First day at school

Seoulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Seoulmate[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]First day at school[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]Running down the stairs I straightened out my uniform to find Jae Hwa impatiently waiting next to the door.


"What kind of time do you call this?"


"I was five minutes late, calm down."


"Five minutes can make a lot of difference, the car is waiting."


I quickly put my shoes on and checked my hair one last time in the mirror before quickly running outside myself.


The driver opened the door and I raced into the back seat dumping my bag on the middle seat of the car.


"Is that designer?" He asked, pointing to my bag.


"...Yes. I think so."


"My sister spoils you." He said.


"Feeling unloved?" I said jokingly. He gave me a funny look and sat back in his seat.


"So where should I go to find my form room?"


"How should I know?!"


"Ga Eul organised it so we would be in the same form didn't she?"


"Seriously?! Ugh, S7 then. Don't expect to follow me around though, I have better things to be doing than dragging you along with me."


"If you're going to be acting like that I'll find the room myself." I sat back in my seat aswell and looked out of the window for the rest of the journey.


The school was much nearer to the centre of Seoul. It was a large campus surrounded by businesses and skyscrapers, not forgetting the Han river which flowed by closely.


The driver opened my door and I got out of the car slowly, astonished at the sheer size of the high school alone. In the distance I could see swimming pools, a theatre, a small stadium and more buildings than I could count.


This felt more like a small town than a school.


I turned around only to find that Jae Hwa and the car had already disappeared, no matter how much I looked I couldn't find him, he must have ran off while I wasn't looking!


"Jae Hwa!" I tried calling a couple of times only to be presented by strange looks from other students.


"Excuse me, have you seen Nam Jae Hwa?" I asked a boy if the same age as me sitting on a bench, reading a book.


"No. I try to avoid seeing him and his friends if anything." He looked up from his book, he had a nice appearance, he could almost fit in with the popular boys, but the impression he had already given me was so cold.


"Oh...okay, thank you anyway." I smiled, only to be answered with silence. What a lovely boy, I thought sarcastically.


All of a sudden the bell rang and everyone started to rush to their form rooms, including the boy.


"Hey! Wait a second!" I shouted to him, but he didn't reply."


What was Jae Hwa's form room again? S7?


The seventh floor?


I looked around the now bare hallways for a staircase, once I found one I had the task of running up about fourteen flights of stairs, I had to run quickly otherwise I'd be late for class.


To my surprise I ended up on the roof top where there was countless plants, benches and a wonderful view of the whole campus, but I couldn't stay for long, where the hell was the form room?!


I guess the best method was for me to check every floor, but was this seriously necessary?


Floor after floor I hauled myself up the stairs only to have to run around each floor peeking into the rooms to see whether I could see any of my friends. It went on forever, until I reached one room.


S7, of course. The second floor, the seventh room. How could I be so stupid?! I peeked into the room through the window and I was right Ya Eun Bi saw me and took a double take before gesturing for me to come in the room.


I nervously knocked on the door and opened it slightly.


"Sorry I'm late." I said and the teacher walked over to me with a disappointed look on her face.


"You must be Kim Yoo Mi. This isn't a good start Miss Kim being late on your first day."


"I'm sorry." I bowed.


"Detention tonight for you." She replied.


Gosh that was harsh I thought, it was only my first day. In such a big school it was a easy mistake to make.


"Now introduce yourself before sitting down."


I took a deep breath and mustered up my courage, they were just people. Gi Tae made eye contact with me giving moral support.


"Hello everyone, I'm Kim Yoo Mi and I just transferred to Inho high school today. It's nice to meet you all."


"Hello Kim Yoo Mi." The class said back to me, I heard some muffled whispers in the back of the room.


"Now take a seat there." The teacher gestured to a desk the second row from the back of the class. I walked down the aisle between the desks and sat myself down. I turned to my side only to see the angered face of the girl I had accidentally pushed in the pool. Ha Na Young.


"Ya, why are you late to class on the first day?" Jae Hwa turned around and said to me.


"I wonder why." I whispered back sarcastically.


After a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter