Friends?

Once In a Life Time (Re-uploading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 As a child growing up through a divorce I never considered love to be something that came easy for everyone. Being in love with someone was hard. There are so many restrictions and stresses one must overcome but in the end it is worth it. Because in the end you are able to prove to the one that you love that your love is true and pure.

 Many would probably think that I of all people wouldn’t believe in love but it is the opposite. I believe love comes between those in many shapes and forms as well as at the wrong times. My parents for example were probably in love at the wrong time. They were never lovey or romantic towards one another during my childhood and sometimes it seemed like they were both so engulfed in each other’s differences that if I disappeared they wouldn’t have even noticed. Although they were madly in love with one another there was no denying that.

Sometimes after my mother left us I would sneak into her old office and look through photo albums of her and my dad in college. Now that I come to think about it that’s what kept my belief in love alive seeing the love they share through pictures and memories she left behind. In every faded photo they were happy and smiling as if they couldn’t get enough of one another. In some ways I was jealous.

With Chaein, we were never going to get that chance to fall in love with one another blindly. It’s not as if we are going to be able to tell others our cute story as to how we met and how we fell in love with one another. The only thing I’m sure she’d even be able to think of is, he is the man I was forced to marry.

I am jealous that my parents met on their own terms. They didn’t have to just settle down on the fact that they were stuck with one another and that there was nothing they could do about it. Chaein is a beautiful girl and I respect her but she deserves to fall in love with a man whom she has chosen. Just as I deserve to be able to find the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life.

“I will have nothing if I try to escape from this” Chaein murmured as she sat in the car beside me.

We were just then leaving her house towards the airport and I couldn’t help but feel an aching pain in my chest.

“I want to apologize sincerely for the trouble I am causing you but Sehun…” she glanced up letting our eyes meet “I will have nothing if we don’t go through with this. My father would never accept me back; I would be a disgrace,”

“You don’t need to apologize, this is our parent’s doing not yours,” I sigh as the car began pulling away from her house.

“Marriage is something to be shared among two people who love each other. Obviously we are not in love so I hope we can live in peace with one another,” her tone appeared strong and reassuring but I could still sense the hesitancy behind it.

“Have you ever been to Korea?” I changed the subject abruptly leaving no reply to her last response.

“Yes,” she smiled gently and looked out the window “I used to go with my parents every summer to visit my grandparents, on my father’s side of course. My parents met in Korea as well. My father was studying business and my mother was studying Pathology and Pediatrics. From what I heard they met through mutual friends. My mom was an all American girl born and raised in the U.S. Sometimes she taught seminars in Korea and I would tag along as well,”

She suddenly paused and turned to face me.

“I’m rambling aren’t I,” she blushed and I chuckled.

“No its okay go on,” I grinned and she nodded looking back out the window.

“She is the whole reason why I want to study and become a doctor myself,” she smiled and playe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter