Parallel Circuit

Of Gravity, Acceleration and Motion

Thankfully, after a few minutes of stretching and some quick lessons, their teacher finally lets them play whatever they want. Normally, Sehun and Jongin would join in the basketball game. But they’re too preoccupied by their unfinished business in the locker room. Both of them are sitting on the uppermost part of the bleachers. Good thing, their classmates are fixated on the basketball and volleyball game and are mostly sitting on the lower part.

“So Huniee-“

“Shut the up. I’m definitely not gay with you. So, don’t just make up some ty gay names.” Sehun snaps. He thinks that he’s still manly and he’s not gay. He still finds Miranda Kerr crazily attractive, for ’s sake. Damn it! It’s not as if he can choose who he should like, right? So basically, he’s still a man even though he likes a guy. Does it make sense? And for the record, he has never acted girly towards that person (maybe?).

“Ooh~ So, you’re admitting that there’s a little bit of gay inside you?” Jongin pushes his luck. He’s enjoying this: pissing off Sehun until the guy becomes beet red from frustration. “Fine. I’ll stop.” he says after seeing Sehun’s hands balled into fists. He bends to tie his shoelaces before looking at his friend. “Just tell me how you became a madman.”

“Aish. You little ...” Sehun grumbles. Before saying anything, he contemplates. Where should he start? Even though he tries, he can’t find the perfect reasons why he likes his Physics teacher.  He knows that there are more reasons aside from his kindness. The only problem is he can’t pinpoint exactly what those reasons are. “I’ve never told you about this before.” He murmurs. “But we have met. Grade 9: back when I couldn’t protect anyone, even myself.” Then, he retells the events with such fondness. He can’t see himself but his eyes are shining while recounting everything to Jongin. As he nears the end, he sighs and looks at Jongin straight in the eyes. “If you’re asking what exactly I have liked about him. I’m telling you; I have no clue.”

Jongin smiles a little. He never thought that his buddy can smile fondly. Perhaps, there’s more to Sehun than being a stuck up . And it’s all thanks to their ‘captivating’ teacher, Kim Minseok.

 

Sehun isn’t paying any attention to the game. He’s not even looking. So when someone accidentally hurled the volleyball towards his direction, it hit the back of his head real hard causing him to fall forward. He awfully bangs his forehead on the railing that sends him reeling backwards.

Jongin isn’t fast enough to react. In a blink of an eye, Sehun is falling (more like rolling) down the bleachers like a ragdoll. The students halt their game when they heard shrieks coming from the bleachers. Ultimately, everyone was too busy freaking out as he reached the ground, unmoving, until their PE teacher runs to him.

Nervous faces surround Sehun but he can’t recognize anyone from his bleary vision. Everything is a blur of black and white and nothing more. He struggles to blink them away but it’s no use. His eyelids are drooping slowly. Soon, he gives in to the cold darkness.

               

Aside from his conversation with Jongin, Sehun doesn’t remember anything. He doesn’t know why he’s in the infirmary and why the hell is he hurting so much. It’s like every bone in his body has been crushed. He looks around, trying to find someone, or anyone for that matter, to tell him what happened to him last P.E. class. Oh. Right. He still has classes to attend. He lifts his hand, though painfully slow because it aches so much, and looks at his watch. His eyes widen when he saw that it’s already 4:30. He strains to get up. As much as he wants to ditch classes, he sure as hell doesn’t want to skip Physics. Again, he tries but he only managed to prop himself up from the bed. He gives in to the pain and rests his head on the bedrail. That’s when he felt the throbbing on his forehead. Feeling it with his good hand, he finds a dressing taped on his temple. He sighs knowing that he can’t do anything but to stay there until the pain goes away.

I guess I’ll just have to wait for the bell.

As seconds pass by, though his body is perfectly still, brain feels like exploding because he can’t stop thinking of the possibilities, his fantasies and wishes. Wishing for Kim Minseok to notice his absence is indecent, right? Wishing for his Physics teacher to come into the infirmary with a worried face is improper, right? But the thing is, Sehun can’t stop thinking about those things. He wants to push them away but they keep coming and multiplying. He should be thrown to the depths of hell for letting those thoughts get to him.

