Stress and Strain

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

Getting closer to the junction, Jongin half-expects Sehun, y and all but, still emitting that same pink aura he had yesterday. Sure, he’s a tad bit freaked out from his best friend’s new found behavior. But it doesn’t mean that he’s against it. No, it isn’t like that at all. He’s just curious of the reason behind all Sehun’s odd change of demeanor. Oh come on. The guy suddenly became less of a ‘Sehun’ he knows. The Sehun Jongin knows is someone whose feet are always planted on the ground, mind is forever intact, and sanity is in check all the time. It’s okay if Sehun stays like that. At least there are benefits. Say for example, Sehun let him copy ‘some’ of his homework. That’s good. The only problem: Sehun’s biting sarcasm is still there, unharmed.

He puts on his best smirk when he saw Sehun. “Yo! Se...hun...?”

Hesitation suddenly kicks Jongin’s gut. Though he has not seen Sehun’s face yet, he can tell that something is wrong. Today, Sehun gives off a depressing feeling. The inner part of his aura is a dark shade of violet that becomes darker and darker until it turns to black at the outer part that coils up to the air like deadly smokes that spells death. Reluctantly, Jongin closes their distance and taps Sehun’s shoulder. “Wassup?”

Sehun slowly turns his head. Jongin isn’t prepared to see what’s coming next. This is his first time seeing the usually good-looking but expressionless Sehun look the opposite. His buddy’s eyes are sunken and accompanying it are extra baggage and dark circles beneath them. Sehun’s lips are (miraculously) apparently drawn downward.

“Oh man, you look like .”

 “Do I?” Sehun brings up a hand and presses his finger slightly before dragging it down, deforming his messed up face. “I couldn’t sleep last night.”

“You couldn’t sleep? Dude, what did you even do?” Jongin slings an arm around Sehun and lets it rest at the latter’s shoulder. “You watched videos, didn’t you?”

“Oh sure.” Sehun scowls at Jongin. “You little .” Then, he elbows Jongin’s ribs, making the guy double over in pain.

Honestly, he didn’t. He stayed up all night, reviewing his notes but hell, he couldn’t focus. When he was decided to just let it go and sleep, he couldn’t. He has been on his bed for God knew how long and all he did was shift from place to place. He resolved to tire his eyes by watching some late-night shows with too over-reacting hosts and some slow guests who have been pranked because they were very oblivious. He flipped through channels after that but, all that glared at him was a static grey screen which shouted at him to sleep but he just couldn’t. He returned to his room afterwards. He settled on watching saved movies on his laptop. Most of the time, he skipped some parts because they’re too boring. It was exactly 5:30 in the morning when his eyes were drooping. Well, at least he got some sleep before groggily waking up at seven.  And all of that was because he couldn’t eliminate his teacher and hyung’s entirety from his mind. It’s like Kim Minseok has already built a place to reside in him. Brain or heart; it doesn’t matter because Minseok has invaded them before he could even realize it.

 

For the most part of the day, he’s hyper alert on every movement in the surroundings. The last thing he would ever wish is to happen upon Kim Minseok. So, he’s putting quite a lot of effort to check the vicinity. Jongin once looked at him strangely and said, “Sehun, you’re acting like an idiot.” He didn’t say anything about that. He’s more concentrated to his ‘mission’.

Sehun isn’t the type to eavesdrop on trivial conversations but he could hear clearly when it’s about their mesmerizing schoolteacher. His new found ability leads him to information he couldn’t imagine asking directly to that person. His preferred class, where he studied, style of clothing and other matters that isn’t really interesting but somehow they find so fascinating are some of the topics they have delved into. He also finds out that he doesn’t need to act like a ninja every time in the corridor because Minseok has to attend college first before teaching in the afternoon.

 

“Dude, you like someone.” Jongin states matter-of-factly that had Sehun choke on his sandwich.

Vehemently gasping for much needed air, Sehun reaches for his juice which Jongin blankly gives. His brows furrowed as he glowers at his friend. “What the ? What exactly are you talking about?”

“Oh please.” Jongin sneers and leans at the table, resting his head on the palm of his hand while facing Sehun’s direction. “Don’t play dumb with me. I know you call me dumb but,” he brings up a finger and waves it. “I know these kinds of things.” He adds in a sing-song voice.

“Seriously? Jongin, what the heck is going on with your dimwitted brain?” He struggles so hard to cover up his haywire feelings. Truthfully, he’s been cracking the codes and solving the mysteries that are happening to him for the first time in his 16 years of existence in the world these past few days. Perhaps, he’s not aware even when the answers are right in front of him...though, he’s too proud to admit.

To hell with it! He should have watched romantic movies. Maybe, that way, he can discern himself. Honestly, he prefers action-packed movies from the saccharine ones that are full of ty events that lead to one conclusion every time. And hey, even if someone would point out that some cool films have romantic elements with it, he’d say that it never includes guys getting nervous around the person they like. One thing: the hero gets the girl after the girl witnesses his bad- accurate shooting or beating people up. That’s all.  

Jongin snickers and he doesn’t make an effort to hide it. Sehun just hates himself for remembering Minseok’s chuckles because of that.

This is crazy.

It seems like the world is reminding him all of that’s Minseok in the most ‘subtle’ way possible.

“Yah. Don’t try to do that trick of yours. When it comes to this, I can’t call myself an expert but, at least I have experiences.”

“Does having first love with the person you only look at her body counts as experience?” Sehun mocks head-on.

“You know perfectly that I’m just kidding about that.” Jongin pointedly retaliates. “Besides, your too obvious reactions give away your inexperienced sorry .”

Sehun’s face is blank but deep inside, it’s the contrary. Everything confuses him. His wrecked brain is fighting head to head with his violently hammering heart.  And for the first time ever in history, he considers Jongin’s opinion which he knows he’ll just regret later.

 

 

Minseok isn’t really startled to see Sehun staying behind again. Actually, he’s very thankful to Sehun. The kid’s presence assures him that he’s very well accepted in their school. He doesn’t feel estranged that much. It’s like Sehun is an old friend, helping him to get used to the school’s system. Being with the kid is comfortable, to say the least.

“I’m glad that you’re still here!” he says, peering at Sehun who’s sitting on the front seat nearest to his table. “I think you should always do this~”

To that, Sehun almost sputters nonsense because his face is getting all red again. But he sticks on bowing his head a little bit and pretends to be occupied by searching for nonexistent things in his bag. “Sure, if you would like that, seonsaengnim.”

“Of course, I’d like that!” Minseok beams and it’s too blinding for Sehun to handle. “Don’t worry; I’ll always give you your share.”

“What share?” Sehun’s head shoots up and he accidentally makes an eye contact with his teacher. Instantly, he regrets it but, he couldn’t tear his gaze away. It’s like his hyung’s eyes have casted an unbreakable spell on him, enchanting him to never look away and luring him to get lost in them forever. And as the seconds tick by, he figures, he doesn’t mind getting lost at all.

Minseok smiles cutely. “What else? Of course, it’s none other than a share of my sufferings!” he shakes the boxes that seem to be endless. Day by day, he empties his table but, they just keep coming! He feels bad giving them away but then again, he has no choice. Throwing them away is tempting, however, it’s awful and he doesn’t want to do that. His face brightens when Sehun nodded. Though not so lively, he takes it positively. “Thank you Sehun-ah.”  

Once Sehun can ultimately control himself, he averts his eyes. At last, he can breathe normally though he still couldn’t calm his nerves. His insides are screaming crazily. He just hopes that it can’t be heard outside.

“Say, seonsaengnim...since you owe me a lot, answer me.” It’s barely audible but Minseok heard it clearly.

“Oh sure, what is it?”

in for more air, Sehun thinks thoroughly before speaking. “Have you been nervous around anyone before?”

Minseok’s hasty hands stop in mid-air. He brings them down, flatting them on his table. Nothing’s coming to him but he feels like he knows what they might lead to. “Of course, I have been nervous around my professor, especially when he’s roaming around, looking for someone to answer his hard question. Unless,” He leans on the table, wishing it adds a mysterious effect around him. “We’re talking about getting all fidgety around someone you consider special.”

“Special...?” Sehun asks slowly. “What do you mean?”             

“I mean: First, shaky hands or sweaty palms. Second, your heartbeat is so loud that you’re afraid someone else can hear it. Third, at times you feel your heart has jumped to your throat, choking you and making it harder for you to breathe. Fourth, you feel so happy with that person, and so on and so forth.” It’s a mouthful but Minseok feels very confident. “Why, Sehun-ah? Why are you asking?”

Stun. Sehun can’t move from his place. Everything that his teacher has pointed out seems to be piercing right through him. It’s the exact thing he’s experiencing when Minseok is just around the corner. For a moment, every single thing fades away, making him feel alone and isolated. His only companion is his erratic heartbeat. It’s ringing loudly in his ears.

“Sehun-ah?” Minseok’s worried voice pulls him back to Earth. “Why are you asking?”

“Uhm...N-Nothing!” Sehun anxiously answers. He thinks of a proper reply, an excuse actually, to get him out of this crazy situation. “Uh...M-My friend was ah...uhm...having a problem and I didn’t know what to say to him.” He pauses to make his alibi more believable but he settles on letting Minseok judge his acting (more like lying) skills.

“Really? That must be hard for him.” Minseok returns to his work. “You know, being all innocent about these things.”

Ugh. Hyung. Innocent. I’m sorry if I am one. Sehun admitted to himself.

“Seonsaengnim, have you experienced it before?”  He asks even though he’s afraid of the answer. Maybe, he doesn’t want to be disappointed. But why would he be disappointed? It’s pretty normal to go through that phase. Kim Minseok is 5 years older for crying out loud.

Chuckling, Minseok rubs his nape and responds. “I think I have told you, guys, about that before. I wanted to focus on my studies so I didn’t have time for those things.”

 

After another hour of just about stamping and checking papers, they move to leave at last. Minseok opens the door, waiting for Sehun to follow him. But before Sehun steps out, he inquires, “So, can I tell him that he just sickeningly likes someone that’s why he’s acting that way?”

“No.” Minseok ruffles Sehun’s hair. “Enlighten him. Tell him the possibilities and leave it up to him. After all, he might arrive in the wrong conclusion if everybody is pressuring him.”

“Mmm...But maybe, he really does like that person.”

 

 

 

---

 

A/N: It's pretty late now~ I'm very sleepy -_- zzz I know. The last part is a bit messy. Sorry! I'm really sorry. Please forgive me. T.T
Say goodbye to our cute and shy maknae once he accepted that he's gay for Minseok! mwahahahahaha and that chapter is getting near. Dontcha worry~ (You'll be missing that shy boy XD)
It's my cousin's birthday today so it took long before I could finally write this. 
Nothing really happened here. but as I said, I like transition and stuff. But please do tell if you think, he's taking so long to progress. I don't mind. I can cut through the chase.
April 15! April 15! April 15! Who's excited?