Trying to Keep This Boat Afloat

Once In a Life Time (Re-uploading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could feel my knees get weak. The news my father just announced to me left circulating in my mind. I truly felt sick a mixture of disappointment and nervousness taking over me. Mr. Oh the man my dad claimed to be my father in-law stepped forward making me take a step back. I felt trapped and vulnerable.

"Chaein this must be a big shock for you but it's for the best for both of our families" he smiled reassuringly looking completely sincere in what he was saying and almost making me think that just maybe this was the only thing I could do to make my father proud of me. Deep down I felt I was throwing my life away this felt like a death sentence to me.

The boy about my age looked up at his father with this cold look in his eyes. They gave me chills but I could see that small spark of uncertainty. Mr. Oh gently nudged the boy to introduce himself.

"My name is Oh Sehun, I hope we will take care of one another," he stated his tone just as cold as his eyes.

I bowed out of politeness but I couldn't manage to keep the stream of tears from flowing down my face. I truly had let that spark of hope ruin me.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, excuse me,” I said soft-spokenly and pushed past them towards the stairs.

 I've never felt more pathetic in my entire life. Quickly I ran up to my room the fear that they both saw my tears making me even more distressed. Like a child I slammed my door hoping my dad could hear from his office so he knew I was angry and more than just a little bit. Little did I know or even remotely think that Sehun would have followed me up to my room and was sitting outside my door listening to everything I was saying and hearing me throw a fit like an immature baby. I hated when I appeared weak but I knew it was too late I couldn’t hide it.

I had to release my anger though as much as that was out of character for me. Sliding everything off my desk onto the floor and throwing everything in sight. I just couldn't deal with the fact that I let myself believe that maybe my father would care for me even the slightest bit. I reached for the last picture frame I had in order to throw it at the wall like the others but stopped when I heard a soft whisper from outside the door. Why it made me stop midthrow is beyond me but I did. 

"Were in the same boat you know, I don't want this you don't want this but do we really have choice" he sounded almost heartbroken.

I made my way over to the door and sat down next to it listening to what he had to say letting the picture frame slowly fall from my hand.  Feeling the tears pricking at my eyes once again as I looked at it the only and possibly the last photo of my mother that's in this godforsaken house.

The photo we took a few weeks before she died. When I had no idea how sick she was behind that loving smile. She wouldn’t haven’t wanted this for me.

 

Sehun

My dad was never fond of the idea of love or my thoughts on it and he proved me right yet again when he dragged me across the globe to see a girl I’ve never met in my life and just accept her as my wife. He took the choice out of my hands and chose her to be the one I share the rest of my life with. It was honestly quiet aggravating if you ask me considering my thoughts or feelings are never taken into account. In truth I wanted nothing to do with her. She was just another excuse for my father to control my life even more than he already does.

As we walked into this girls house we were greeted by her father’s waiting staff. Her dad seemed to be an okay guy but her mom was nowhere to me seen. Not even a trace of the woman was in the house.

It somewhat reminded me of my o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter