Break Down

Once In a Life Time (Re-uploading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The walk home from school was terrible my thoughts running wild with the images of me and Luhan. I could only think of how disappointed Sehun would be with me. It was almost inevitable that if Luhan had real feelings for me it could cause a rift in their friendship. That was something I most definitely did not want to be the cause of or have any part in.

The sun had just started to slowly dissipate into the horizon as I made it back to the front gate of the house. As I entered the property I walked straight to the back yard where I could sit and relax before going inside. This area was untouched and peaceful which reminded me of my yard back home. When I was home I would always go there when I needed to think. Now I have a substitute. I walked over to a bench shaded beneath a Japanese maple in the far part of the yard. Dropping my bag onto the grass before sitting down.

What was going on with me? Why was I so torn apart over this? Isn't finding the one you want to be with easy like how it is in the movies. Do people really experience what I’m going through? I mean I doubt every high schooler goes through something as rare as this.

It’s very odd to think that I, this gangly awkward girl has wifely duties. One of them being faithful to my husband but how was I supposed to act like a wife when I’m still a child. I swear I’m always getting myself into unnecessary trouble, there’s no way I was even remotely ready to take on such a big role in someone else’s life.

"Thought you'd be here," Sehun sat down beside me disrupting my train of thought.

"Oh yeah," I sighed looking down at the small pile of dirt I was kicking up out of the yard while swinging my foot.

I could barely look at him and it was killing me that I couldn’t tell him what Luhan had done.

"Is something wrong?" He said lifting my head to make me look at him.

Should I tell him but what would he think of me then? God, he makes me really want to tell him. Being honest is the best way though I should tell him.

My thoughts ran wild with guilt.

"Yeah something is wrong,” I finally confessed feeling nervous.

"You can tell me" He said holding one of my hands in his and rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Luhan and I kissed," I remained silent until he spoke up again.

He stared at me with wide eyes.

"You what?" he asked in disbelief.

I could feel tears starting to brim my lower eyelids and my face slowly beginning to heat up.

"I don't know how it happened I thought we were friends and-" I could feel myself beginning to choke on my words as I tried to explain myself "I just don't know... I’m so sorry I didn't mean to,"

"It's okay," he said pulling me closer to him resting my head on his chest.

"No, it's not, it wished it never happened," I said as I felt warm tears begin to flood my cheeks.

"I said it's fine I'll talk to Luhan about it" he said as he began to wipe the tears from my soaked cheeks.

I looked up at him as he stared at me with warmth and love.

“I would never do anything that would harm what we have,” I blurted out but I knew that was what I felt deep down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter