Probability

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

Sehun scratches the back of his head from slight annoyance. He can’t help it. Ever since the Physics class ended, Jongin whimpers like a kicked puppy. He doesn’t want to know the reason behind his friend’s sulking because, whatever it is, it’s stupid. Sehun knows as much that’s why all he can do is make a sound at the back of his throat.

Lifting his head up, Jongin tears his gaze away from the asphalt road and glares at his buddy.

“Yah. Don’t you want to know why I’m like this?” Jongin asks, making sure that he sounds wretched.

“No thanks.” Sehun replies coolly. “The reason is silly anyway.”

Jongin lets out a sound of frustration. Sometimes, he wishes that Sehun would stop from his Mr. Icy Cool character. It’s irritating. But then again, who’s he to change his friend? Besides, he’s used to it. And he considers Sehun as a true friend. Sure, he’s quite popular so many tried to befriend him but those were bunch of no-balls guys who would only use him to impress girls. Sehun isn’t like those guys.

“Wow. Do you think you’d score a girl with that attitude?”

 “Oh? Should I be more like you to achieve such petty prize?” Sehun darts out his tongue to at his lips before adding, “Or do you want to be treated like a girl?” He then moves closer to Jongin and coos him. “Come here baby, tell me all your worries~”

“I will oppa!” Jongin says in a girly voice. “ you, do you think I’d do that?” He adds in a deep voice. Then, he punches Sehun lightly on his forearms. Both of them laughs, filling the silent street they are walking in.

“Fine. Explain why you’re moping around dude.” Sehun knows that it’s probably ludicrous but he asks anyway for Jongin’s amusement.

“I chose Physics because of Boa-ssam, but now she’s gone, there’s no point anymore!” Jongin clutches his shirt as if in pain. “My beautiful Kwon Boa, my first love, will be gone just like that!”

Sehun looks at him blankly. “What the ? The first time you told me about your first love,” Sehun air quotes for emphasis. “Which was Seohyun, you were only looking at her legs.”

“But Boa-ssam is different!

“Shut it Jongin. You’re not capable of being serious.”

Jongin would have retorted properly if they haven’t reached the junction where they split ways.  

 

 

Minseok is rather excited because he heard that the results will be released today. He’s not really expecting that he would get it but he’s hoping. After all, it will be a big help if he will make it. Imagine, he will be able to teach even when he’s just a third year college! It will make things easier for him in the future definitely. Sure, it will be nerve-wracking because he’d have to deal with high-school students already but he won’t give up. He can do it. He has to.

So, he freezes from his place when his professor holds him up after the lecture. The professor beckons him so he complies. An envelope is given to him which he eyes fixedly. The next thing he sees is the professor’s genuine uplifting smile.

“Congratulations Mr. Kim. The board decided to give you this special opportunity. Kindly let us know if you would like to take the offer.”

He can’t help himself but to smile widely and to bow continuously, expressing his gratefulness.

“Thank you, gyosunim!” Is the only thing that he can say. He worked hard to attain this special chance that only few can have. He won’t waste it for sure.

 

 

Rumors are flying everywhere. Everyone is too excited to know who would fill in Kwon Boa’s place. They try to ask the teachers but almost all of them are tight-lipped about the issue. Even Kwon Boa doesn’t talk that much. But some of them gave a few hints after tedious minutes of enduring the student’s curiosity. Talks about how the teacher would look like, gender, characteristics, background, and other trivial matters that they gathered somehow from somewhere are on every corner. Female students are extremely excited especially when they found out that the new teacher would be a young man, as most of the teachers describe him.  

“These ingrate es...” Jongin mumbles as he wolfs his lunch.

Sehun sighs for his best friend’s foolishness. “It’s understandable, you know? The new teacher is a guy. For all I know, you would be thrilled if they chose another woman in place of Kwon-seonsaengnim.” He deliberately points out.

“Of course! Wouldn’t you be?”

“I’m not you.” Sehun bites back.

Jongin makes a face while mockingly repeating Sehun’s words.

“If that teacher turns out to be nerdy, I would scare him out of here so they would have to hire another.”

 

 

If there were no earphones on Sehun’s ears, he would have flipped every girl that giggles because they’re really excited to see the new teacher. To make things worse, they even form a circle and everyone shares their speculation.

“I have seen him!” One girl almost shrieks. “That guy is no joke. He’s really handsome!!!”

Then, all hell breaks loose.

He can perfectly hear their squeals even though he has turned up the volume to the highest. Silently, he’s thinking of ways on how to kill his fangirl classmates. It’s not as if it’s their first time to see a man. Now, he understands Jongin’s despair.

 Finally, there’s a knock on the door. The girls quickly dispersed and sat in their seats like nothing happened. Seeing this, Sehun puts away his phone and makes sure that it’s placed correctly in his bag.

Kwon Boa enters first, teasing the overly-excited students. “I know that you’re all impatient to meet your new teacher.”  

Everyone responds with a cheerful ‘yes’ but in truth, the girls really wanted to jump out from their seats and to drag the man inside to see him already.

“Well then,” then she whispers playfully, “Don’t scare him, okay?”

She signals the man from outside to come in. And the man obeys after he adjusted his collar.

The students exchange glances. Almost all of them mouths ‘He’s really handsome!’ while the others nod their heads enthusiastically. ‘I told you so~’ the girl earlier also mouths.

Sehun isn’t that interested on the silent commotion going on neither did he pay attention to the event in front. But when the guy enters, everything seems to be in slow motion. The eye, hair, lips...the entirety of the man is the same. He looks as if he’s never aged. As if one year isn’t enough for him to change.  

“Hi.” The man waves his hand. “I’m Kim Minseok. Nice to meet you.” Then, he bows slightly before flashing his charismatic smile.

For a moment, all of the air Sehun intakes is trapped in his lungs. He forgets how to breathe.

 

 

---

A/N: Hi! Did I update quickly? Heh. Miraculously, I found myself typing enthusiastically like a maniac. Anyway, if you're wondering if such opportunity can happen, I'm telling you...I DON'T KNOW! XD I figured that if Xiumin is a college graduate, their gap would be enormous! Really. I'm worried about that. So, let us pretend that such thing can happen, alright? BTW I also love SeKai that's why I included Jongin here. They are always bad-mouthing each other, yes? But that's the point. :D True friends can insult each other without hard feelings~

Ah. Before I forget... THANK YOU!!! To all who subscribed! Really guys, I didn't expect anyone would take notice of my work. I don't have any confidence at myself. T.T That's why...I am truthfully grateful. Kbye. *Le hides in my comfort blanket*