start already to get this over with. I’m starting to think that you’re complaining to make this longer. For all I know, you like where you are now.”

That worked. Sure enough, Sehun’s face becomes twenty shades redder. He spurts nonsense everywhere while doing animated actions. He miserably fails to defend his side. “N-No! I’m not!!! Shut your trap Jongin!!!” 

Not bothering to hide his amusement, Jongin doubles over from laughing hard. His demonic laugh is pretty audible even though almost everyone is busy and loud. He straightens himself after a while, feigning to wipe away a tear from his eye. “Priceless!”

As if blushing isn’t embarrassing enough, Minseok chuckles at Sehun’s desperation.

“Seonsaengnim you agree with me?” Jongin asks to humor himself.

Sadly (for Sehun), Minseok nods. That only causes him and Jongin to laugh again. Meanwhile, Sehun broodily keeps quiet because he’s just digging his own grave. Hyung, is laughing so it should be okay. But they’re making fun of him! That’s the down side. “W-Why?”

Trying hard to control his laughter, Minseok waves his free hand “It’s just that...” Nobody told me that a red as tomato Sehun is so cute and adorable. Well, this isn’t his first time to see Sehun flustered but this is his first time to actually notice it and know the reason behind. “Nothing Sehun-ah~” he says in his casual cute tone.

Finally, Jongin clears his throat to mean business. “Okay, enough with the fun stuff. Let’s start this thing.” Out of nowhere, Jongin is suddenly holding a ridiculously designed pink headband and wears it. “Now, I’m your Mr. Cupid!” He says proudly while puffing out his chest.

“Oh please, it’s too early for Valentines.” Sehun deadpans.  

Jongin inflates a little but he regains his composure almost too quick for Sehun’s liking. “I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear that, you effing killjoy.” He points an accusing finger at Sehun. “You don’t really have much choice, do you? So, listen to me brat or I’ll leave you with seonsaengnim like that until you die. I guess that wouldn’t take long, judging how you look like now.”

For the second time around, Sehun opens then closes his mouth looking like a fish.

Serves you right! Jongin triumphantly smiles to himself. “Listen up. If you really want to finish this quickly, follow the rules.” When Sehun groaned, Jongin throws him a warning look. “Rule Number 1: You have to hold hands until this punishment ends.” Sehun is about to protest but Jongin beats him to it. “No buts. No whys. No complaints. Just do it.” The other two didn’t move so Jongin emphasizes, “Now.”

Now, spell awkward...

Shyly, Sehun twists his wrist. His hand suddenly becomes shaky. He just hopes that it’s not that sweaty because that’s simply gross. Blushing deeply, he tries to locate Minseok’s hand. That shouldn’t be a problem but their hands feel like north to north poles of magnets. They keep shying away from each other. His face heats up as their fingertips slightly touch.

Meanwhile, Minseok feels very uncomfortable. The idea doesn’t sit well with him. It’s not that he’s against it. The thing is: it’s Sehun we’re talking about! Clearly, what he has to do is absolutely against his moral values. He doesn’t like giving false hopes because he knows how hurtful it is. If agreeing to Jongin’s mischievousness gives that impression, then, he should end this now, right? At the same time, he doesn’t want to because this could be his chance to save their friendship. In all honesty, ever since Sehun came back (from his consecutive absences) he feels like walking on thin ice every time they chat. Well, if just greeting each other counts as chat.

Little by little, he intertwines his fingers with Sehun’s. He almost regrets doings so. Sehun’s cold palm sends chills through his bones. It’s weird...and...What’s the right term? Electrifying...? The oddity of it leaves him speechless and breathless. It takes him a few sharp intakes of breath to calm himself. And he hides it very well for Jongin and Sehun is quite busy doing their thing. Jongin is eyeing their intertwined fingers while Sehun is too preoccupied on hiding his flushed face and looking anywhere but him. Suddenly, he also feels like burning up from his boldness. He has to do it anyway. It’s not as if he has much choice, right?

“Oh my god! Finally!”Jongin exclaims while clapping like the cutest seal on the face of the earth. “I’ve been waiting for this. Must take a picture~” He waves the digital camera he’s holding (wait...since when did he have that?) and busies himself on opening it. “I have a better idea. How about a video? You’re so smart Kim Jongin!” he praises himself.

In that instant, Sehun chickens out and let go of Minseok’s hand.

“What the- I still have few rules to explain! I’m telling you, you don’t want to do that. Again! Do that again!” Jongin demands steely. Sometimes, he just wants to face palm because his best friend always misses his chances since he (ing) avoids it! Ugh stupid little . How in the hell did you survive in this world?

This time, it’s Sehun who reluctantly does as he is told. Keep calm and just hold hyung’s hand. Keep calm and don’t let go. It’s easy to think but hard to do. Again, he feels the same warmth coming from his fingertips that spreads like wildfire in his body. But why the hell does my face has to betray me?

