A Mothers Love

Once In a Life Time (Re-uploading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13 years ago, the night of her passing, Chaein’s mother Felicity decided to meet once again with her longtime friend Jinae now known as Sehun’s mother.

"Jinae...." Felicity said in a soft tone as she entered the office after sending her daughter off.

"Yes, Felicity,” she glanced up looking at her dear friend with a worry stricken expression.

“You and I are good friends,” she began as she sauntered over to her desk and pulled a small key from her pocket “You have done so much for me these many years and I know I could never trust anyone with my last request more than you,”

Jinae stared at her friend with wide eyes as the woman unlocked her top desk drawer and pulled out a small manila.

"Felicity-" Jinae gaped at her friend in disbelief.

 It had been months since she had last heard from her and now she felt her heart-breaking piece by piece.

"I'm dying......" she cut her off abruptly her tone laced with desperation.

"No,” Jinae whispered to herself as she slid down into the chair beside her.

She grasped on to the arm rests her knuckles turning a ghostly shade of white.

"My hearts failing and there's no time left for a donor so want to go through with my final plans but I need your help on one last thing" Felicity calmly remarked “Everything must be planned before my final breath,”

“You can’t die!” Jinae screamed at her friend tears welling up in her eyes “Stop talking as if everything is no big deal!”

“Jin there’s nothing else for me to do I’m a ticking time bomb,” Felicity breathed out shutting her eye as she held the thick envelope to her chest.

“No, we can find a way!” her friend panicked running a shaky hand through her hair.

“There isn’t a way!” Felicity yelled tears streaming from her eyes “and I’m scared,”

Her aqua eyes flickered open as tears streamed down her cheeks.

“I will do anything for you," Jinae looked to her friend smiling remorsefully.

"Then please take care of my daughter, I won’t be there to guide her," she proceeded to open the envelope which she had pulled from her desk.

"Of course, I will," Jinae got up from her chair and pulled her dear friend into a hug.

"I want Chaein to marry Sehun when she turns eighteen. I would want her to be a part of your family more than anything else," she sighed into her friend’s shoulder before her tone grew frantic "This is my last dying wish, please take my child into your family when she turns eighteen,"

"I promise I will,"

  

"She's just like her you know" I remarked as we entered my husband’s office.

"I was surprised at their similarities as well," he said putting his hands onto my shoulders "I know you miss her.”

"Missing her is an understatement don’t you think?" I chuckled a little.

Growing up with a good friend creates a special bond between you. With Chaein’s mother I could not have imagine what my life would’ve become without her friendship. We weren't just friends we were like sisters. When my parents and I moved to America she was the only one who accepted me as a friend. Until I went to college where I met Sehun’s father and the man she would marry she was the only person I could rely on.

“I do regret some of the things I said after you told me her request but I could have never imagined that Sehun and this child would have gotten along so well,” he continued as he showed me a photo he had taken of the two.

"No matter how much he likes her it probably won’t make hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter