Elasticity

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

“! I can’t believe I’m doing this!” Jongin growls as he busies himself with Sehun’s zippers. Beads of sweat are evident on his forehead and some are trickling from his sideburns down to his neck.

“Ahh! C-can you just g-get on with it? ah-AH!” Sehun yelps while staring at anything but Jongin. There’s a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Jongin stops his ministrations and gives Sehun a dirty look even though the latter isn’t looking back. “For ’s sake, can you stop making weird noises? It’s bothering me.”

“Oh, Am I?” Sehun retorts and composes himself a little. “I’m sorry but it’s your problem because you’re watching too much !”

“That’s why...Mr. Oh ing Sehun, can you stop? You sound like a ! Why are you even like a deprived chick? I thought you’ve lost all your energy since you’re not eating properly?”

“But I ate a cup of noodles earlier, right?”

“So, you’re telling me that it’s enough to regain that poker face and hateful sarcastic side of yours?” Jongin crosses his arms. “For all I know you’re just-“He stops midway and coughs awkwardly. He almost reminds Sehun of his wounds! He can’t believe himself. Shut your trap now, Jongin. Sehun is in the process of ‘moving on’. So, he lets that hang in the air and goes back to his task.                                                                                                         

For a moment, they are engulfed in an uncomfortable silence. Jongin can’t take it so he complains again. “Argh!” He snarls in mock frustration “Why am I zipping up your pants again?” He looks up but he catches a teary-eyed Sehun. This is so not Sehun! He’s not the type to ask the whys and comfort people afterwards. Although Sehun isn’t saying anything, Jongin knows that this has something to do with their teacher. Sehun doesn’t have to spill that he confessed and it . Kim Jongin, opposing to what people say about him, is not some insensitive and stupid bastard who knows nothing but his own world. His aloofness just conceals this part of him.

Sehun breathes deeply, trying to recollect himself. He feels vulnerable. As if he’s a house of cards that’ll cave-in in a simple blow. He detests this feeling but somehow, he can’t push it away. It just sits in the pit of his stomach. Slowly, he shrugs his shoulders and answers Jongin. “Uh...because I can’t feel my hands and I can’t even move them...?” He tries with a fake grin.

“Right.” Jongin grunts while struggling to pull up the damned thing. “Why don’t you just wear something else? Something that doesn’t have this ?”

Sehun squirms like a spoiled brat he is and pouts at Jongin. “But that’s a waste of time and energy! That’ll drain the sole energy provided by a skosh of noodles! Do you want to kill me?”

Jongin’s hand stills. His eyebrow twitches. “Overreacting much, buddy? I’m sure it’ll only take a sec to-“Fuming, he yanks the zipper and finally the sound of triumph reaches his ears. Finally!

“I told you, this will do.” Sehun hides his smirk at the back of his hand.  

“ you. I don’t want to see that cursed pants again. I swear I’ll burn that with you.”

 

 

As soon as the door of Kim’s residence opens, Sehun finds himself handling an armful of Jongin’s mother. She sighs on his chest and rubs smoothing small circles at the small of his back. Sehun must admit that it’s very comforting. It takes off some weight from his shoulders and he instantly feels lighter than before. Hugs work like magic. Perhaps, this is just what he needs to get through this storm. He hugs back shyly, releasing a deep sigh.

“Yah Sehun-ah, you’re neglecting yourself! Look at you!” She loosens her embrace and inspects Sehun as if looking for nonexistent wounds. “Where are the chubby cheeks and baby fats? You’re all skin and bones!” She almost cries out.

Sehun smiles timidly. “Eomma,” he says softly. He savors the word that rolls out from his mouth because he never had the chance to use it to his mother. He was hesitant to address Jongin’s mom that way but after a countless times of prodding (“Don’t worry Sehun-ah. You’re our family now.”), he gave in. “I already hit puberty. I lost them a long time ago.”

“But still!”

“Eomma!” Jongin finally interjects. “Do you really want to have your hug sessions out here?” As if that doesn’t prove his point, he emphasizes. “-all night?” Well, he pays no attention to the display of affection. They can have that till dawn. See if he cares. But his concern is, it’s nightfall and he’s starving. He knows that his mother hasn’t finished cooking, judging from the apron she’s holding and how her hair is messily tied up in a bun. If his mother keeps on spoiling his brat-ish of a friend, he might die from hunger. Oh he might as well kill Sehun before that happens.

Seeing her son’s point, she unwillingly releases Sehun and slightly frowns at her son. “Alright, come in young lads. Sorry but you’ll have to wait for dinner a bit.”

As they enter, the smell of good food wafts in the air. It’s a bit stuffy inside but that only makes the teens’ mouths water more. Jongin goes straight to the kitchen and starts pestering his mother through failed attempts of stealing side dishes and meats. Meanwhile, Sehun is lost in his own world while sitting primly on the couch.

The world is so unfair. Sehun thinks as he takes in the scene of the household. He can’t help but feel envious of his friend. Though, they aren’t as wealthy as him, at least Jongin has his parents. At least they are complete. How about him? What does he have? Yes, he’s literally rich. However, Jongin’s family is loaded with love that he can’t possibly buy with those crispy papers he hides in his wallet and bank account. In spite of this, he’s thankful that Jongin’s family treats him as a part of them. They give him the attention he’s craving for. Not to mention the support he’s receiving when he actually needs it.

But the thing is, Sehun thinks that he’s just borrowing what Jongin has. He doesn’t realize that it’s not the case at all.

They start eating dinner as soon as Jongin’s father returns home. Sehun honestly thought that he’ll be able to enjoy his food without issues but he’s wrong. Mrs. Kim starts giving him lots of food. Jongin’s protests fall on deaf ears. She keeps filling Sehun’s bowl, saying that Sehun needs it more than Jongin. Mr. Kim cuts in at last and asks him in Mrs. Kim’s stead. All it takes is a deep stare for Sehun to start talking. He almost spills everything. Luckily, he’s still in his right mind to leave out some crucial details. Such as he likes his teacher and that person isn’t a girl.

Suddenly, he’s not hungry anymore though he still eats, afraid of upsetting Jongin’s mother. In between swallowing mouthfuls, he narrates his pathetic one sided love story. He’s glad that they’re mostly silent. Jongin’s parents are sensitive enough to comment at the right times.

And again, Sehun assumes that he’ll get away just like that after helping Mrs. Kim put the dishes on the sink.

They proceed to the living room. He’s quite surprised that they didn’t turn on the T.V. as usual. Everyone is so focused on him that he starts fidgeting from his place on the couch. He nervously looks back and forth at the faces before him.

“My poor Sehuniee...” Mrs. Kim coos and moves to Sehun’s side to embrace him. But before she can actually wrap her arms around the teen, she’s interrupted by her husband.

“Yeobo, go wash the dishes please.” Mr. Kim practically instructs his wife. “Come on, this is a man to man talk.

“Ah trying to be so mature about relationships are we?” She reacts with a tint of annoyance in her voice.

“Just trust me, okay?”

Mrs. Kim stands up moodily. The moment she disappears in the kitchen, the remaining men in the living room huddle up as if they’re about to play the greatest football game ever. They are cramped in the same sofa. Sehun is in the middle while Jongin is on his right side while Mr. Kim on the other.

“So here’s the deal,” The oldest in the band starts, voice hushed but determined. “Did you ask for an answer already? I mean, you confessed, right?” He waits for Sehun to nod. “So did you?”

Sehun shakes his head. “Practically...” He scratches his cheek sheepishly before adding, “I ran before I could even see that person’s reaction.” That person...he uses those words to be safe. Fortunately, Mr. Kim doesn’t mind at all.

“Good. That’s my boy.” Jongin’s father claps Sehun on his shoulder.

Sehun’s slumped shoulders suddenly rise. His eyes go wide and his eyebrows almost disappear in his bangs in surprise. “Huh?” He asks dumbly.

“Let me tell you a secret that only guys should know.” Mr. Kim makes it to a point that all of their attention is on him before resuming. “You see, as long as she doesn’t say no, or yes for that matter, you’re free to woo her. Sure, its fine asking for her approval though-“He breathes in deeply. “There are only two answers. It will either make or break you. So I guess, not really asking her is the right move. Until she says something, you can show how much you love her.”  

“What if she rejects? Is that a no-go already?” Jongin inquires. Well, he’s not the one with the problem here. He bets Sehun is just too emotional to ask.

“That’s why we shouldn’t forget the 3Ps; persistence, patience, and perseverance. You see that woman washing the dishes? She used to reject me a thousand times before. She told me she wasn’t interested and attracted to me in the slightest. Instead of sulking, I tried pursuing her again and again until she gave up and gave me a chance. And as you can see, I didn’t waste that. Now, look at us.” Jongin fixes him an unbelieving stare so he adds, “Yeah, I know I told you that it was the other way around but now you know the truth. Sehun,” He averts his attention to the other youngster. “It’s all up to you if you give her up. Anyway, you’re too young to actually take these things seriously.”

Sehun doesn’t mind the last part that much. For now, all he knows is that his flickering hope is starting to come alive. He might hurt himself for the second time around but he thinks he can handle it. It doesn’t matter how many times he tries and fails. As long as it’s for Kim Minseok...He believes he can do anything. He can endure the pain. He must.

 

Listlessly, Minseok closes the door behind him as he enters their flat. He loosens his tie and quickly discards it with his button up shirt. He places them somewhere in the sofa along with his messenger bag. It’s so unlike him to be this messy but he can’t bring himself to care.

Luhan is done cooking. At the sight of his roommate, he quickly sets up the table and invites Minseok. Both of them are silently eating until Luhan perceives Minseok’s unsettling behavior.

“Baby,” Luhan pauses. “Lately, you look so sad. Why?” He rests his hand on top of Minseok’s and squeezes it a bit. “I hate to see you like this.”

“It’s because I’m a terrible person Lulu. I’m so sorry.” Minseok replies. He forces himself to smile but the guilt is crawling in his skin.

“No you’re not!” Luhan almost screams. “Whatever it is, it’s not your fault! Do you hear me?” Then, he cups Minseok’s face. “It’s not your fault, okay?”

“But Lulu-“

“Shh...I’m here Minseokiee. I’ll always be by your side.” Luhan leans in and kisses Minseok on his forehead. 

 

 

 

---

A/N: Yah. I know what you’re thinking about the intro...I’m innocent. I swear. XDD

I just broke my rule! WTH???!!!

A talk with Lulu (mini-series LOL. Don’t mind this. I’m crazy)

  • Lulu: I’m here to complain about my lack of appearance! WTH was that? I’m still part of this story! And all I get to do is kiss Minseokiee on his forehead?
  • Me: O.O (Wae so angry all of a sudden Lulu?)
  • Lulu: Why don’t you erase my name on the characters? Huh? It’s useless anyway
  • Me: I’m sorry Lu-ge~ I promise I’ll make it up to you.
  • Lulu: No.
  • Me: Wtf???
  • Lulu: Shoo! /throws me somewhere I don’t know. Galaxy maybe? LOL/ That’s it! I’ll be in charge of the story from now on! You have no say in it. Since you’re out there (in the galaxy), go chill with the dragon, will you?