After the third ring, Sehun never thought that his heart would jump up to his throat just because someone opened the door. He was too absorbed in daydreaming about his hyung’s dramatic entrance...though it’s too embarrassing to admit. But he didn’t expect that the angels and lord above, elemental beings, and other spirits would listen to his wishes.   

“Sehun-ah.”

Sehun can’t speak. He’s too overwhelmed to utter even a single word. Sehun, get your poker face on. Poker face. Poker face. He commands himself to stay calm but his overjoyed heart is getting in the way. Not to mention that his face is heating up at the fastest rate possible.

“Ah, there you are.” Minseok says as he draws the curtains, revealing a slightly flushed Sehun. “Jongin said that you were here. Are you okay now?” He moves closer to Sehun and sits on the stool next to the bed. Noticing how red Sehun’s face is, he tries to touch his student’s forehead but the kid involuntarily flinches so he drops it. “Anyway, you know, these,” he indicates the tablets on the table close to him. “-are here to be taken, not to be ignored.”

“Ah-uhm...w-what are those?” Sehun finally mutters.

Minseok looks at Sehun like he’s some kind of creature from outer space. “They’re pain killers. They won’t kill you.” He says with a little bit of chuckle that Sehun really loves.

Sehun ingests a capsule and drinks the water that Minseok gave him.

For a long time, they settled on a comfortable silence until Minseok broke it, offering to at least walk Sehun to the gates because he knows that Sehun would refuse if he pushes to walk him home. “Do you think you can stand up?” He asks.

Sehun nods. In all honesty, he doesn’t feel sore anymore. Maybe it’s the medicine’s work or Minseok’s concern that healed him. Either way, he’d go for the latter choice. His heart is thrashing crazily inside his rib cage and somehow, from deep within him, he wishes that Minseok would hear it. He wishes that he could man up one day and declare his potentially rejected feelings. And that’s what scares him. If it doesn’t go well, he wonders how he would fare from the heartbreak he might receive. But that concern fleetingly passes and before he knows it, he’s back to the state of being all giddy and happy from Minseok’s attention.

He managed to get up but he’s all too shaky. (Un)Fortunately, Minseok is there to catch him.

Sehun panics a little when Minseok tries to sling Sehun’s arm on his shoulder. Frantically, Sehun pulls away. Of course, it’s not like he dislikes their closeness. It’s just that they’re too close that Sehun might die from heart attack (okay, well...a little. Scratch that. Too much happiness). “Hyung, there’s no need for that. I-I can walk. See?” Wobbly, he proves his point.

They slowly saunter through hallways and stairs until they reach the school gate. After saying goodbyes, they split ways. But the rain starts pouring and Sehun doesn’t have an umbrella. He wills himself not to look back. He might see an excessively worried Minseok and he wouldn’t be able to move at all. Then, the rain isn’t hitting him anymore. He looks up but all he sees is a blue umbrella, shielding him from the rain.

“Yah. Let me walk you home.” Minseok speaks as he walks side-by-side with Sehun.

“H-hyung, you don’t have to.” Sehun shakily mutters, somehow pushing Minseok away from his personal space. “I-I can just run so...”

“Nah~ just let me do it.”

The umbrella isn’t that big. Even though they’re practically squeezed against each other, their shoulders are soaking wet from the relentless rain falling on them. It’s getting harder and harder for Sehun to control his breathing. The walk to his home shouldn’t take that long. But somehow, he feels like they’re walking in slow motion. A minute feels like an hour and he doesn’t know what to do about it. But he likes it. If it’s with Minseok, he can go on forever. 

 

 

 

---

A/N: Yo~ I’m back ufufufu. Did you miss me? You missed me? You should! OMG I’m forcing you XD Because.I.Miss.You.Guys.So.Much...This.Is.Unfair. T.T Anyway, it took me awhile to update again. Actually, I thought I could update yesterday but hell I was very tired because of our trip, summer weather and whatnots.  

Oh. Another thing: Today is starry-eyedDeer99 birthday~ *le sings Happy birthday at the top of my lungs in different languages XD*

(I’m very thankful because even though it’s his birthday, he still proofread this crap XD kkaepsong~ Every time I let him proofread, I feel stupid and elementary LOL but yeah, what am I without him? How would my story fare without his proofread? XDDD