“Good.” Jongin smirks contentedly. “Let’s move on to the next rule. Rule number 2: You have to call each other in the most unique name you can think of.” He momentarily stares at his friend to see if Sehun would complain. Seeing that the latter is busy glaring at the ground, he continues with a playful smile. “You should at least use that pet name on your partner ten times. Saying it consecutively only counts as one. So, you should at least say it once in a while in your conversation. Got it?” When the other two nodded, he adds, “You may create your pet name now~”

Just like before, it’s Minseok who initiates the conversation. He’s really trying to reach out for Sehun. “How about I call you Sese?” He asks rather sweetly.

“Hyung, that’s too weak, don’t you think?” Jongin chimes in before Sehun could think of a proper reply.

“Really?” Minseok tilts his head as if that can help him think more. “Ah!” He excitedly blurts out. “How about I call you Thehuniee? That’s cute, right?” He looks at Sehun then to Jongin for approval.”

“T-Thehuniee?” Sehun asks this time.

Sheepishly, Minseok toys with the hem of his shirt before answering. “I hope it’s not just me...but Sehun-ah, you mispronounce s at times. Sometimes, it sounds th.” He flashes a toothy smile, hoping it can save him because Jongin is cackling while Sehun is scowling at his friend.

“Sorry. I can’t help it bro.” Jongin says in between laughs. “It’s just so...so accurate! I thought I’m the only one who noticed.” He flashes Minseok a mischievous smirk and gives him a thumbs-up. “Hyung, you’re so awesome. Can I hug you?” Throwing his arms in the air, he’s about to give his teacher a hug but Sehun intervenes at the perfect timing.

“No, you can’t do that. Technically, we’re couples so, hands off.” Sehun pushes Jongin away. He doesn’t know where he got his grit but he only knows one thing: There’s no way he’ll let Jongin taint his Minseok!

“Wow.” Jongin applauds Sehun for his unexpected courage. In all honesty, he too, is taken aback by how Sehun reacted. He never thought Sehun can say that. Perhaps, love can really change people. “You’re a grown up man now. I’m so proud of you.” He claps his friend on the shoulder. Sehun just glares at him.

“So, Thehuniee-“

“Shut up. Only Minseok hyung has the right to call me that.” Sehun growls threateningly.

“Overprotective are we?” Jongin starts. “That’s okay. Now, it’s your turn.”

“Minnie.” Sehun says without batting an eyelash.

“Why Minnie?” Minseok pouts (cutely) at Sehun. “Are you implying something?” He knows he’s not that tall, at least not as tall as other men, but in spite of that he still finds himself being sensitive when it comes to his height. Speaking of height, since when did Sehun grow this tall? Sehun used to be shorter than him but looking at him now he looks much smaller in comparison with his student. How did that happen?

“Oops. That struck a nerve Sehun.”

“A-ah! No! I-it’s not like that hyung!” Sehun panics. “I-I’m not really good at this. So...so...uh...this is all I can think of! Really! Hyung, I swear I’m not implying anything! I’m really sorry!” Although in the end, he couldn’t help himself but innocently ask, “B-but it’s a cute name, right?”

“Right!” Jongin chimes in to save his pathetic friend. “That’s cute. Hyung, let Sehun use that!”

Minseok considers it for a minute. “Fine. It’s just for today so I guess I can stand that.” He just wants to finish this punishment. It’s not that he really likes the name because it’s cute...

“Finally, rule number 3,” Jongin sharply looks at Sehun this time. “Yah, listen to me. This is important.” Then, he gazes at the two persons handcuffed before him. “You must let your Cupid, which is me, to take photos or videos during this mini torture. Don’t worry, for documentary purposes only.” He crosses his fingers behind him. It amazes him how Sehun just stood there. He expects a grumble or anything but that didn’t happen. I might as well use these to blackmail this little brat.

“And if we failed to follow the rules?” Minseok inquires.

“You have two options. You can either repeat from the start or do something you’ll never forget.”

“Do something we’ll never forget?” Sehun questions this time.

Jongin nods. “Either you confess or dance embarrassingly. You’ll know the details later. No more questions?” He slides in the cue card to his pocket then flashes them his winning smile. “Let’s do this.”

 

 

 

 

---

A/N: Yo! Whaddup?! It took me almost a week to update. Sorry.

This is part 1/3 of the fair

Exo’s first concert highlights (for me. I’m too biased! XD)

  • Sehun’s booty dance
  • Xiumin’s (uber y) solo dance
  • Topless Sehun on VCR
  • Xiumin revealing his chest (but Jongdae intervenes wtf)

And they finallyspoke up about Kris' lawsuit. 

A talk with Lulu (mini-series LOL. Don’t mind this. I’m crazy

  • Lulu: /pouts/ Why am I not in this chapter?
  • Me: I don’t know, man. You did that to yourself.
  • Lulu: Whatever, I’ll have more appearances in the future anyway. Imma appear on the next one for sure.
  • Me:  Yah. Why so stupid Lulu? Don’t spoil anything!
  • Lulu: Sure /demonic smile and whispers/ whatever, I’ll end up with my Umin anyway~
  • Me: What’s that?
  • Lulu: Nothing *insert Kyungsoo’s face here*